Olympic Peninsula Nesting Area Update

BobbyO

The first edition of the USAF Survival School was issued in May of 2003. It is labeled "Evasion Chart (EVC)." It covers the five training in WA state. On the "Rainforest  and River Training Area" section of the map, there are photos and drawings of the typical animals that might be encountered in the area. In that group there is a depiction of a "SASQUATCH (Bigfoot)". 

It is not a "tongue in cheek" addition to that chart. The map contains a LOT of info about the areas. One section contains photos and descriptions of the edible plants in the area. The Sasquatch was shown to let the trainees know that "if they saw one, not to think they had eaten the wrong kind of mushroom, it was real". .  

Well, if the government is or is not covering up the existence of Sasquatch?

Including it in a USAF survival manual is one way to kick the hornets nest. Very odd.

They're not really covering it up; they have no duty or responsibility to confirm the fact they exist. All government agencies - federal or state - have more of a duty and responsibility to avoid unnecessarily alarming the public. Staying on good terms with the mining and timber industries is a just a career side benefit.

No government "hornets" involved. The folks that know ain't talking, those that don't know are not going to risk their careers asking. What can they say? 

Not odd at all. The military has every right and duty to tell those trainees the truth about the presence of Sasquatch in those areas. The majority of the trainees most likely thought the "Sasquatch thing" was BS when they joined the military.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, scottv said:

Where can find this manual, is on the net?

It is not a manual, it's a map. I posted copies of the more pertinent sections of the maps on the internet several years ago. (I think I may have posted it on this forum, not sure.) Many others have posted the same photos on numerous web sites.  

8 hours ago, DWA said:

I may not be right on this, but I thought that the printed advice to trainees came out in 1975.  Let me see if I can find it.

Wait...I might be thinking about this...

http://bigfootlore.blogspot.com/2013/02/1975-environmental-atlas-for-washington.html

But the traininee advice Branco talks about is something about which I have read.  I'd have to look up the specific ref, though.

I think this is the one he means

http://bigfootlore.blogspot.com/2013/02/air-force-survival-training-map.html

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin

17 hours ago, Branco said:

his testing would have violated regulations established in response to a Presidential Memo issued by Obama while Dr. K's work was ongoing.

Care to elaborate on this memo?

Are you suggesting that President Obama issued a secret memo and that this memo dealt with bigfoot and Dr.Ketchum's study? 

You are serious about this?

BFF Patron
11 hours ago, Branco said:

They're not really covering it up; they have no duty or responsibility to confirm the fact they exist. All government agencies - federal or state - have more of a duty and responsibility to avoid unnecessarily alarming the public. Staying on good terms with the mining and timber industries is a just a career side benefit.

No government "hornets" involved. The folks that know ain't talking, those that don't know are not going to risk their careers asking. What can they say? 

Not odd at all. The military has every right and duty to tell those trainees the truth about the presence of Sasquatch in those areas. The majority of the trainees most likely thought the "Sasquatch thing" was BS when they joined the military.

When I went to survival we were told that aspects of the training were classified.    That was during the Vietnam war and it was not desired for the trainees to blab about the training and methods.   Part of that was that the military did not want future attendees to game the training with prior knowledge or the enemy to know what resistance training the aviators had done.        Since the military pretty much continues with such policies,  no matter what war we are fighting,  I would suspect that more recent attendees are under the same restrictions.   That would mean that something published in 2003 related to survival training  would not be expected to be released to the public.    We were not given handouts to take home but study materials to look at in class.        I have no doubt that the military is aware of BF because of sightings on military reservations.      One individual I know,   who is a frequent speaker on the BF convention tour,   had his sighting of three BF during military training near Saddle Mountain Oregon.    It was witnessed by other Oregon National Guard members.   Joint Base Lewis/McCord is a hot bed of sighting reports,  many of which have found there way to BFRO and other data bases.    The military knows about BF.        

1 hour ago, dmaker said:

1 hour ago, dmaker said:

Care to elaborate on this memo?

I'd rather let you find it. It took me days to find it and all the federal agencies's R & R's responses.

Are you suggesting that President Obama issued a secret memo and that this memo dealt with bigfoot and Dr.Ketchum's study? 

Under the conditions specified in the previous post, and copied and highlighted in blue below, yes it would have applied to both studies.

Kind'a think they may have given Dr. Sykes a little heads up & advice when he visited that lab a time or two before he revealed his findings. If Dr. Sykes had actually found that the DNA of that one sample from the USA was from a relic hominid, his testing would have violated regulations established in response to a Presidential Memo issued by Obama while Dr. K's work was ongoing. Had he declared the sample from the "cross breed bear" showed it was really a Sasquatch, that Memo and the scientific community would have discredited him and his work. by hook or crook.

You are serious about this?

Well, I'm stating facts. Based on your previous record and methods of determining the validity of facts posted here, not at all sure what you call "serious".

7 minutes ago, dmaker said:

You can't produce evidence of this memo, so it does not exist.

Do you have a few thousands of dollars you would care to bet that I can't? 

Cool story, bro.

I'll feel really cool if you'll take that bet! What say yee? 

Edited by Branco

I'm not going to play silly games with you. You made a claim. You can support it or not. It's up to you. Blowing smoke is not going to make the memo appear, however. 

Until you provide something convincing that such a memo ever existed, this one gets put on the big pile of Branco fantasy tales. 

Edited by dmaker
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dmaker said:

I'm not going to play silly games with you.

So you basically called me a liar and a BS'er again, I called you out on it and made a bet that I could prove something you stated was untrue. And your chicken excrement response was this?

You made a claim. You can support it or not. It's up to you. Blowing smoke is not going to make the memo appear, however. 

I can support it in minutes. (So can any teenager that has any type of phone or computer.) You are apparently too danged lazy to "blow smoke", all you can blow is hot air, but I have to admit you are good at that. A climate change factor? 

Until you provide something convincing that such a memo ever existed, this one gets put on the big pile of Branco fantasy tales.

You know, you really must be an over-aged child brat that has been spoon fed all his/her life. You have squealed and squalled for someone - anyone - to spoon feed you absolute proof of the validity of every bit of information, every sighting, every track and statement made by real folks who spend their time and money to try to learn more about the animals discussed on this thread, while you have apparently done absolutely nothing to learn just a tad about them yourself. It is totally immaterial to me where you make the "big pile of Branco fantasy tales". That pile will pale in comparison to size of the heap of BS and nonsense you continue to throw on his forum.

Now, back to your asinine statement that I could not prove the Presidential Memo. Do you want to take that bet - I'll even cut it back to hundreds instead of thousands of dollars - or do you want to get your step-neighbor's sixteen year old to get it for you?

• Upvote 2

Branco, l mostly use Dmaker's views as an inverse indicator of how well my life's experiences have informed me about the world and this topic. His opinions are useful for that, if little else.  You'll note he never has much to offer about his actual experiences in the wild, although I think he visited a Provincial park once, took a walk, didn't see a Sasquatch and shut down his field exploration efforts soon thereafter.  I'd pay those thousands to see him spend just a single night on the ground alone anywhere south of Montgomery . This, or anything like it, will never happen though.  My personal assessment of him is, "Often mistaken, but never in doubt."  This is but the latest example. "Ignore" would be my prescription.  

• Upvote 2

I've mentioned my experiences outdoors numerous times. Perhaps you paid no attention. 

Branco, I did try googling anything that might support your ridiculous claim to secret bigfoot memos. Of course, nothing came up. Perhaps you could provide some more detail and I would be happy to search further. 

3 hours ago, Branco said:

while you have apparently done absolutely nothing to learn just a tad about them yourself

It is hard to learn about an animal that does not exist. I suppose I could just make stuff up like you do. 

WSA, do you believe Branco's tale of a secret presidential bigfoot memo? It's a pretty outrageous claim. You have no interest in whether it is true or not? Or were you only interested in joining him for a little dmaker bashing? 

Branco, as for your memo claim? Your outline of it is rather vague. I asked if you were saying Obama issued a memo dealing with bigfoot and Ketchum. You said yes, it would cover both of those topics. That is different than a secret bigfoot memo.  I'm sure you could produce some report about some memo that covered some scope of wildlife in general and one could loosely apply that to both bigfoot and Ketchum's study. That is not what I meant. 

I'll ask you directly. Did this memo mention bigfoot and Ketchum specifically? If not, then I don't care about it at all. If your answer is yes, then we might have a bet. 

Edited by dmaker

• masterbarber pinned this topic
  • masterbarber unpinned this topic