Expedition Mungo

AtlantiS

I did.   I think it's "Josh Gates / Expedition Unknown" meets River Monsters.   Build up build up build up build up ... 55 minutes of build up (minus commercials, of course), then 5 minutes of explanation of why they nothing (minus commercials, of course) and a promise to return to look further into the nothing they got someday in the future.   Likely I will watch another couple episodes as they come out in case my initial impression is too harsh, but so far ... bleh.  

I'm afraid the formula is getting a bit worn.

MIB 

Admin

You guys do realize that all these show fail in the end, right?

Otherwise, they'd stop doing the show and present their successful findings to the world.

BFF Patron

Even the name reminds me of Mongo that was a character in Blazing Saddles.   Perhaps that is the intelligence level that is targeted?  

• Upvote 1

@Gigantor....

Yeah all these shows fail...and not only the shows, also the youtube clips and most forums aswell..lol

Edited by AtlantiS

Wellll...

Part 2..

wowwww....

Same formula..

Lol....

One day he goes back again....

So I guess the last show we will see all the footage of the creatures from the shows episodes...

Personally, I like the show.  Since I do not have the resources to research exotic places or have even heard of many of these cryptos it is fun to watch and maybe learn from others experiences.

And of course they will not find anything definitive, or the show would be not about the hunt/search but what the actual find was.

These shows are for entertainment, so enjoy them for what they are, or watch something else.

I  very much enjoy all the shows mentioned  here. It is good tv with great locations . Of course not going to be solved . Just like bigfoot . Not going to prove what does not exist. I would think people that frequent  forums like this would understand that and enjoy the shows.

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin

On 6/9/2017 at 11:30 AM, zman1967 said:

These shows are for entertainment, so enjoy them for what they are, or watch something else.

Agree.   I choose option #2.    I don't know how many more breaths or heartbeats I will have, maybe only 40 years, so I'm not wasting them on this: even a nap is more constructive.

MIB

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

Mountain monsters is too much drama, has to be better than that.   Hahahaha

The first one I saw was the "Dog Headed Pig Monster" from Namibia. I wasn't expecting them to find the title critter, but enjoyed learning about the honey badger and brown hyena, neither of which I had heard of. They conducted some reasonable investigation and determined that the 16 year old boy, Martin, died of rabies and that the culprit was likely a rabid honey badger, the dead goats with neck wounds may have been killed by a big cat in a killing frenzy and the headless goat was probably killed by a brown hyena which can open its jaws enough to engulf the head and has a powerful bite. The lack of blood was due to it settling to a low point of the carcass following death. The other episode was an enhanced version with subtitles about the "Indian Monkey-Man". Again, I didn't expect a revelation of the titular creature, but found the jungle trek interesting. They definitely needed a tire upgrade on the 4 x 4 that got stuck in the mud. The show is better than I expected and I'll watch further episodes to see how it develops.

Agreed on Mountain Monsters. I fear if they carried live rounds, none of them would be left by now. 

Edited by Airdale
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I continue to enjoy the show. Mungo seems to relate well with the locals where ever he is, has a good sense of humor and doesn't take himself too seriously.