what is a "scientist" ?

MIB

I am going to continue with my nonsense that he is uninformed about bigfoot. 

if the evidence tells you they aren't real...you are looking at the wrong evidence, and that is called "uninformed" in the Ozarks, where I don't come from.  As well as in the place I do.

On 6/8/2017 at 1:53 PM, Martin said:

Big talkers are even more common than skeptics and much easier to pick out in a crowd. At least Habituators have blurry photos of shadows.

Big talkers use tall tales to make up for short comings in real life. 

When one speaks disparagingly of events some would consider "big talk," without exception, those speakers who may be offended, are small-minded dullards who lack the many experiences of those who have habitually taken big risks.

I try to give perspective through my narratives - and whether or not my instructs/concepts are actually workable - I can give an example.  I wrote a book when we weren't doing very well militarily in Afghanistan, and were still hunting the many Iraqi senior leaders.  Oddly, sold a lot of copies in Washington, DC.

This part is a bit complicated - possibly difficult to understand - but for you - it's OK.

One concept/practice I discussed repeatedly was the necessity of a combat hunter mindset, as opposed to the traditional patrol/advance practices.  Within a few months of the book's release - a Marine General took it up and initiated the Marine Corps Combat Hunter Training Program.  Per the Marine Corps, it's saved a lot of Marine lives and made them much more effective in combat.

That's no big talk - that's just fact.  But the hilarious part?  That Marine General?  You'll never guess who is is today.

Martin, Paratroopers, with their distinct uniform, the Airborne Tab, bloused jump boots, distinct cap and jump wings - pissed off non-Paratroopers, who by comparison, looked might plain.

Rangers, also Airborne, pissed off regular troops and Paratroopers - as once again, there were marked distinctions that denoted their excellence.

Special Forces pissed off regular troops, Paratroopers, and even some Rangers, as they were even more marked for distinction - that beret was hard to miss.

So I understand your anguish, your desire to minimize everything about me, as you probably didn't even serve in a water purification unit.  And if you did, I can only imagine the hair-raising stories you could tell of the water purification adventures.

Edited by FarArcher
  • Upvote 1

On June 8, 2017 at 6:12 PM, Yuchi1 said:
On June 7, 2017 at 0:43 AM, Incorrigible1 said:

Chicken rancher talked a big game, too. LT, how ya doin'?

You have proof FA is LT? Evidence?

Wow, I haven’t laughed that hard in a long time; thanks for that, Incorrigible. I’ve blocked you, so I wouldn't have seen what you’d written if it hadn’t been for Yuchi1’s response – so thanks to Yuchi1, also!!!!!

As far as I know, Far Archer thinks it would be okay to kill a Bigfoot, and I do not. Every post I write – excepting the occasional shout-out to someone -- is intended either to help someone turn their recurring encounters into a relationship, or to point out to the monster-lovers that Bigfoot is just a big Rorschach test, and that anyone who sees a “monster” in a Bigfoot is revealing to the world the monster inside THEM. 

Far Archer talks a lot about military matters and scientific things, neither of which I know anything about.

So yeah, except for those things, we’re identical!

Far Archer, I do want to say that I really admire your intelligence, your courage, and your integrity. Our hairy brethren love all those things, and if you become interested in engaging them as an equal who means them no harm, I have no doubt you’ll start to have experiences that way surpass the ones you’ve had so far, as amazing as those have been. And they have been amazing, and I’ve loved reading about them. (And if you’ve already started to go that route, my apologies; I don’t keep up with this forum in the way I used to.)

And hello to Yuchi1. It’s always good to see you here!!!!! I always feel more encouraged and more hopeful when I see a new post from you. Oh, and same to DWA, JDL, and Branco! 

• Upvote 3

On 6/10/2017 at 10:46 PM, LeafTalker said:

Wow, I haven’t laughed that hard in a long time; thanks for that, Incorrigible. I’ve blocked you, so I wouldn't have seen what you’d written if it hadn’t been for Yuchi1’s response – so thanks to Yuchi1, also!!!!!

As far as I know, Far Archer thinks it would be okay to kill a Bigfoot, and I do not. Every post I write – excepting the occasional shout-out to someone -- is intended either to help someone turn their recurring encounters into a relationship, or to point out to the monster-lovers that Bigfoot is just a big Rorschach test, and that anyone who sees a “monster” in a Bigfoot is revealing to the world the monster inside THEM. 

Far Archer talks a lot about military matters and scientific things, neither of which I know anything about.

So yeah, except for those things, we’re identical!

Far Archer, I do want to say that I really admire your intelligence, your courage, and your integrity. Our hairy brethren love all those things, and if you become interested in engaging them as an equal who means them no harm, I have no doubt you’ll start to have experiences that way surpass the ones you’ve had so far, as amazing as those have been. And they have been amazing, and I’ve loved reading about them. (And if you’ve already started to go that route, my apologies; I don’t keep up with this forum in the way I used to.)

And hello to Yuchi1. It’s always good to see you here!!!!! I always feel more encouraged and more hopeful when I see a new post from you. Oh, and same to DWA, JDL, and Branco! 

Branco and Yuchi almost have me thinking the killing one might not be a good idea, and they haven't even tried to get me to change my mind.  Both men have very, very good reasons.  You gotta admit - they're huge and butt ugly.  (BF - not Branco and Yuchi)

Like you, DWA, and JDL are good guys too, and a few others here.

I don't know what to say to some, though.  When they say "these big things couldn't continue to hide," I know better.  If I were a plumber, I'd try to relate through my plumbing experience. If I were a CPA, I'd try to use numbers.  If I were a tire store manager - that would be my experience, and I'd try to address some questions that maybe could be demonstrated through those experiences.

But my experience has been in combat, in very thick, harsh terrain that normal people wouldn't go.  My enemy were in difficult, remote areas for a reason - they didn't want to be detected.

I think they're like, "I never saw one, and since I didn't get to see one - I'll belittle them, their narrative, their knowledge, and suggest they're FOS.  And denied that experience of a real, up close 'encounter,' they're like kids who didn't get to see the big football game everyone that went - is talking about.

So.  You keeping it real?  Still got your freak on?

• Upvote 3

What is it with folks that have blocked a poster and the absolute need to publicly proclaim they've blocked them? Gee, I'll try to sleep tonite, knowing Leafy has blocked me. It's comical.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, FarArcher said:

I don't know what to say to some, though.  When they say "these big things couldn't continue to hide," I know better.  If I were a plumber, I'd try to relate through my plumbing experience. If I were a CPA, I'd try to use numbers.  If I were a tire store manager - that would be my experience, and I'd try to address some questions that maybe could be demonstrated through those experiences.

I'd never seen it put that way before, but yeah.  MY LIFE EXPERIENCE! tells me how there could be more of these things in Oklahoma than people and we wouldn't know about it.  The power of denial is apparently not at all evident to people in denial.  Never mind the power of 2000 whitetail deer in your neighborhood to convince you, beyond doubt, that there are ten.  Maybe.

I'm not saying there are some unenlightened folks here, but there are.  There's a few I'd have no trouble unplugging their life support to charge my phone.

HAHA!  You keep this up, bub, and you are gonna get memorialized in my signature sooner or later, just watch.

I think they're like, "I never saw one, and since I didn't get to see one - I'll belittle them, their narrative, their knowledge, and suggest they're FOS.  And denied that experience of a real, up close 'encounter,' they're like kids who didn't get to see the big football game everyone that went - is talking about.

Both the sheer stoneheadedness of bigfoot skepticism and its unrelenting nastiness are rather interesting to watch.  And no kidding, that left-outedness.  Which may account for the nastiness.  And the laziness.  That.  Interesting to watch.  Not so much anymore, Ignore List, but yeah.

I'll answer for me.  BIG TIME.  :ph34r::lol:

Edited by DWA

14 hours ago, FarArcher said:

Branco and Yuchi almost have me thinking the killing one might not be a good idea, and they haven't even tried to get me to change my mind.  Both men have very, very good reasons.  You gotta admit - they're huge and butt ugly.  (BF - not Branco and Yuchi)

-- Yes, yes, they do. Branco and Yuchi have very, very good reasons for saying what they say.... (Love your second “very”…..) I'm beyond thrilled to hear that your perspective is changing here (not that my being thrilled has anything to do with anything -- but I am, anyway).

Like you, DWA, and JDL are good guys too, and a few others here.

But my experience has been in combat, in very thick, harsh terrain that normal people wouldn't go.  My enemy were in difficult, remote areas for a reason - they didn't want to be detected.

-- Your recognition that many of us filter information through our own unique, day-to-day experiences, and your implied willingness to find the metaphors and descriptors that would make YOUR experience make sense to someone with one of those very specialized filters, is just: Wow. There is so much respect there…. That you rely on this to get your point across, instead of on intimidation, as the Loyal Opposition does, is something that I and many others are verrrry thankful for.

And it’s soooo ironic, isn’t it, that your physical circumstances happen to be the ones that would actually be the ones MOST likely to yield information about the BF – and people still resist the information you bring us. You’re NOT a tire store manager, locked in a shop most of your life. You are out there where the BF are! (Or where they are much of the time, anyway.) It doesn’t get any better than that. It’s a puzzle, why people cling to fear and confusion so fiercely, in the face of such excellent reporting on what’s happening out there…. I guess I do the same thing (cling to fear) in other areas of my life. I just don’t do it here, for some reason – and I am grateful every day for this one place where I can contemplate wonder and mystery, and derive joy and COMFORT from it, instead of recoiling from it, as so many seem to do. 

I'm not saying there are some unenlightened folks here, but there are.  There's a few I'd have no trouble unplugging their life support to charge my phone.

-- I'm with DWA here. This is HYSTERICAL. You are a funny person. I may use this, too, someday (or many days). 

-- I think it’s that, and I think it’s also the paid disinformation agents who create a lot of noise on the line… I used to think they (the paid disinfo agents) were the real problem – but I’m finally realizing that even they are not a “problem”. The truth will out. Our insides know. We just have to make the decision to let ourselves know what we know. And that’s obviously a very personal decision. Government, industry – nobody really has power over us. The sooner we realize this, the better.

And again, making a personal decision that bucks the system is not something I’m good at doing in other areas of my life. But here, it’s been easy. Like many other people, I trust what actually happened to me more than I trust the official statement of some representative of some huge organization, public OR private, that wasn’t standing there WITH me, experiencing what I was experiencing.

But watching the virulence of the Opposition has been very instructive. If the people who are running our lives and making the rules don’t “understand” (I’m trying to be charitable here) THIS phenomenon, what ELSE do they not understand, but presume to make rules (and rulings) about???? More and more, we learn that we must be our own internal sovereign, or own internal authority. There is no other boss here. It is only you. 

-- TRYING to keep it real. Still slip a lot, though, in spite of my best efforts.... Changed jobs recently, and now have more time to go out to the woods again, where I’m pretty much guaranteed to have some interaction with the forest guys. (I have it in my “regular” life, too, in my house and at work, but it’s always an unexpected thing… If I’m in the woods, it’s much easier to elicit a response from them, especially if I stay the night, which I’ve been able to do twice in the last two weeks – woohoo!!!)

But to be honest, my interest is starting to wane a little… I have learned that BF is only a little piece of the Unseen in our world, and I’m spending more time redrawing my map to include these “new” things… I cherish the individual relationships I have with individual ‘foots as much as ever, but some of the novelty of it all has worn off. And this is a good place to be. To see the people/beings we share the planet with as being, well, normal – this is good. This is how it should be. Our shock can have awful, unintended consequences. I want to tip my hat to the sweet unknown (and known) around me and go on my way.

And maybe learn ways to be more effective in the spreading of the news that everything is all right. I would like to get better at that. 

I think that’s it! I think you’re all caught up! Thanks for asking, and thanks for doing the lovely work you do here. Many more than you might realize notice and appreciate that work. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Incorrigible1 said:

What is it with folks that have blocked a poster and the absolute need to publicly proclaim they've blocked them? Gee, I'll try to sleep tonite, knowing Leafy has blocked me. It's comical.

Still waiting on the evidence/proof FA is LT..........

::puffs chest:: I don't hafta provide any evidence to you::

See how that works? ;-)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Yuchi1 said:

Still waiting on the evidence/proof FA is LT..........

Just to clarify, I think Inc wars referring to LongTabber, not LeafTalker with the LT reference.  Carry on-

37 minutes ago, 1980squatch said:

Just to clarify, I think Inc wars referring to LongTabber, not LeafTalker with the LT reference.  Carry on-

My reference was clear as Incompetent1 made the chicken farmer inference against FA which has no correlation to Leaf Talker, whatsoever.

1 hour ago, Incorrigible1 said:

::puffs chest:: I don't hafta provide any evidence to you::

See how that works? ;-)

In other words, you spoke from the orifice that faces downward on the porcelain throne.