Protecting Yourself From Bigfoot

Stop, drop, and roll? Oh no, nevermind, that's fire. :)

I don't think there is anything you can really do if unarmed except surrender to the moment. Maybe he/she won't pick you up and run off with you. If bigfoot kidnaps you, I guess go to Plan B. My Plan B entails leaving some kind of spit trail as he has me slung over his shoulder so the tracking dogs can find me, or my remains.

Jodie,

:lol: That was to **** funny !!! ha ! ha ! :lol: Spit trail ! Thanks for the good ol' belly laugh, that was indeed...a good one ! :)

Pat...

Edited by PBeaton

Actually, that was my Plan B for any kind of kidnapping back when I was younger, cuter, and much more likely to be abducted. :)

Spitting, kidnapping.........

Why Jodie, I didn't know you where that kind of a girl. :wub:

The first rule is to always go with a companion, but make sure it's someone you're not too fond of.

Second rule is to convince your research partner that the terrain is super rough and insist that they wear steel capped/toed boots, you wear runners...

I hope that helped :)

Cheers,

Kraig

P.S. I think I've figured out why nobody wants to come with me anymore :unsure:

Actually, that was my Plan B for any kind of kidnapping back when I was younger, cuter, and much more likely to be abducted. :)

My plan A was to just freak out screaming FIRE! FIRE! FIRE! OH MY GOD IT'S BURNING!

I always thought that would bring out some help more than just yelling for help would. :(

And punch for the groin. Gouge for the eyes. Vomit. Whatever feels right at the time.....

But that's for humans. :angry:

For the big guy I would probably just try to talk in a low non threatening tone of voice and introduce myself and blah blah blah a bit and try to back on out of there in the meekest way I could. NO eye contact! NO pictures!

I'm 5'2". And a girl. I got a chance of pulling it off..... :P

Guest BFSleuth

under what circumstances?

This topic has come up before a few times. Anyways in brief just back away & l use a bright (LED) flashlight. Shooting at them can open up a whole new can of beans. ohmy.gif

JMO tracker, dry.gif

Well put.

Reports I've read that included firing a gun at a bigfoot seem to also have a high correlation of extremely aggressive behavior by bigfoot (or bigfeet). Death of hunting dogs and worse.

Tracker is more in tune with what to do in night sightings, use a bright light, that reportedly stops them.

Stay calm and hold your ground and don't show any kind of aggression. That will help with any large animal encounter.

I've spent a LOT of time in PNW backcountry. Never felt a need to carry a firearm.

It's far better to talk to the animals, literally. Like you would a large territorial dog that you are just getting to know, real calm and quiet.

Who knows? Maybe you could open a conversation or at least attempt to be the first Bigfoot Whisperer. :rolleyes:

Guest Po Commander

Well, protecting yourself from bears and protecting yourself from Bigfoot are two completely different things. I usually carry a heavy duty shank and Glock to protect myself from bears. I don't carry anything to protect myself from Bigfoot, because I never see him... in other words, when it comes to Bigfoot, what is there to protect myself from?

under what circumstances?

This topic has come up before a few times. Anyways in brief just back away & l use a bright (LED) flashlight. Shooting at them can open up a whole new can of beans. ohmy.gif

JMO tracker, dry.gif

Once again I find myself on the same page as Tracker.

I won't approach shooting as it is my experience that few problems cannot be solved by a suitable application of firepower. Having access to, being mentally prepared, and being able to apply the necessary firepower is the rub...

What Tracker said about the LED light got me to thinking about the strobing tactical lights we use on our duty Glocks. You cannot understand how disorienting these things are until you are on the recieving end in the dark. It can be so bad it produces severe headache & nausea in just a few moments. About all a bad guy can do is sut his eyes & give up or run.

Makes me wonder if a powrful strobing light night not be an effective deterrent out in the bush against larged haired over intruders of both the 2 & 4 legged type?

Well, protecting yourself from bears and protecting yourself from Bigfoot are two completely different things. I usually carry a heavy duty shank and Glock to protect myself from bears. I don't carry anything to protect myself from Bigfoot, because I never see him... in other words, when it comes to Bigfoot, what is there to protect myself from?

Po Commander,

"A heavy duty SHANK" :whistle: I know what a shank is, just thought the screws woulda kept somethin' like that. :D

Better to have an not need...than to need an not have.

Pat...

Guest NightScream

Is there really any way to defend yourself against an 800 pound muscular ape if it wants to harm you?

nah I got that beat nm, here's the ultra in defensive weapons against nasty Bigfoots or Aliens smile.gif

predator-gatling-gun_480x360.jpg

here's a link of it in action.

I'll let you pack it.......... <_<

Guest tracker

I'll let you pack it.......... <_<

I am sure we can figure out a way to mount it on one of your mules. Maybe I'll bring a C3 ever one seen one before?

53.jpg

• masterbarber locked and unlocked this topic
  • masterbarber locked this topic