The Presidential Memorandum of March 9, 2009.

Branco

Seems there is quite a bit that must be taken on spec when dealing with certain folks here. Even grand claims like the government is hiding the existence of bigfoot. How do you know? A bunch of retirees told me. 

oki doki...

Kind of hard to get the big picture with such a small screen, huh?

For others, sit back and think for a moment just how much the acknowledgement of a relict species of primitive man would cost the timber industry?  Any idea on how the demands for huge plots of timber be left alone?  A bug, or fish, or turtle costs the nation billions of dollars in regulations, banishment from large tracts, prohibition of mining, access to both public and private lands, road construction or improvement, etc., etc.

The industrial chemical companies are closely tied to the timber and mining industries - a lot of what we use every day in household use to manufacturing are tied directly to these rather significant industries.  Billions and billions of dollars per annum.

Add in the fact that Senators and Congressmen can be bought, regulators can be bought, Presidents can be bought, cabinet members can be bought - even to the point of selling to Russia 20% of our nations known uranium deposits.

Now, aside from a handful of folks here, who in their right mind would want the extraordinary costs that would be incurred if this critter is introduced to the public?  To the tree-huggers, animal rights folks, and even environmentalists?  Lots of land - public land - would also be cut off entirely from the public - as to not disturb this delicate new species.

For heaven't sake, tell me there are sane, prudent, rational thinking individuals here.

44 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

More implied knower stuff. C'mon.

I like that term.  Knower.

You've never paused long enough to really digest that term, and what it implies.  

Clearly, you were never overburdened with education.

Especially terminology.

Anyone who doesn't understand that the government has zero practical reason to enlighten a largely loony public about an animal about which so many of them are demonstrably loony really doesn't understand government, bureaucracy, people or life.  This is not about Some Massive Coverup.  This is about No My Yob.

Plus, yeah, that so much of the subsequent looniness would be coming from very well-heeled loonies in extractive industries.

Edited by DWA

The timber industry argument. Never takes too long for that to be trotted out. This is the same government that has already been proven to act on behalf of known species (spotted owl, for example), or to shut down development due to interesting archaeological finds (most recently with the findings about early humans in North America). This government does not seem against protecting habitat. Why would this be any different? Also, you would have to demonstrate that the species resided in that area. I don't think bigfoot has much to worry about on that one. 

• Upvote 1

^ So it is a government cover up starting at the President ending with the ranger at the national park. 

Tens of thousands of people covering up Bigfoot so good people can't even get one shred of verifiable evidence.

I have been thinking that the government is incompetent. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Martin said:

^ So it is a government cover up starting at the President ending with the ranger at the national park. 

Tens of thousands of people covering up Bigfoot so good people can't even get one shred of verifiable evidence.

I have been thinking that the government is incompetent. 

There's a hit-team en route to your location, now, led by a notorious internet tough guy. He's tracked men, you know. (You must, he never fails to mention it every 48 hours).

The hit team is made up of government retirees who will confess about bigfoot, or may not. Depending on your scofftic status. 

The President signed a memorandum requiring the federal government to adhere to scientific integrity!!??

I have a sneaking suspicion this all about GW, and not Bigfoot.

1 hour ago, Incorrigible1 said:

There's a hit-team en route to your location, now, led by a notorious internet tough guy. He's tracked men, you know. (You must, he never fails to mention it every 48 hours).

I just want to know why he hid in the tent for 10 or 15 minutes while they stood outside.

Rambo he is not.

53 minutes ago, norseman said:

The President signed a memorandum requiring the federal government to adhere to scientific integrity!!??

I have a sneaking suspicion this all about GW, and not Bigfoot.

No, he issued a memorandum that attempted to give his administration full control of scientist who disagreed with his and his cronies's grandiose scheme to get filthy rich by the Green Energy scam. And it worked big time. 

While this scam was being formulated, the whole world knew about Dr. K and Dr. S's work, and the administration turned their dogs loose. The Prez knew very well that if the two scientists actually had obtained DNA of another extant hominid, it would take the spotlight off he and his cronies great project and cause the general public to insist on putting a priority on protecting the new humans and their habitat. The dogs ate Dr. K; and intimidated Dr. S. to the point he decided not to fight. No DNA on the boot; cross breed bear. Sure thing. It was reported on the news channels that he did in fact visit the US F & W Animal Forensics lab in  Oregon before disclosing his DNA results. I wonder if the personnel there explained to him that our government did not wish to "alarm the public", and didn't talk publicly about BF, and suggested that he not rock the boat. 

I'm not following the logic.....

What is more green than Bigfoot? If the creature proved to be real to the public? "Save Bigfoot" would be 1000x bigger than "save the whales" or "save the spotted owl".

Wouldnt it have been smart for Obama to lay his Bigfoot cards out on the table? There by ensuring huge sections of federal lands be set aside as habitat?

2 hours ago, Martin said:

I just want to know why he hid in the tent for 10 or 15 minutes while they stood outside.

Rambo he is not.

You sure have a lot of bad luck thinking.

You simply must come up with a new slur - Norse already threw out the Rambo word - before, so that's been used.  Got another?

I won't apologize for serving in Special Forces, in two Ranger companies, nor for serving in combat.  The illustrations I may resort to in order to demonstrate how easy it is to hide from searchers are in fact based on my military service in combat.  LRRP activity and practices are something Incorrigible is apparently ignorant of - as are you. 

Only some 3% to 5% of those who volunteered from scratch made it though.  So what if you have never beaten some really skilled opponents in combat - no use in feeling inadequate - and tossing that crap at me.  If you feel you don't measure up, that's not my fault.  You can bet your bippy you didn't get your genes from me. 

Why would I leave my nice, warm sleeping bag and get out of the tent?  I already had one face to face in daylight some 20 feet away?  We got a real good look at each other.  And besides, they would throw pebbles at the tents all the time at night - just boys having fun - so why react like a pansy pilgrim would - as you suggest you'd probably do?

This went on for months.  They were having their fun, we had ours - and you'd be amazed at the patience they exhibit - they can stay so still, for so long - I've never seen anything like it.

And neither have you.

Edited by FarArcher
  • Upvote 2

Chemtrails have clouded Comey's mind, and he's gonna spill the beans tomorrow morning in sworn testimony. Unless, wait......yes! A crack team, led by Rambutt, will set him straight! Just in the nick of time. Whew, that was close. Good thing Rambutt is able to trail men thru thick and thin.

I can't bring myself to sneer at a veteran of the armed forces. Thank goodness you're here to pick up the slack.

• Upvote 2