Analytical Research - Sightings Database

BobbyO

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

My guess is it was a beaver, although a very large one, albino or very old.

Beavers do get grey hair.

The other theory I like is giant ground sloth, there are also tales from the same era and in also the mid west of white sloth like animals.

Even possible albino bear.

Edited by Cryptic Megafauna

CM -

Did it look at all like this?

150621AA_Frame10394.jpg

Just curious.

MIB

Guest OntarioSquatch

Some researchers can believe that Sasquatch exist in almost every state and province, yet when it comes to "urban" reports, they draw a line that they will never cross. Fortunately, there are BFRO ivestigators that are willing to look into such reports. I know that a lot of people would simply dismiss them and focus on what they think is a "remote" area (in the central and southern states :lol:).

Anyway, I think it's important to carefully read the descriptions that witnesses provide and try not to stretch it too much, even if it contradicts preconceived notions.

Edited by OntarioSquatch

Admin

The urban sightings fall in squarely in my territory and I always follow up on such sightings.

The problem is plausibility.

1) There are sighting reports where I live (DC suburbs) where the population density is 3000+ per square mile.

2) The other problem with these reports is one lack of habitat. Sure a BF could hide in the few creek beds of an urban setting. But the animal needs to feed, reproduce, shelter, etc and there just isn't enough space to do so.

In a lot of cases there is a seeming lack of the kind of details that were present in earlier reports. Also earlier reports were less likely to come in as "anonymous. The UFO crowd is rife with that sort of thing. Something is going on and I'll be danged if I can figure it out other than my gut says a lot of it simply is fabricated. By whom and for what purpose is unknown to me beyond maintaining a platform for bringing in money. I try not to become jaded over the matter and whil I think there are truthful reports of both aerial phenomenon and Bigfoot the high number of reports of each I find quite suspect. IDK, maybe I am jaded but IMHO there's just too much coming in on both fronts.

It is curious that there is an almost identical pattern that is being used by both paranormal groups that not only contain a lot of anonymous report sources but also a level of proprietary ownership of that data wuich shuts out the public beyond reading one report at a time. The public never gets to see everything but instead are kept in the dark as "carrots" are carefully dispersed that show little or nothing in the way of truth. And I do not see any changes in the future on these practices. Its the practices themselves that keep everyone on the hook so to speak. And those manipulations have meant billions to the two collective paranormal subjects. The old reports that I do trust because there are real  names at the source however are getting further back in years. Soon there will be no vetting possible at all.

I could sit at my computer and through proxy servers generate one Bigfoot repoty after another that was nothing but an utter lie, send them off as anonymous with a few blurry videos and they would go viral with no one the wiser until too late. And then there are those within our ranks that people have looked up to that have lied and gotten caught at it.There has to be a better way to gain a foothold on at least the Sasquatch stuff. Perhaps an all out search for a dead one by everyone who give a damn this coming Spring? The data for that is slowly getting organized and even though that data isn't geographically point specific it's better than nothing. Just my two rock lobbed into the camp here. Something has got to start making some sense real soon.  

At the risk of derailing this thread further there is something of not to back up what I'm alluding to. Several years ago I was part of a team that solved a UFO mystery that oddurred in the UK where an UFO collided with a small cargo aircraft. We solved the mystery in less than three days which PROVED it was not thoroughly investigated by a single UFO researcher on the entire planet. Most if not of the well known researchrs all had books out. In other words they were nearly all authors and also spoke at the international UFO conferences including MUFON's "famous" annual symposiums.

This mystery was perpetrated and perpetuated for 30 years! The reason? It was not in the researcher's' best interest to solve it as I'm sure some KNEW the true answer to the incident. I mean if a handful of amateur investigators could dig up the truth then the truth was there to be had by any experienced researcher. We were the only ones who had nothing to lose by exposing the sham. Now I'm not saying directly that the same thing is going on with Big foot but.......I have my suspicions. The answer then?  Get a group together that has nothing to lose by digging in hard for the truth. If  there is indeed a flesh and blood North American primate STILL running around then only a deep, very deep investigation will bring it to light.

If such a team can be pulled together then absolutely count me in :) It will be a long and arduous task but I think it must be done. And it needs to be dne before everything becomes privatized and therefore untouchable. FOIA's will be useless if that happens. The government already knows who we all are anyway so it's not like we'd be suddenly on the radar LOL.

Edited by hiflier

Guest OntarioSquatch

Scientists are used to working with data that can be verified through replication. They currently don't have a way to observe Sasquatch consistently enough to collect visual information that can be replicated to their satisfaction. In other words, the entity is currently too elusive for mainstream science from a visual perspective.

To use reports and evidence such as the Patterson film, the information needs to go through sophisticated analysis just to verify its authenticity. This is basically vetting the data through analysis instead of replication, and it's not something scientists in this day and age would spend time trying to do. 

This is a phenomenon that isn't observable enough for mainstream science, but is consistent enough for people to know that there is likely something to it. A type specimen can change this, but obtaining one is more difficult than almost anyone can imagine. 

If you go through reports, you'll notice there are almost no observations of dead Sasquatch. To give a rough estimate; you're thousands of times more likely to have a visual encounter with a live Sasquatch than come across a dead one. The odds of obtaining a specimen through known hunting methods are similarly low due to elusiveness, potential interference from other Sasquatch, and a potential government coverup.

While the incredibly slim possibility of obtaining a specimen still exists, the most likely way their existence will be widely accepted is through disclosure from a government. I'll say this: the US government knows they exist, and has collected physical evidence of them in the past. By now they must have learned what they are and also how the phenomenon originates.

The government no doubt knows a lot more than we do and that can go either way- real or not real.. But of course like with UFO's the government isn't talking. We are not privy to the BFRO's database. But no one hides data from the government.  That whole organization is an open book to authorities. It's just not an open book to the public. That's where I have problems with the whole thing. The Sasquatch subject is being played and we are being played as a result. At the head of the line? The BFRO. At the head of the line for UFO's? MUFON. The public is one of two things. It's either the hoaxee for economic gain or the truth is being held back for economic gain. Either way it is unethical. 

Of course going through reports won't find much about dead bodies but that's a sidetracking statement anyway. The reports could only at best show areas where dead ones eventually ended up. But then I think you know that. I'm getting the impression that you are not fully understanding what I'm saying. Or if you do, then I don't understand the need to diffuse the issue. We have a serious problem here and it isn't going away. Too many people stand to benefit by maintaining the current status quo. Bigfoot and UFO buff cite the exact same reasons for why there is no disclosure: Social, economic, religious, anthropological, yada, yada, yada, upheavals. Oh the government is preparing us poor stupid citizens for disclosure to reduce the shock. If this wasn't a public Forum I would give my unequivocal opinion on that tripe.   

Guest Cryptic Megafauna
3 hours ago, gigantor said:

The urban sightings fall in squarely in my territory and I always follow up on such sightings.

The problem is plausibility.

1) There are sighting reports where I live (DC suburbs) where the population density is 3000+ per square mile.

2) The other problem with these reports is one lack of habitat. Sure a BF could hide in the few creek beds of an urban setting. But the animal needs to feed, reproduce, shelter, etc and there just isn't enough space to do so.

An illustrative scenario that you can play if you substitute the word "gorilla" for "Bigfoot".

Imagine, if you will, a population of 800 pound gorillas that are sneaking around in Seattle, D.C., or other large cities with no natural features other than isolated parks separated by canyons of skyscrapers and large building,  industrial parks, business area, and malls, blocks of housing, a grid of busy thoroughfares, etc,

So where is the 800 pound gorilla hiding? what does it eat and drink, how does it travel, does it take the trains tracks or the freeway.

I guess you need portals and invisibility to solve the logic flaws in this scenario.

The irony is that there are 800 pound gorillas in these cities, and you may have been thinking I was saying there weren't.

Admin
2 hours ago, Cryptic Megafauna said:

An illustrative scenario that you can play if you substitute the word "gorilla" for "Bigfoot".

The irony is that there are 800 pound gorillas in these cities, and you may have been thinking I was saying there weren't.

Huh?

Oh, you mean, in the zoo?

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

gigantor

A non cryptic primate suitable for incarceration.

But perhaps Bigfoot is just a Gorilla that evolved to walk upright?:huh:

If that is true then the split favoring bipedalism from the Gorilla line occurred before the split between the Great Ape line and Humans or after the split? If so then the Sasquatch would be more Gorilla than Human? In fact your scenario says ALL Gorilla but with bipedal advantages? That would of course mean that Humans, Gorillas, and Sasquatch came from the same common ancestor? Sorry for all of the questions. It just that it's easy to make a statement like yours but it does leave several avenues to pursue for clarity.   

I lived in Columbus, OH about 8 miles from the 2 sightings during that timeframe.  Both sightings are very close to the Olentangy River.  A fairly wide river 50-80 feet but in general shallow at only 2-3 feet mostly.  I used to wade the stream and fish it.  The bottom /southern sighting is at Atrim Lake.  This is a park just East of a highway 315.  There is a walking/bike trail that goes all around the lake and quite a few miles North and South of the park all the way into OSU campus area which the Olentangy River also runs through and continues through downtown Columbus.  The River runs just East of the lake.  The Northern sighting is also near the same river.  315 turns into Old Olentangy Rd and is an awesome drive which follows along the river for many miles is tree lined with nice houses in the area.  To the West maybe 5 miles from the Olentangy River is a major waterway the mighty Sciota River.  This is a very wide deeper river. 

I would say IF the sighting are real, then the Sas was probably traveling from the North and using the river as a travel cooridor to go South but probably did not continue through downtown and probably would have turned around.  There is definitely ample cover on both sides of the river until you basically reach campus.  There are a few of parks north of campus till you get to Old Olentangy Rd area and I know quite a bit of wildlife (deer, raccoons, possums, rabbits, etc) as I have seen them many times while fishing or mountain biking the trails.

Hey Bobby O, are there any regional patterns to pebble/rock tossing to be found in the database?

Another path of inquiry revolves around regional diversity or specificity of vocalizations. Are there any data trends that might indicate linguistic groups or populations existing that are distinct from their "neighbours"?

I realize such might be due merely to variances of what's been heard or reported within a given area rather than the result of what's actually occurring or differentiation of populations, but it might prove interesting should a pattern be discovered. Maybe only one form utilizes the samurai chatter, and by charting the reported instances of it, it's distribution and range might be better discerned.  Just a thought...Thanks!