How do you go about proving Bigfoot?

norseman

*No existence debates please!*

*Also if you believe Bigfoot should not be proven to science, please keep that to yourself as well.*

Proponents? How are you working on proving the existence of Bigfoot to science? Are any of you just in the planning phase? Do you have some good ideas towards that goal?

Norseman, with all due respect I will only get myself into hot water. I truly like the topic but recent history has shown me that it does me no good to open such a dialogue- at least on my own. But just so you and everyone knows, I am past the planning stage and have been taking action behind the scenes for the past month at least. We can leave it at that?

Guest OntarioSquatch

Inb4 the bigoted posts:

If by "prove" you mean convince most of the mainstream scientific community, then I don't believe it'll happen in any classic way. Given what I now know about the phenomenon, I'd say there are two possibilities worth considering

The first is disclosure from the US government. This could happen suprisingly soon, as they're already working on disclosure of the ultraterrestrial phenomenon. The second is improving connectivity to the subconscious to the point where any scientist can observe them without the use of senses, but this won't happen soon.

If someone thinks they can just walk into the woods and find a dead body, I'd recommend that they take a look at North American history along with an unbiased look at the database of reports. You're more likely to have several hundred sightings, than find a dead body. The same goes for successfully recovering a body after shooting one.

I think the question is worded rather specifically, Ontario Squatch. It says, and I quote: "How do you go about proving Bigfoot?" Not: "How Does Anyone....". But I'll leave it to Norseman to clarify the topic :)

Edited by hiflier

Depends on what you think "bigfoot" is. If you think bigfoot is a social construct, such as a myth, then you would go about attempting to demonstrate such by pointing out the flaws in some claims and the unreliability of the evidence to date to support the claim. You would also compare this phenomenon with others that rely heavily on anecdotal evidence and that have, to date, also failed to provide much support for the claim. Pointing to studies in other social sciences and psychology will further demonstrate how "bigfoot the myth" can easily exist and how all bigfoot evidence can also be explained without a flesh and blood animal. 

Of course, the claim that bigfoot is a social construct is not strictly provable, but is, imo, highly demonstrable. Perhaps the OP question should more be "How would you prove that bigfoot is a real animal"? :)

Guest OntarioSquatch

11 minutes ago, hiflier said:

I think the question is aimed at the members in general, Ontario Squatch. It says, and I quote: "How do you go about proving Bigfoot?"

That steers away from a potentially productive discussion, as one would have to first admit that they can personally prove it, when in reality that might not even be possible.

That's the kind of bigotry I was talking about.

Edited by OntarioSquatch

If bigfoot is a real animal, then there is no reason at all that it should not be possible to acquire proof. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, OntarioSquatch said:

That steers away from a potentially productive discussion, as one would have to first admit that they can personally prove it, when in reality that might not even be possible.

That's the kind of bigotry I was talking about.

Heh, heh, OK, if you say so. Now lemme see.......that makes me not only a plagiarist according to MIB, but now a bigot too, according to you. Hey, I think I'm doing just fine here on the beautiful BFF.

1 hour ago, norseman said:

Proponents? How are you working on proving the existence of Bigfoot to science? Are any of you just in the planning phase? Do you have some good ideas towards that goal?

Now, remind me again, OS, about the part of the OP that you didn't read.

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

Admin
50 minutes ago, hiflier said:

"How do you go about proving Bigfoot?"

You mean, acquiring proof that BF exists?

That is a loaded question because what is proof to one, is not enough for another.

I'll just say that I've tried everything within my limited resources mostly to find an answer for myself, one way or another.  The day I reach a solid conclusion, is the day I retire from bigfootery to use the time and energy for other things.

Things I've tried so far: Website, sightings database for data mining/analysis, trail cams, audio recorders. Haven't been able to do any to the scale and quality that I'd like, but it's better than nothing.

The real answer though is: I'm waiting for a "professional" to go out and take care of business. Second hope is for a trucker to get "lucky" and runover one.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, gigantor said:

You mean, acquiring proof that BF exists?

That is a loaded question because what is proof to one, is not enough for another.

I'll just say that I've tried everything within my limited resources mostly to find an answer for myself, one way or another.  The day I reach a solid conclusion, is the day I retire from bigfootery to use the time and energy for other things.

Things I've tried so far: Website, sightings database for data mining/analysis, trail cams, audio recorders. Haven't been able to do any to the scale and quality that I'd like, but it's better than nothing.

The real answer though is: I'm waiting for a "professional" to go out and take care of business. Second hope is for a trucker to get "lucky" and runover one.

Count me in on all of those activities and efforts, g. I have been going down a road now that I haven't tried- or only marginally tried in the past. And I too am waiting for a professional, or at least an educated person, to take the ball. Getting that to happen is where most of my focus and energy has recently been, and is being, applied.

Edited by hiflier

Guest OntarioSquatch

Most efforts in the field are mainly to "prove" existence to oneself, not mainstream science. One major exception is the NAWAC, which I'm still somewhat blown away by. Other than that, it's mostly just talk.

Admin

^^^ Don't get me wrong, should the opportunity present itself... but I don't have much hope in that happening because of the geographic location where we operate.

I'm looking for people's personal experiences and insight into the pursuit of proving the existence of Bigfoot to science.

Flesh and blood Bigfoot. Not the social construct or alien bigfoot. Neither of which are proveable anyhow.

And there is a lot more group's out there than just the NAWAC attempting this. Some are pro kill and some are not. 

Thanks Gig for sharing! I enjoy your work.

Admin

Thanks. One of things that surprised me when I first started going out in the woods with WVFooter, was the "bigfoot behind every bush syndrome". I've read about it from other people, but didn't think it would happen to me. It did. Specially at night in the middle of nowhere.

I think it's the initial rush of lofty expectations. But after a few outings, I settled down. Then I went the other way, dismissing possible signs...  anyway, it takes a while to settle down and becoming objective.

That's my biggest take from searching, you have to spend time out there...  know the territory, get comfortable in the woods.

• Upvote 1