Shortcoming of The Scientific Community

Guest OntarioSquatch

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

So you want other folks to find the proof and then give to you. And if they don't you cajole them? Some things never change.

Another example of the ploy I mentioned yesterday.

Yep, but there's a difference. I was asking for help. But of course, not surprisingly, have ended up doing things myself. Because I choose to be a positive force in solving the Sasquatch issue one way or another. With help or without. More enjoyable and probably productive as a group but so far? in the last oh, four years or so, hasn't happened- isn't going to happen. I don't push for folks to do my work for me. I look for folks to join with in the effort but it's just not going to happen.. I've learned a lot here but the biggest thing I've learned of all after several tries is that I can count on.........no one. A simple fact of life- and this Forum. 

Edited by hiflier

Lot of folks have become jaded. John Q Public isn't going to get any answers from government officials outside of standard replies. "We'll look into it".

David Paulides is interesting because he ran into a lot of push back from the government with his FOIA requests.

Guest Cricket

Wow, I take a few days away to tile a floor with my husband and there's trial cams and footprint casts a-flyin' in some of those other posts!  DUCK & COVER! 

Thanks for the welcome, DWA and Norseman, I do appreciate it!  I really can't explain why there is flat out resistance in many parts of mainstream science.  For myself, I have never had any kind of encounter, but the truth is that I haven't looked, I haven't been out camping or hiking anywhere in back country for some time.  I am 5' 2" and I don't have any guns, so I am really not all that anxious to have an encounter.  I am happy to leave it to those who are better prepared.  I am not in a position to draw conclusions either way, and that's why I stay away from any discussion of that.  But I do enjoy the related issues.  For many years I participated on another topical forum that was deeply divided into a couple opposed camps, and allowed myself to get drawn into sparring on a regular basis.  It does get old after a while, and the forum became, in the words of another regular, like a dysfunctional family that didn't get along who nevertheless kept meeting for Sunday dinner out of habit!  I hope this one doesn't go that way!

I have never had a problem with anybody saying, well, wake me up when they find something, or even snickering at this, if that is the only attention they ever give it. 

It's 5000 posts on a site devoted to it I start wondering about.  Particularly when none of them attempts to defend the position with evidence, and a comprehensive false positive can be proven. If it's too much work for a body to take on, well, that's not my fault. But there is evidence, and scientists vouch for it, and well before 5000 posts somebody should have gotten that memo.

And yeah, why resistance?  Why not say to some gung-ho grad student, well, give me a research plan?  Why not support inquiry?  Why stoop to taboo?

But stay tuned.  I personally think there are a lot of interesting folks here, and they are worth surfing [my Ignore list] to get to.