1994 Ore. Report Of Elk Hunter Witnessing A Bigfoot Battle A Bull Elk

OkieFoot

Where are the pictures and hide?

I read the report.   They would probably be in the archives of Ray Crowe if the witnesses provided them to him, otherwise lost to history I suppose.   You might check Ray's publications (The Track Record plus books he wrote) since he was notorious for publishing witness names and other details researchers with more respect for witness confidentiality did not.   You'll probably recall that Ray "passed" this last year.

Remember, Ray admonished us to "keep our skepticals on." 

MIB

Edited by MIB

Admin
So again, I ask:

They were asking for a few dollars to defray their expenses and Ray was not forthcoming. The witnesses are still in possession of the photos and skin.  :wink:

I read the report. They would probably be in the archives of Ray Crowe if the witnesses provided them to him, otherwise lost to history I suppose. You might check Ray's publications (The Track Record plus books he wrote) since he was notorious for publishing witness names and other details researchers with more respect for witness confidentiality did not. You'll probably recall that Ray "passed" this last year.

Remember, Ray admonished us to "keep our skepticals on."

MIB

MIB,

My skepticals are firmly affixed. My question was wholly rhetorical. I know that no evidence will be forthcoming, because that's how bigfootery works. It was simply my round-about way of implying that the pictures and hide probably don't exist.

Admin

Tracking down one Mr. Ronald (Ronnie) Smith, big game hunter, would be a start on getting to the bottom of this "incident".

Could a 700 lb elk actually physically toss a 900 lb Sasquatch over its head?  Of course, considering that they were estimating the size from a stated distance of 400 yards doesn't give me a great deal of confidence in the estimation.  

Unfortunately, this story sounds fishy.  There is a Ronnie Smith who is a professional hunter who trains hunting/bird dogs out of OK.  I wonder if this is the same guy who supposedly witnessed this.  

Welcome to the Forums. Hey why not shoot an email off to him and point blank ask him. Might be interesting if he's actually the witness. Good job on the research!

My thing with this is that if it was true it be one hack of a fight. Since elk fight among them, just like deer do during mating. I think seeing elk fight would be pretty cool seeing in real time. Here is a picture of a elk fight and you tell me how it would be for a Bigfoot?

post-482-0-30034500-1464275164.png

I think a 250 pound mule deer could hook and toss a 180 pound man without issue. And I think a big bull Elk could do the same to a Sasquatch.

900 lbs was just an estimate, but we know what Elk weigh.

I'm not supporting this story btw.

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

Bull Sasquatch versus Doe Sasquatch, what is the proper nomenclature? 

That was cool.  It was a female grizzly as well.

So we've got an approx 400 lb caribou fighting an approx 800 lb grizzly.  I think it did pretty decent considering the weight difference.  An adult male elk weighs about 700 lbs....a formidable opponent no matter what/who you are.

^And what does that tell you about the likely validity of the report?  I don't think an elk could toss a 900 lb alpha bf male over itself and then have the bf able to return the fight and rip the elk to shreds.  It's a yarn but good to scare the scouts on jamboree if one were to tell it.

How was the 900 lbs confirmed?

Guest Crowlogic

Cotter in my book there was no 900 lb alpha male bigfoot.  Sooooo we can make the foot 3000 lbs and the elk 2200 lbs and it's still just as real  a story.

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

^And what does that tell you about the likely validity of the report?  I don't think an elk could toss a 900 lb alpha bf male over itself and then have the bf able to return the fight and rip the elk to shreds.  It's a yarn but good to scare the scouts on jamboree if one were to tell it.

How was the 900 lbs confirmed?

Gimlin estimates Patty at about 800 pounds.