Cascades Carnivore Project - How Do They Miss The Bigfoots? (2)

masterbarber

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 7:15 PM, Incorrigible1 said:

It's obvious Nathan's car was stolen by BIGFOOT!!

Nope. Leadfoot.

• 3 weeks later...

I found a dead deer on my property the other day, so I decided to set two trail cameras up to see what comes around. I have one trail camera set to take 3 photos for each trigger and the other trail camera set to take 30 second video clips. So far I got deer, a raven, and a coyote. Maybe I'll call it The Western Cascade Foothills Carnivore/Scavenger Project.Raven2.JPG   Coyote2.JPG           

To my eyes, even though it’s apparently the same cam, the night shot seems more zoomed in than the day shot.  Is this a known affect or are my eyes playing tricks on me?  

8 minutes ago, Twist said:

To my eyes, even though it’s apparently the same cam, the night shot seems more zoomed in than the day shot.  Is this a known affect or are my eyes playing tricks on me?  

It looks like the same distance to me between the two images. Daytime shot, leaf in the middle foreground. Same for the night shot.

Clarity for sure. I get similar results. Don't if anything can be done. At least with mine. It's a Browning BTX3

Edited by hiflier

16 hours ago, hiflier said:

Why is it dead?

I don't know. There was no blood or any obvious wounds on it that I could see.

Dead Deer2.JPG

Good one, Twist, LOL. The deer looks older judging from the paunch. If standing it's belly may be obviously sagging. Other things are a long face (measurements from eye to nose, and a more grayish coat. The greyer ones are probably six years old or older. Some say tooth size but that can depends on what they eat and the type of soil. It really takes a combination of factors to say a death might be age related. 

Sorry Hiflier that is a fawn. The paunch is gas I think. And the coat is gray because that is its winter coat. Here is a photo of its mom and sister?.

Deer4.JPG

• Upvote 1

Its been 11 days now and I'm still tied with the Cascades Carnivore Project with zero BF photos or videos. But I did get two different spikes, a raccoon, and the raven vocalization that sounds like the predator on the trail camera set for video.

Thanks Norseman!

This week has been pretty slow. I got an opossum, two raccoons (that only seem to be interested in the bbq buffalo wings I put out), and a 3 point buck. I thought the coyote would of taken care of the dead deer by now. But it hasn't been back after the trail camera set for video came on and it ran off.