The Sasquatch In British Columbia

steenburg

Guest Kerchak

I don't really buy bigfoot books anymore but seeing as I've got Tom Steenberg's other books in my library I think this new one coming out would be a nice addition to have. I remember the days when books were my primary source for bigfoot. Now with the internet, not so.

Edited by Kerchak

Mr. Steenburg,

Will there be a way to order the new book AND have you autograph it?

Thanks,

Shawn

When it comes out hopefully later this fall? You can order it through Hancock House Publishers. I will be happy to sign it for you. So would Chris.

Thomas Steenburg

Howdy Mr Steenburg,

I'm interested in the same thing as ^Surveyor. Can we order it and have it autographed? Just asking, because I've thoroughly enjoyed In Search of Giants and S:B The Continuing Mystery. In fact I'm getting ready to re-read them again. Is there a precise date of when it will be available?

No Precise date yet. We were hoping for this fall, but that is really up to Hancock House. Chris and I are pushing for all the photos to be in colour but that is creating some cost concerns.

Thomas Steenburg

I just found out the Hancock house has agreed to do all the photos and diagrams in color. That is all photos that weren't black and white to begin with. Some old historical stuff in there. Chris had a meeting with David Hancock today and he agreed that all colour is best. I am happy to hear that. Satellite images of sighting locations do loose something when done in grey scale.

Thomas Steenburg

Very much excited for this to come out. Bigfoot books is what originally got me into the Sasquatch, But it always fascinates me even more so to read about stories from my area, very excited for the BC specific book you guys have done up Tom.

• 2 months later...

Just found out that Hancock House Publishers is planing on releasing our new book in may of 2012. It will coincide with a new Sasquatch exhibit which will be held at the Historic Yale town Museum in the town of Yale British Columbia form May 2012 to January 2013. Both Chris Murphy and I were at the museum last Wednesday, (Oct 19 ) going over details for the display with a charming lady named Debra who manages the place for the B.C. tourism board. Yale town is located on the trans Canada highway in the Fraser valley north of Hope. Is well known in the Sasquatch community for its association with one of the Classic stores, the capture of Jacko in 1884.

Thomas Steenburg

Just found out that Hancock House Publishers is planing on releasing our new book in may of 2012. It will coincide with a new Sasquatch exhibit which will be held at the Historic Yale town Museum in the town of Yale British Columbia form May 2012 to January 2013. Both Chris Murphy and I were at the museum last Wednesday, (Oct 19 ) going over details for the display with a charming lady named Debra who manages the place for the B.C. tourism board. Yale town is located on the trans Canada highway in the Fraser valley north of Hope. Is well known in the Sasquatch community for its association with one of the Classic stores, the capture of Jacko in 1884.

Thomas Steenburg

Thomas,

Lookin' forward to the read. All the best!

Pat...

• 2 weeks later...

Have been informed that Hancock house plans to release the book May 12 2012. Hopefully there wont be any more delays.

Thomas Steenburg

I sincerely hope the publishing company looks to create an e-book version of it as well. e-book versions are definitely the future regarding how books will be distributed and consumed in the near future. Printing on paper will be a thing of the past soon. As printing and distributing costs of a physical book go's up, the cost to produce an electronic version of any book is and will always be far less expensive, This aspect will play widely especially when the publishing company speculating the number of copies to be sold may be much lesser than some big time, ie. Tom Clancy book on the NY best sellers list. The lesser the number of copies estimated to be sold, the higher the price the book will be sold at in order to re-coop the cost to produce a physical book. With an e-book version of the book, you manufacture one copy, to then be downloadable directly via the reader-device/customers. This is exactly how Apple - iTunes saved a defunct music industry from bankruptcy. To buy a music album on CD today is gone, gone, gone..

Guest KentuckyApeman

Mr. Steenburg, I am looking forward to the release date. For me, one of the more interesting aspects of BF history are the older accounts, which predate our modern media. These events cannot be dismissed as being influenced by the media, mass hysteria, hoaxs, etc.

I've often wondered how many of the early settlers or trappers encountered a BF, yet had no idea what they saw, as many had never even seen a drawing of a chimp or gorilla. Must have been perplexing.

Edited by KentuckyApeman

Have been informed that Hancock house plans to release the book May 12 2012. Hopefully there wont be any more delays.

Thomas Steenburg

I do hope that they do an e-book version as well.

More researchers are taking laptops/netbooks/tablets with them, and they have become everyday tools.

I rarely read hardcopy nowadays

• 5 weeks later...

post-523-056906900 1323066230_thumb.jpg

This is a just released poster for the exhibit in Yale next summer. New book will be released at its opening. If anyone plans to be in British Columbia next summer come check it out.

Thomas Steenburg