Bigfoot Harvesting Fruits, Berries & Vegetables.

Branco

Tal, as always, really enjoy your posts.   I appreciate the countless hours you have put in over the years, both in first-hand research and investigating other people's encounters.  You have enlightened many of us who are serious about the subject.

Dave

I too was a little puzzled by Gigantor's observations about the OP.  He may feel the highest and best use of this Forum is to confirm the existence of the animal.  Me, I don't hold out any illusions about that...not gonna happen here. Instead, I do find the information traded to be very, very useful to help me come to an understanding of what, exactly, is going on.

I (eagerly) read Branco's post with this in mind.

So, he taught me something that could be useful. He taught me, "If you run across something in the woods that might look like this...look for this also, and here is a conclusion you might think about."  THAT is always going to get my attention, and I'm always looking for that kind of content here, from people with the field time to back it up.  More of that, I say.

• Upvote 3

Questions for Tal -

I've heard from people who report yard tools disappearing for a time and reappearing.   Have you?   If so, are buckets among the items "borrowed"?  

A witness reported finding braided / almost woven arrangements of leaves, stems, etc.   That's not far from basketry.   Have you encountered any reports of people finding anything basket-like?

MIB

I have always liked what Branco has said. What he says at the start of this thread is true and then some. They will eat what ever there is available with in their area of travel. I think that if the food is good that they will stay in that area for awhile and leave. Like I have said farm land is a great place for them as well as orchards of fruits.

I have always have wondered how these creatures have carried off my bait pile in a single night. Never have placed thought on baskets but have placed thought on buckets. I have sat in these ground blinds where I have placed small buckets to sit on for spotting. Well have always blamed them missing on other hunters but then again who is to say that they do not use them.

See I do not see them as primates as we see apes, chimps. I kind a see them as us in a animal like feature living wild. They must be smart enough by watching us long enough of what we have done. But again cannot go into the " WoW " factor since that must be to disturbing or to many nonbelievers. But this is another aspect of this creature not worth pursuing unless looking for ridicule.

But I do believe what Branco has investigated is true and can help in predicting the where about of these creatures. This can help in the movement of these creatures in their actions as they do have that primate behavior as in Chimps and Apes.    

8 hours ago, MIB said:

Questions for Tal -

I've heard from people who report yard tools disappearing for a time and reappearing.   Have you?   If so, are buckets among the items "borrowed"?  

A witness reported finding braided / almost woven arrangements of leaves, stems, etc.   That's not far from basketry.   Have you encountered any reports of people finding anything basket-like?

MIB

Yes Sir, I have heard of yard tools, various metal objects, (one such case is mentioned in the "Black Thing" section of the book I scribbled), bags of sweet feed, a big cast iron skillet, (it was used to put dog food in and and later found in the woods about 1/4 mile away), humming bird feeders, kid's toys and plastic buckets with lids which usually containing dog or cat food being carried off from a residence..

In an overhang cave not far from the Coosa River in Talladega County, AL four of us woods rats found two old ax handles. The handles were beat up a bit but were still sturdy. The had been leaning against the wall of the cave for some time as seepage had deposited mud around the ends touching the ground. There were not and visible tracks inside the cave, old or new. It appeared both handles had been attached to ax head at some time. A LOT of Bigfoot activity in that area, without a doubt. (After our group had big outing over there, and I made other trips back, I wrote several reports of my own findings and local resident's reports. The BFRO then made a trip to the same area to shoot one of their shows.) Very interesting place for sure. 

I have not personal seen any of the intricate woven limbs, vines and leave that others have reported finding. I, with others, have found small live trees that have been bent over and interwoven unnaturally. They too had been in place for a good while before we saw them. No tracks or other sign of man, machines or BF, so I don't know for certain what created the designs, although they was found in BF areas (AL & OK).

I've only read reports from other field investigators that mention basket-like weaving found. Would not doubt it for a second though; they are very intelligent animals and have no doubt learned a lot after watching humans for many thousands of years.

Thank each of you for the kind remarks. When I have time I will share an incident that happened to me one night in my camper in Talladega County that certainly confirmed what I already believed. BF have a sense of humor and are world class pranksters. Remind me if I forget, ..........best I can remember, I turned 82 today. :(

• Upvote 3

Indeed, Happy Birthday!!  

(So far as them having a sense of humor ... yep!   Seemingly insightful beyond what mere coincidence allows for.  :))

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 10:08 AM, WSA said:

I too was a little puzzled by Gigantor's observations about the OP.  He may feel the highest and best use of this Forum is to confirm the existence of the animal.  Me, I don't hold out any illusions about that...not gonna happen here. Instead, I do find the information traded to be very, very useful to help me come to an understanding of what, exactly, is going on.

I (eagerly) read Branco's post with this in mind.

So, he taught me something that could be useful. He taught me, "If you run across something in the woods that might look like this...look for this also, and here is a conclusion you might think about."  THAT is always going to get my attention, and I'm always looking for that kind of content here, from people with the field time to back it up.  More of that, I say.

IMO, Gigantor is expressing his own frustrations and disappointments (with his own research efforts) by venting in a sarcastic and demeaning manner to those that have actually had personal encounter(s).

It was the small apple tree in my yard, bearing semi-ripe fruit, that I think was the reason a juvenile bigfoot was in my yard and reacted to spot lights from a patrol car. Like you Branco my experience started with hearing vocalizations that with my 50 years of outdoor experience I could not identify. Since then, like you, I want to identify the culprit that made those sounds...I really would be relieved if it were a common animal. I have recorded wood banging and harassing of coyotes, deer, and small animals, some probably killed. It is cyclical activity, every month or so from late June to November, missing some months.  The tell tale sign being tree banging in the middle of the night, loud enough and close enough that it wakes up both me and my wife, no humans are present at these times. I even bolted into the area the wood knocks were coming from hoping to catch a glimpse in the very early morning when they woke me up. It is extremely frustrating to know they are doing this and yet not be able to gather enough evidence to prove it is one of them doing it, I need help to finally put my mind at ease, I need to find the prints...but between the cattail litter and the hardened ground surrounding my marsh that is a difficult proposition, any suggestions. I think they are dropping off a juvenile to my marsh and leaving him to hone his hunting skills, the activity is always after dark, and often in the 2am-5am slot. I never had my apple tree stripped, I think the juvenile is wary enough to limit his time anywhere out in the open, even at 3am, there are too many passer by cars on my street. They seem to stay in the marsh and adjoining tree line surrounding it. This is the kind of stuff I am talking about....this happened right after a siren sounded...no human is sitting around waiting for that and reacting like that....much of what I heard on several occasions gave me the impression of excitement.  The first ascending whoops I heard, though it was a child, were a reaction to late night fireworks, then a patrol car, and here a siren, it is like the thing knew the coyotes would react, or is that imitation at first trying to get them to react....hard to tell....

sirens coyotes tree knocks.mp3

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

Man! That recording is the kind that make a "fellers" mouth and eyes open wide in the woods at night. Coyotes,BF knocking, vocalizing, even sounds like two talking to each other and an owl adding its two cents worth. GOOD recording!

About every thing the Boogers do is "cyclical activity", glad you mentioned it. Give's me a chance to mention a few related things about the rascals. Here and in the other states in which I have spent a lot of time, I've found that:

1) When fish are spawning in early spring, especially in large lakes, they hang around the creek and river bottoms that feed the lakes and feed on the spawning fish coming upstream. This, like most of their foraging schedule, generally takes place between midnight and early dawn. They DO love fish!

2) When they are foraging around rural residences or remote camp sites, there "witching hour" seem to be 2:00 AM! It is amazing how often those things have approached my camp at that time of morning, and even more amazing how often others have reported encounters near that time of night. I really think that they deliberately wait until they hear people snoring in tents or campers, and maybe even homes as well, before they slip in to snoop around. The first big male that I saw, which walked up to the back of my pickup/camper shell, came in mumbling to himself at exactly 2:00 AM while I was snoring. When I stopped, he went into the stealth mode.

3) During really hot and dry whether, the family groups will ALWAYS be within 5 to 10 minutes walking distance of fresh water, and will make sure no human is going to come anywhere close to that spring while the family is using it. Been there, done that, but won't ever try it again.

4) When they bed up high during the spring and summer, unless they use an area of thick evergreen vegetation and have a good spring nearby, they will move down into the rough and remote ravines and hollows when the leaves fall. They likely don't care for the openness and visibility of the mountainsides.  

5) In areas with limestone layers, some of the animals are known to bed in limestone caves. Additionally, evidence has shown (and witnesses have observed) that they sometime bed in old coal drift mines. (Because some these horizontal mining shafts still have the required vertical vents to the surface - western Arkansas and northern Alabama being examples - these animals have been known to bed in those shafts because of the coolness and air currents within them.) 

6) I suppose every one who has tried to learn a little more about these critters by doing field work and speaking to rural area residents about "strange animal sounds" they may have heard. I'll bet that most of the residents who responded said something like, "Well yeah, I've heard panther's (mountain lion, cougar, catamount, etc) screaming loud and long, just like a women that was being killed or in great pain or distress." I don't know about other field workers, but I never try to tell them that cougar don't make those kinds of sounds, but I do try to get the time and location in which the sounds were heard. Usually the sound were heard in the early spring (when the new leaves are on the trees) or just after the first killing frost in late fall or early winter. In several locations in the Ouachita and Ozark mountains, especially in areas of development along the fringes of the NFs or the NR, but close to major rivers, there have been many reports from owners of newly built cabins who heard screams like those from women in pain or distress. When contacted, two of the owners of two new cabins stated they had no idea what made the sounds, and even more perplexed  that within hours the roofs and walls of their cabins were pelted with rocks.The events occurred within a few miles of a hollow that bears a map name of "Bigfoot Hollow". It's just a few miles from that hollow to one bears county signage of "Cat Holler Hollow".

All over the south and southeast, there are numerous creeks, hollows, ridges, hills and mountains that old timers gave the name of "Panther" this or that. Some, no doubt, were so named because residents had killed or seen "panthers" at the locations. There is also no doubt that some locations were so named because the older residents routinely heard the sounds of a woman screaming in great pain or distress coming from some of those areas. The fact is that when folks hear a long, loud scream that is human-like in all respects from the deep woods at night, and they can't really identify it, they will likely attribute to a some known animals they know exists. "Panthers" no doubt have got a lot of bum raps.

• Upvote 2

Branco, just got back from two weeks camping yesterday and saw this thread. Can't leave it until I say happy 82nd. Good job all of these years for the mounds of info that you have shared with everyone including the all important small details. Thank you, and please thank your associates as well whomever they may be

• Registration Desk unlocked this topic