Rob Lowe says he saw Bigfoot

norseman

Aaaaand yeah, the newest content there is over a year old. They must be either moving in a new direction and have nothing to share yet, or possibly just decided to go dark. It would be a shame if it were the latter.  I was always very interested in Bipto's updates when he was posting, and saw them as one of most likely candidates to crack this nut once and for good.

So broaching this topic on The Tonight Show? Mixed feelings for me, really.  Because yeah, that is a comedic platform, not taken very seriously by anyone. Lowe, assuming he has a legit experience to relate, is a good sport about it, but obviously the whole idea is treated as a real hoot. "You say you saw a Bigfoot..nudge, wink..."  I always say, my gold standard for knowing if the topic has reached a tipping point with the public is when I see it on the cover of Nat Geo with a yellow border around it.  Unless I'm very  much mistaken too, I don't think Nat Geo had any content concerning the PGF around the time it was released, which only shows how wary they were and probably still are. Convincing those editors of the importance of the question would be a significant milestone.  

Thanks for that update.  :)

Skipping blithely over who could crack what with what equipment, I'll just go right on to your second paragraph and say, I don't see wariness as being National Geographic's problem (or the problem of any high-profile publication or person). Pretty sure they're all on the receiving ends of offers they can't refuse. 

16 minutes ago, LeafTalker said:

I don't see wariness as being National Geographic's problem (or the problem of any high-profile publication or person). Pretty sure they're all on the receiving ends of offers they can't refuse. 

That was a very succinct and insightful statement. And most likely hits the nail squarely on the head. Anybody want NatGeo in their corner? It's going to take a very careful and focused plan. Anyone have any ideas for such a plan? If so then a successful execution of that plan would be an enormous achievement.. 

On 7/29/2017 at 6:47 PM, OntarioSquatch said:

The Kiamichi mountains of SE Oklahoma probably has the highest sasquatch population density of anywhere in North America. The area was particularly hot right after they first appeared there in 1997. The most notable event there was the shooting incident that involving local resident Tim Humphreys on his 30 acre property in the outskirts of the town of Honobia

Tim and his brother Michael managed to get photos and videos there that are at least as good as the PGF, but they don't believe it would do much better than the PGF, though they're considering laying everything out one day for people to finally see

Anyway, the NAWAC is legitimate, and they happen to be operating in the same area where the activity is occurring. In other words, they're in the right location

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_county_reports.asp?state=OK&county=Le Flore

Bigfoots didn't appear in Honobia until 1997?

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

That was a very succinct and insightful statement. And most likely hits the nail squarely on the head. Anybody want NatGeo in their corner? It's going to take a very careful and focused plan. Anyone have any ideas for such a plan? If so then a successful execution of that plan would be an enormous achievement.. 

Well, now I'm going to backtrack a little bit and say that, actually, I think YOU were right, hiflier, when you said earlier that Rob Lowe's interest in this could be a good thing. I agree with that, and for all the reasons you cited.

Edited by LeafTalker

Guest OntarioSquatch
5 hours ago, ExTrumpet said:

Bigfoots didn't appear in Honobia until 1997?

It was around 1997 that a very large group of adults suddenly appeared there. That's when the action really started for the local residents of that general area.

Prior to 1997, there was the occasional very rare sighting all around Oklahoma, but not concentrated in anywhere specific in the numbers that we're seeing now from the Kiamichi area.

Edited by OntarioSquatch

Due to this thread, and in honor of Rob Lowe. I watched Wayne's World this evening. Those DirectTV commercials are really good. Scrawny arms Rob Lowe, that was great.....

He is doing something with his kids and providing some entertainment. And while he might truly believe in these things and he could have had an encounter, the show has to go on. And everyone here knows how all these shows puts out crap to make the show interesting and exciting to the viewers. Of course it will be the same kind. I mean really, anyone here who has really done field research knows you could take a years worth of research and probably not have enough interesting stuff to make up just a one hour episode. It really is that boring sometimes. I truly do field research and video/photo and audio analysis work because I love it. Just not enough interesting stuff going on in the real life Bigfoot research world to make enough episodes to carry one season. it would be canceled after the second show probably due to no ratings. It could have been Cory Feldman.

Edited by TritonTr196
  • Upvote 1

While not National Geographic, the magazine National Wildlife did do an article back in the mid-'70's  I think it was....

NAWAC has been removed from their original "area X" (Branson, 10 acre parcel) for going on two (2) years.  They are alleged to have moved ~9 miles east along the K trail to the vicinity of Lynn mountain and/or Phillips mountain. Some of that location is USFS land and some private holdings. 

Scuttlebutt is the K trail from Talihina, east to near the stateline is being improved to accommodate 18-wheelers as it looks like that entire area may soon become a massive wind turbine farm. 

On August 2, 2017 at 5:54 PM, OntarioSquatch said:

It was around 1997 that a very large group of adults suddenly appeared there. That's when the action really started for the local residents of that general area.

Prior to 1997, there was the occasional very rare sighting all around Oklahoma, but not concentrated in anywhere specific in the numbers that we're seeing now from the Kiamichi area.

Standing in the kitchen at Mike Humphrey's home, his father recounted numerous incidents and events, going back generations for the ~183 years Choctaw people have inhabited that area. Multiple incidents where bloodshed occurred on both sides.

On August 2, 2017 at 9:23 PM, wiiawiwb said:

There was an excellent sasquatch show called "Bigfootville", which aired in 2002, about the Kiamichi mountain area of Oklahoma. I still think it is one of the best shows I've seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DImrPsfjwLk

A good portion of that show was in the location (Pumpkin Hollow, below Pensacola Dam at Grand Lake) ~75 miles NE of Tulsa where the two (2) LEO's were firing up the hill at night. These are the same guys that allegedly abandoned their camp in the bottoms while doing a night investigation on the Bulletmaker property in Rogers county a couple years later. He also had a BFRO group up to do the same and stated they instead pitched their tent ~20' from his front porch.

Mr. Harjo supposedly had a good laugh (afterwards) over entertaining Ms. Bear in the SE Oklahoma segment.

And, that's just it as (IMO) it was first and foremost an entertainment piece.

• Upvote 2

I watched the premier episode and it wasn't terrible.  It was a ghostbusters tour of Preston Castle in Ione, CA.  Who knows if their equipment really worked the way it supposedly did on camera.  Voices in the voice box, monitors being set off, a flat ball moving by itself, etc.  It all happened right there that one night!   Most of the entertainment value is in the dialogue between the actors.  It will be a while before they get to the bigfoot episode, but they do show clips of someone shooting into the woods amid excited dialogue.

Incidentally, Preston Castle does tours for $15 with the proceeds going toward renovation of the historic building.

• Registration Desk locked this topic
  • masterbarber unlocked this topic