Bigfoot-special pleading

norseman

I'm speaking from the viewpoint of science. THEY want a body, or a piece of it. They want DNA.

I think it would be awesome if Branco had found the hair or scat to nail the coffin shut on this. I don't need to shoot it. But my only seeing tracks in snow? I would like some sort of explanation, vindication, as to what I saw.....absolutely.

1 hour ago, dmaker said:

I'm happy to answer your question. I have stated this here in the past, but it's buried in long dead threads. 

I was originally brought to the this topic in adulthood due to Finding Bigfoot. I also liked being scared by the idea of bigfoot as a child and remember my Dad taking me to see the In Search Of motion picture. I maintained no real interest in the topic other than just generally thinking the idea was kind of cool and if I happened across a documentary on the TV, I would stop and watch it. I knew nothing of the subject matter beyond what I saw on documentaries. 

It wasn't until I stumbled across an episode of Finding Bigfoot where you had people acting and talking as if the animal was real and discovered and documented. I thought, " wow, bigfoot has been discovered?" I was surprised at the lack of fanfare, but still didn't realize that people would go on tv and talk as if something was proven that was not. So I went to the web to see if, indeed, bigfoot had been proven real. Of course, it had not. But my initial searches brought to many places, this forum being one of them. I read many reports. Ordered several bigfoot books by the phd proponents (Meldrum and Bindernagel). I read many threads here. Watched many more documentaries. 

Long story short, I became more swayed by the skeptical commentary than by the proponent. I am not impressed by anecdotes and all of the physical evidence offered so far does not require a sasquatch as an explanation. I still participate in the debate because I think it is important for some people to see both points of view. I know that certain skeptics, now long gone, had a strong influence on me when I first arrived here. 

That's basically the short version. I was never a believer. 

That's fair enough . In my purpose for being here is to be frank I never paid the subject no mind . Yes , I watched a few Hollywood movies that came out , Exists , Willow Creek

to name a couple .I can honestly say I've only watched two episodes of Finding Bigfoot on Netflix . I'll probably watch all of them when I find the time .

For me , I know I posted this before but what brought me here and interested in this subject is was just a casual conversation with a co worker . The funny thing is he doesn't even

live in the same area he did because he sold his home . We just got to talking one day and the things he told me that were happening in the forest near his home kind of blew my mind.

He then asked me if I wanted to see some photos he took over the 5 or so years he lived there . At first he told me he tore some of the stuff down because it just freaked him out but then he started reading reports on the subject and researching  other encounters.   That's my story in a nutshell I guess .

Edit

I should have added he had a face to face encounter not more than 7 or 8 feet away from him one night with a flash light on the creatures face .. He said it was probably the most frightened he has ever felt . I guess that's what every researcher hopes  to see .

Edited by 7.62

1 hour ago, FarArcher said:

and beyond that, what's the use in him repeating himself?

What is the point of DWA repeating himself over and over and over again every day? You don't seem to have a problem with that. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, dmaker said:

What is the point of DWA repeating himself over and over and over again every day? You don't seem to have a problem with that. 

Yeah, but after 5,000 posts, we've heard all your songs and all the verses.

Ever think about transferring your professional past time to maybe the UFO community?  You know, there's always barber school.

and of course he thinks I repeat myself, the surest sign that he isn't getting it; (1) the stoneheaded are the reason for repeats, the nimble get it; (2) I'm constantly introducing new rigor.  He just follows me for all the wrong reasons :rolleyes:

On June 5, 2017 at 6:32 PM, norseman said:

I'm speaking from the viewpoint of science. THEY want a body, or a piece of it. They want DNA.

I think it would be awesome if Branco had found the hair or scat to nail the coffin shut on this. I don't need to shoot it. But my only seeing tracks in snow? I would like some sort of explanation, vindication, as to what I saw.....absolutely.

OK...furnish the list of members of the academic or governmental scientific community that has publicly stated, ..."I want a body"...

I can think of very few that have crossed that bridge besides Meldrum, Fahrenbach and Krantz.

It appears the overwhelming majority just simply are not concerned with Sasquatchery.

Perhaps, the OP should be edited to say M, F & K want a body but no one else gives a rip?

Also, keep in mind the three (3) referenced individuals have yet to experience a FTF event.

Is ignorance a ticket for this train and repetitive threads such as this one simply designed to reinforce a mindset clung to by those with the  absolute least actual experience in the subject matter?

How much redundancy doth an echo chamber make?

• Upvote 2

I  have thought about what dmaker has said about proponents not wanting the mystery solved because inevitably the only  logical conclusion is they simply don't exist. I am on the opposite end of that. I have never believed in the creature ,but have a fondness for mysterious creatures and unsolved mysteries of many types. I want the question to remain open and not solved as to what  I am sure what the answer is. I would even like to be wrong . if I am not I want the mystery to remain.

Norse is correct that there is no proof of the existence of the creatures with the current amount of evidence  . It is ok that people accept anecdotal evidence and that others like myself do not . It keeps it interesting .

5000 posts of stating the obvious is perfectly acceptable . So is 10000  posts of stating the not so obvious .

• Upvote 2

^^^ Yes, however at some point it would appear carpal tunnel syndrome would defeat even the most ardent participants of such circle jerks.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...