Bigfoot-special pleading

norseman

Holy Moly.

They don't "resist" the notion of Bigfoot. No more than they resisted the notion of Denisovians.....a third undiscovered unrelated to humans or thals,  Homo species running around Siberia!

Science needs physical evidence to point the way! It's sooooo freakin simple.

SSR Team

One needs to be popped, it's as simple as that, all the other stuff going on is just a load of fun and nothing more IMO.

Nobody has the funds nor time outside of every day life to be able to make that happen though unfortunately.

• Upvote 1

So really, you see lots of books, papers, monographs, blog posts and interviews from lots of biologists, geneticists and scientists across the spectrum of disciplines telling us how intrigued they are by what has been reported so far?  Me neither, and this is what I mean by "resist." If they are not, at a minimum, intrigued by what has happened so far when it is directly in their disciplinary wheel house, sorry....resistance is the only apt description.  That they wouldn't have the professional integrity to at least acknowledge the real possibility....even while holding out for a type specimen...means they will never achieve any form of greatness in their fields, and will be forever doomed to playing catch-up to those with clearer vision.  Here is but just one example.

Edited by WSA
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BobbyO said:

One needs to be popped, it's as simple as that, all the other stuff going on is just a load of fun and nothing more IMO.

Nobody has the funds nor time outside of every day life to be able to make that happen though unfortunately.

I was hoping project Grendel could network a grass roots effort. Which would combine to become a large effort.

That has largely failed outside of a few of us. I think mainly as I said earlier.....Most proponents are not really looking for the truth.

4 minutes ago, WSA said:

So really, you see lots of books, papers, monographs, blog posts and interviews from lots of biologists, geneticists and scientists across the spectrum of disciplines telling us how intrigued they are by what has been reported so far?  Me neither, and this is what I mean by "resist." If they are not, at a minimum, intrigued by what has happened so far when it is directly in their disciplinary wheel house, sorry....resistance is the only apt description.  That they wouldn't have the professional integrity to at least acknowledge the real possibility....even while holding out for a type specimen...means they will never achieve any form of greatness in their fields, and will be forever doomed to playing catch-up to those with clearer vision.  Here is but just one example.

SSR Team
43 minutes ago, norseman said:

I was hoping project Grendel could network a grass roots effort. Which would combine to become a large effort.

That has largely failed outside of a few of us. I think mainly as I said earlier.....Most proponents are not really looking for the truth.

It's so tough though Norse huh ?

I don't mean to preach to the choir but you know better than anyone, time constraints, geographical constraints, financial constraints, it's not easy getting things going progressively.

But i do still think it's possible..

Goodall's openness to the idea, unfortunately, is the rarity amongst her peers, as commendable as it might be. Wish we'd get hundreds to follow her example. 

If you don't consider the evidence to be convincing, fine, but as a field guide for increasing your chances of killing one I would think you'd be poring over it day and night. No? 

Maybe proponents mostly don't need it very much, or not as much as you do?  Once you've connected enough dots you are not inclined to need that confirmation, as nice as it might be.  I would leave it to those that do, such as yourself Norse. And I do wish you the best of luck in that. 

1 hour ago, WSA said:

That they wouldn't have the professional integrity to at least acknowledge the real possibility....

Maybe they just disagree with you and the tiny minority that seem impressed by all the reports? That is possible, you know. But, sure, question their integrity because they don't think it likely that bigfoot exists. 

33 minutes ago, WSA said:

Goodall's openness to the idea, unfortunately, is the rarity amongst her peers, as commendable as it might be. Wish we'd get hundreds to follow her example. 

If you don't consider the evidence to be convincing, fine, but as a field guide for increasing your chances of killing one I would think you'd be poring over it day and night. No? 

Maybe proponents mostly don't need it very much, or not as much as you do?  Once you've connected enough dots you are not inclined to need that confirmation, as nice as it might be.  I would leave it to those that do, such as yourself Norse. And I do wish you the best of luck in that. 

But even a thousand Goodall's who are open to the idea will not change the fact that the burden of proof lies with proponents.

My own experience was compelling enough for me to hit the trail. But largely it just coincides with my enjoyment of being outdoors. I don't pore over it day or night, I just pack a rifle and enjoy my life. No matter if I'm hunting, fishing, boating, packing, horn hunting or even ranching.

And also the oilfield gets in the way. Making money and stuff as BobbyO commented.

Thanks for the well wishes.

5 hours ago, norseman said:

There seems to be a whole lot of people on here that want to change the fabric of science to NOT ask for physical evidence in biology. Not OK......it's a Pandora's box.

Is there a stigma attached to Bigfoot? Absolutely there is. And it's for the very reason DWA always touts. We have a mountain of circumstantial evidence (tracks, pictures, video) and not one single piece of physical proof. A tooth, a finger bone, etc. Which leads people to the conclusion that it's a hoax.

Produce physical evidence? And science will run you over. Until then? Not all of the screaming, wailing, and gnashing of teeth, nor the reports, nor the foot casts, etc. Will even make them look your way.

To all of the researchers out there, some of which have turned in samples to be turned back contaminated or lost? I'm sorry, truly sorry. All we can do is trudge ahead. :( If it's out there? We need physical proof. 

But Im not willing to change science to make it any easier on us for this one particular case. No defacto discovery....... It's gotta be the real deal.

Norseman

Every year during deer season I go out for one reason and it is to try to bag one of these critters. Reason being is because I know that this is what it its going to take to get them on the books. Biggest fear is what happens if I succeed? what will it do to me personally as a person knowing that you just killed what everyone has been saying does not exist. There has to be one dumb critter out there that is willing to put it self out there in the cross hairs. As a proponent I know that they are out there but do not understand why they are not like other animals.  They do not make mistakes and if they do they some how escape discovery.

As hunters we look for sign, patterns and ways to set up ambush. So how are we all being out smarted by an ape if they are an ape. With all the technology that we have now days we should of had a specimen by now.  Physical proof should have been in our hands and in a lab by now. To see a big buck or even an old tom come into view of my scope is no big deal. But to have to have a creature of this size and the strength that it carries well that makes it a very big deal. Is it really worth it for science to know the truth. When will it be when one of us do not come back from the field chasing these creatures. Will we even know when one of us gets shred to pieces going after these things for science. There is a lot to think about when one is not drinking beer .

2 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

Norseman

Every year during deer season I go out for one reason and it is to try to bag one of these critters. Reason being is because I know that this is what it its going to take to get them on the books. Biggest fear is what happens if I succeed? what will it do to me personally as a person knowing that you just killed what everyone has been saying does not exist. There has to be one dumb critter out there that is willing to put it self out there in the cross hairs. As a proponent I know that they are out there but do not understand why they are not like other animals.  They do not make mistakes and if they do they some how escape discovery.

As hunters we look for sign, patterns and ways to set up ambush. So how are we all being out smarted by an ape if they are an ape. With all the technology that we have now days we should of had a specimen by now.  Physical proof should have been in our hands and in a lab by now. To see a big buck or even an old tom come into view of my scope is no big deal. But to have to have a creature of this size and the strength that it carries well that makes it a very big deal. Is it really worth it for science to know the truth. When will it be when one of us do not come back from the field chasing these creatures. Will we even know when one of us gets shred to pieces going after these things for science. There is a lot to think about when one is not drinking beer .

Apes are smart. And I would propose a bipedal hominid like Bigfoot is going to be somewhere on the scale between a Human and a Gorilla, Chimp and Orang. Nothing to sneeze at. Certainly not on par deer or turkeys.....for sure.

I would also propose that a large bipedal hominid that lives in a fairly hostile climate would be apt to harvest whatever protein it could get its hands on. As well as protect itself and it's offspring with deadly force.

If this thing is really out there and your going after it with deadly intent. Yah, you should be weighing the risks both mentally and physically. But there are plenty of things out there that can already shred you....from Bears to Moose. It's just an inherent risk when one enters the north woods. Right? No matter if your hunting or picking berries. Keep your head on a swivel, pack heat and bring a dog.

And what about this:

Why was it that I was the only one chasing this down. A large Human-looking tooth according to actual dentists that looked at it. Found in California. Supposedly still in the possession of Dr. Sykes. Dr. Meldrum on Mr. Rugg's behalf asked Dr. Sykes for it's return. To this day I don't think it was ever returned to Mike at the Bigfoot Discovery Museum. If that little Denisovan piece of finger bone was good enough then this tooth remnant outa be a shoe in. Where is it? Who has it? Why hasn't it been put through the ringer for DNA testing of the pulp? Sometimes I just don't understand what is important to proponents or what they really want.

Really?

I just addressed that tooth in another thread when MIB brought it up.

I have no control over the stewardship of that tooth. But if it was my tooth? The tooth would never leave my possession. Sykes could come to me and take a sample of the tooth under my supervision.