This Monster Can Not Be Stopped

Guest Silent Sam

I have to admit that does happen. Case in point, last night I was on my deck at 10:30pm. All of a sudden this bright flash of light illuminates a tree to my right about 30 feet from me. The side of the building cut my view off from the source so I quickly speed dial my brother to look out and see who has a flashlight walking around in the back of our building. He sees nothing, whoever it was couldn't have walked around the building as fast as I got my brother to peer outside his door.

So here we go, what is it? Is it ball lightening, plasma, will o'the wisp, something related to the amoeba? God forbid there really is something like a fairy portal I just got through reading about in the new Sookie Stackhouse book because I am not a big fan of having to deal with the paranormal in reality. It's only OK to read about it in books.

So we are getting our own flash lights out to look, we don't see anything. Then the neighbor comes out onto his deck with his super high beamed flashlight and it was him trying to spot light the deer from his deck. He had left corn out for them......I just told him I thought we had an intruder, I felt so silly. This just shows me I need to put more faith in the normal than I have been lately. :lol:

Guest shelley7950

You're clearly not one of those "haunted people"---good for you :)

The temptation to ascribe paranormal explanations to every day events is really strong--who WOULDN'T want a fairy portal on the patio, a chain-smoking bigfoot behind the garage and a UFO hovering over the swingset??? Well, maybe a few people wouldn't, but I bet they're not on this forum...

Guest vilnoori

What are you studying, people's beliefs, or bigfoot? The answer is obviously no, because to people who believe in the paranormal (most of us probably), these could ALL be present in our world though not necessarily in the same location:

1. lower order bigfoots (gigantopithecus or meganthropus or both)

2. higher order sasquatches anywhere along a sliding scale of cultural behaviour such as smoking (Homo erectus or other formerly thought extinct Homo species/unknown Homo species and their lineages)

3. Ghosts of the above

4. Alien genetically altered/controlled samples of the first two (OK, this posits belief in aliens but a fair amount of believers do, so why not, and have you ever read Thom Powell's book)

5. Shape-shifter shamans taking the outer form of the first two using spirit guide helpers, but only temporarily

6. Nephilim, that is, angel/alien-human hybrids that have always been present but have laid low, and have possibly lost their cultural knowledge, existing in pockets around the world, waiting for the end time events

7. Human hybrids with the first two

8. Evolved feral humans

9. Ghosts of the last 4 as well. Or think rather of time-continuum shifts in dimensions I guess, given the repetitive nature of some ghost reports.

10. Hoaxes of all of the above. After all, just because a hoax is possible, and has been done, does not eliminate the possibility of all of the above for people with open minds.

11. Sightings of animals, even apes, which are mistaken for one of the above. These too can be possible along with any of the above. I'll throw in stumps, and other pareidolia.

And I too think that infrasound capability is possible for numbers 1 & 2 because I have heard one, and they have a lot of resonance. If the Sierra Growl is a sample, and I believe the upper register sound to be a squeal and not a whistle, their lung capacity and range of sound is phenomenal.

Basically we have to not only think about what is possible, but what is probable. What is most probable. Like Jodie's example of the neighbor with the flashlight. But what people believe will always range widely, especially given their particular upbringing and cultural background.

Edited by vilnoori

No, no Sasfooty, you missed my point...I don't deny that animals are capable of traveling long distance over unknown terrain (although I need to point out that sasquatches are not domestic cats and are not "owned" by the property owner), rather I meant (and please don't take this personally--I don't know you and haven't had your experiences) that there is a certain group of people that interpret completely neutral environmental cues as the presence of sasquatch, so wherever they go, the sasquatches will be with them---in other words, they are the source of the squatch, not the environment...

You don't need to point out that sasquatches aren't "owned" by the property owner to me, of all people. They come & go as they please, & wherever they are, it's because they want to be there. They get attached to "their" people, & whether or not it's "believable" makes absolutely no difference.

I have a friend that moved from the country to the edge of town, & his group continued to visit him at his new place every night. They didn't "move" there, because they didn't need to. They didn't "live" at his other place, and mine don't live here. I have often wondered if they have any certain place where they "live".

Sasquatch live in our heads. :blob:

RayG

I saw some tracks one time Ray that do not live in my head. They were as real as the desk this keyboard is sitting on. It was impossible to hoax them as they were in very deep snow and remote. I've looked at varying tracks from other known animals and they do not match.

So what were they?

Guest RayG

Were these tracks crisp, exceptionally clear, and detailed, like the ones Doug Hajicek found in the early 90's?

If not, your guess is as good as mine.

RayG

• 6 years later...
On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2011 at 8:35 PM, Guest BitterMonk said:

In the spirit of hypotheticals I pose a simple question. Can the paranormal sasquatch be killed by the discovery of a normal sasquatch? By normal I mean an organism conforming to the known laws of biology as we understand them today. No infrasound. No shifting in and out of dimensions. No telepathy. No swiping smokes. No singing songs. Just a run of the mill primate.

If such an animal were discovered would people espousing a paranormal entity refuse to accept the results? Would they proclaim a separate, as yet still undiscovered source for all their claimed phenomenon, or would they throw in the towel?

One.Would.Hope. (the towel part.)  I think Incorrigible1 would probably stick to his paranormal chops to the bitter end, though.  I thought we'd done with his spiritual-saucer-pilot thesis.  But guess not. Then there's Starling and his Greys thing, and dmaker thinking They Are The Breath Of Mithra, and I don't even know what that freaking *means.* Plus, no fossils, and as they keep telling us, if there are no fossils of you...*you don't exist.*

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2011 at 8:53 PM, Guest Sean V said:

I imagine that they would just change the meaning of what a paranormal Sasquatch was.

If a (once) living & breathing creature was brought in they would say that the creature they are searching for is some sort of spirit/entity, dimension shifting alien, or other non-corporeal being. I ran into paranormal researcher years back who believed that the Sasquatch was a "primal spirit", made up of the energies of long-dead humans & animals and that it could not be caught or killed by anyone. He stated that he would never accept that it was an F&B creature, even if a dead one was shown to him.

That researcher is on my Ignore list like many others here.  We talked one night.  But it was *bad* tequila.

Edited by DWA

Quite the opposite conclusion for me.   I would hope people who espouse the existence of a paranormal sasquatch would NOT throw in the towel if a "normal" one were found.   The reports exist with some consistency.   Discarding that report data just because much of the rest were explained is as wrong-headed as discarding sasquatch data because sasquatch hadn't been found.   Discarding that data is an act of BELIEF, not an act of SCIENCE.   The reports should be examined an an explanation pursued with the same dogged determination with which we pursue the F&B sasquatch.    Good science requires it.

MIB

• Upvote 2

I guess what I am talking about is rejecting a find because it doesn't come with *all* the parts one requires.

As someone who has said that you violate science by saying unicorns aren't real, I'm totally OK with people researching what they want to research.  Just accept what gets found, and keep looking for what wasn't attached to the find if that floats your boat.

1 hour ago, DWA said:

and dmaker thinking They Are The Breath Of Mithra,

?? What the heck are you talking about? I have never proposed a paranormal explanation for bigfoot. I don't even think bigfoot exists. 

On 5/25/2011 at 11:47 AM, Guest said:

I have to admit that does happen. Case in point, last night I was on my deck at 10:30pm. All of a sudden this bright flash of light illuminates a tree to my right about 30 feet from me. The side of the building cut my view off from the source so I quickly speed dial my brother to look out and see who has a flashlight walking around in the back of our building. He sees nothing, whoever it was couldn't have walked around the building as fast as I got my brother to peer outside his door.

So here we go, what is it? Is it ball lightening, plasma, will o'the wisp, something related to the amoeba? God forbid there really is something like a fairy portal I just got through reading about in the new Sookie Stackhouse book because I am not a big fan of having to deal with the paranormal in reality. It's only OK to read about it in books.

So we are getting our own flash lights out to look, we don't see anything. Then the neighbor comes out onto his deck with his super high beamed flashlight and it was him trying to spot light the deer from his deck. He had left corn out for them......I just told him I thought we had an intruder, I felt so silly. This just shows me I need to put more faith in the normal than I have been lately. :lol:

After carefully considering these small flashes of light or small balls of glow that pop on and off in the middle of nowhere - I've come to the conclusion that some fairies are just clowning around and lighting their farts.

FarArcher, you made me spit my rum'n'coke all over the monitor. That just really tickled my funny bone!

14 hours ago, BC witness said:

FarArcher, you made me spit my rum'n'coke all over the monitor. That just really tickled my funny bone!

Sorry about that - wasting rum - that is.

• masterbarber locked and unlocked this topic
  • masterbarber locked this topic