Bigfoot/sasquqtch Hunting Event

Guest CaptainMorgan

yep, this sounds like a champion idea.....it'll go over so good that this guy will start a tournament trail, like BassMasters,only for BF, call it Squatchmasters, whoever gets the biggest bf part back to the weigh in check point by 3:00 winslaugh.gif

whacko internet strangers,potential unsafe firearms handling,dark conditions & the potential for a hoaxer in a suit to get shot.......this has trouble written all over it......

Guest tracker

Sad sad news . . . .

6/1: Bigfoot/Sasquqtch (detriot lake area)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 2011-05-04, 7:21PM PDT

Reply to: (edited)@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi I am forming a Bigfoot/Sasquatch hunting event. This is a shoot to kill event for the purpose of dna proof for its existance.. Me and my hunting partner are looking for qualified hunters/specops/trackers for this event. I have an area isolated where I know there is a population of these animals living. Amature outdoorsman need not respond. This is serious...I have had genuine encounters with these creatures and now am looking to bring one out of the woods dead or alive. These animals are considered an unprotected mammal in the state of oregon and this expidition is perfectly legal if you have a valid oregon hunting licence for 2011.

If this intrests you then email me back and we can meet to review your qualifications. I don't want just anybody...In the bush we will encounter hunting situations and saftey is the main priorty.

Hey where did you pull this ad from CM? spec ops need only apply. shoot to kill event. Too funny biggrin.gif I am still laughing as i am typing. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif The key elements of being an elite soldier is your mental competency and having 100% trust and confidence in your squad. You can't just patch together a bunch of shooters and start crashing through the woods shouting here Bigfoot Bigfoot. biggrin.gif. Its really a pathetically funny ad IMO.biggrin.gif Sorry everyone I am trying to contain my mirth. biggrin.gif breath, okay I am under control. whew thats better. smile.gif

Who here would trust an almost complete stranger not to shoot you in the back in the dark under any stressful situation?? Stress changes people, they fight or flee or even fight each other sometimes.The thought of being ripped apart or carried off by a huge creature in the dark far from safety will do that. Yea i know there's not many reports of that happening. But thoughts like that will go through a person mind when they are scared enough. The next thing that happens is gunfire in all directions at the shadows in the tree line.

That's the general idea if you want a specimen. I hope they train as a team prior to heading into the woods and condition themselves. And stay very far from others before they start shooting. Stay clear of hwy # 22 near Detroit lake people.

In fact if any of the bs hunting party ever read this here's a freebie tip from an 30 yr Bf hunter, ex-soldier, ranger, etc, etc. Head north towards that isolated area around Tumble Lake off of # 22. That's where i would go, it will be better for you and better for everyone else!

Good luck and don't forget to bring along someone cross trained as a medic. JMO tracker dry.gif

Edited by tracker

"I wonder how many fake SEAL's he will have replying to his post?"

norseman

When we get requests to authenticate a Navy SEAL the average is 400 phonys for every real SEAL.

I dont think I would want to operate with any of the "SEALs" that showed up for this event.

NS

Guest BCCryptid

This has the awesome makings of a great movie! :lol: (maybe that's the premise..? )

If this were so easy, I'd think we'd have the proof we are all hoping for already.

I'm not hoping they bag one, I'm actually cheerleading the sasquatches! I hope they find seven crushed bodies at the bottom of a cliff, all having mysteriously 'fallen' to their deaths...

Besides the obvious hilarity-factor already presented...I think they should have at it. The process of natural selection will kick in and we'll have a few less dinks running around in the woods.

Guest Sallaranda

What if they actually succeed and this is the group that eventually brings down a Sasquatch?

Guest BuzzardEater

I wonder how many guys are going? A big party of say eight men would be too cumbersome to track a BF. Small parties, like a shooter and a spotter don't have enough firepower. How are they going to work it?

I am not really against the idea of hunting one down and shooting the poo out of him, but find a bad one! Would Patterson and Gimlin have rushed in announcing, "Hey! We shot a little old lady that was too arthritic to get away!" I think they would have edited the film and hid the body. But then, one of them would have felt guilty and would never talk about it, like the astronauts who "went to the moon". :lol:

Seriously, this has no chance of success. I bet they never leave the tavern.

Guest Po Commander

These guys are hunting air. But if they do some how kill a "bigfoot" then good for them... at least they're trying to end the debate straight up, instead of trying to simply "spot one" and assuming everyone will take your word for it.

Sad sad news . . . .

6/1: Bigfoot/Sasquqtch (detriot lake area)

Date: 2011-05-04, 7:21PM PDT

Reply to: (edited)@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Hi I am forming a Bigfoot/Sasquatch hunting event. This is a shoot to kill event for the purpose of dna proof for its existance.. Me and my hunting partner are looking for qualified hunters/specops/trackers for this event. I have an area isolated where I know there is a population of these animals living. Amature outdoorsman need not respond. This is serious...I have had genuine encounters with these creatures and now am looking to bring one out of the woods dead or alive. These animals are considered an unprotected mammal in the state of oregon and this expidition is perfectly legal if you have a valid oregon hunting licence for 2011.

If this intrests you then email me back and we can meet to review your qualifications. I don't want just anybody...In the bush we will encounter hunting situations and saftey is the main priorty.

Well on one hand, only a handful of people have been successful here, and only when the creature's curiosity over-rid their reason and logic. Extremely reserved. I am sure others have gotten one, but never got to tell about it. From what I have gathered, 99% of the time there is more than one around, one distracts/tests while the others stand nearby, hidden. Trying to kill a person(most likely) because they are so different? Ignorance. Your going to rot in a prison if they turn out to be "Humanoid", as Skamania county put it. EVERYONE will hate you.

Fortunately this sort of **** has happened before, Rene Dahinden did it most of his life. Guess what? He never even got to see one. They see the guns(Rifles for the lulz) and just leave. This guy can't be to bright looking for help on craigs list, good way to disappear in the woods >.< Some people got no street smarts. At this point I don't care about the "Hunter" types here. Do something better with yourself. Stop risking your well being, stop risking murder. It will not end well for you even if they were apes. A narrow minded approach to this.

For as many people I run into that buy some of the worst hoaxed events ever, the most likely outcome here is a bunch of psychos will end up murdering a heavily burdened hiker. Lock them up, save a life. No reason to kill a bigfoot, at all. Your arguments for killing one are bunk, pick a safer way.

Edited by Xion Comrade

They need to use tranq guns. BTW, How do they plan on locating these BF? :rolleyes: It's not like you can just go out in the woods one day expecting to run across one or more BF. Plus moving a several hundred pound body would be next to impossible without heavy equipment like a bulldozer with the scoop attachment to carry the body in until it could be placed somewhere for autopsy if they could find an autopsy table *large* enough to hold a body of that size and weight.

Most autopsy tables are about 7 feet long according to hubby who uses them often. They are stainless still I think, but still how to hold that body size would be a major issue for any normal table.

Any successful moose hunter can tell you it really isn't that hard getting a 1000lbs animal out of the woods.

I am not saying I agree with the yahoo that posted the add, because I don't.

Just don't fool yourself into thinking that moving a body that big is so difficult.

An 800 lbs animal quartered up isn't that huge

To be clear though I think this expedition has fail written all over it in so many different ways

Sad news? hardly. Sad news is a tornado destroying 1/3 of Joplin, Mo. Try getting some perspective.

If the guy/gal wants to seek out people for this endeavor, where is he/she supposed to do it that what meet the usual negative posters' approval. The Classifieds in a paper dedicated to monkees?, Outdoor Life?

Again with the "take it alive" people yapping up. Try doing some research on just exactly how easy this is on known animals (let alone dangerous ones), how affordable it is, and how easy it is to get the heavily controlled drugs that are used.

Now I can start my day with a laugh. Not at the add, but at some of the goofy responses to it.

These animals are considered an unprotected mammal in the state of oregon and this expidition is perfectly legal if you have a valid oregon hunting licence for 2011.

Why does one need a valid hunting license to shoot an unprotected animal?

Guest TooRisky

The guy is seriously a very good candidate for a "Darwin Award"... Either way he is not going to find any serious people and may find out he travels with psychos... I foresee great hardship and disappointment for these "Woodsman" and may they reap what they sow...

sounds like a dangerous expedition. What do u think the odds are of somone getting hurt? IF they find bigfoot, i say 50% chance of someone getting hurt, and 25% chance of someone getting killed.