Neanderthal DNA gets more complicated...

Guest Cricket

Guest Cricket
24 minutes ago, norseman said:

We encourage debate here at the BFF, so long as people remain civil and do not make it personal. I think I'm well within those lines.

I find the Bigfoot hybrid preposterous. Looking at Patty as a hybrid and then imaging a human mating with something much more archaic than Patty to create Patty? Yah....I'd say that hypothesis is problematic.

Even more problematic is that the hybrid hypothesis guts what little evidence we do have about Bigfoot. Meldrum postulates Bigfoot has a much more ape like foot and leaves a "mid tarsal break". Well.....um if Bigfoot is basically human? We have a problem. Night Vision? 8 ft tall and 800 lbs? Infrasound? I won't even go further because it gets weird.

People are frustrated with DNA results.....I get that. But you cannot give a species a ton of non human physical attributes and still call it human. It doesn't work that way in nature.

I wasn't reprimanding you!  Yes, you are within the lines.  Just explaining why I get a bit further into some discussions than others may choose to or think is worthwhile. 

On 7/16/2017 at 0:01 PM, SWWASAS said:

Looking at the human / neanderthal interrelationships,  if you use the general rule of thumb that successful interbreeding of species points directly at close family tree connections,  one only has to find progeny of supposed BF/human hybridization and we can be reasonably certain we and BF are on the same branch of the family tree someplace.    Such progeny are more myth than available for study.    Sykes sure blew the Zana case out of the water which sure seemed like it might produce that connection.  .   

I agree, about finding progeny. And that's what Patrick is (was): the result of the pairing of a human woman and a BF. Who had his own children who may still be alive. Oh, and who is not a myth.

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/biology/fusch.htm

Don't forget about this case either: 

(Also, does anyone know of a translation of this? I'd be very curious...)

Guest Cricket

Frustrating not to be able to understand the narration, BUT the man in the film looks to me to be microcephalic.  What characteristics are believed to be signs of hybridization with BF?  I'm just not seeing it. 

Homo Sapien and Neanderthal interbreeding did occur hence the Neanderthal DNA found among modern Homo Sapiens.

If Homo Sapien and Neanderthal interaction occurred in the typical (violent confrontations) sense, the victors, more often than not, exterminated the males of the losing side and bred their females.

BFF Patron

My DNA testing says I am 1.2 percent Neanderthal.   Most of that is on my Maternal side.    My maternal line came out of Africa 60,000 years after the paternal side did.    Apparently they did more monkeying around with ape men.   

Sorry, I probably should've linked to the shorter version with English narration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZiMknx9wJE

I think the limb proportions, height, gait, skull shape, fact that he struggled to learn Chinese, and the fact that the mother claimed she was raped by a Yeren and this is their child are all reasons to make the connection.

On 7/16/2017 at 0:29 PM, norseman said:

I find the Bigfoot hybrid preposterous. Looking at Patty as a hybrid and then imaging a human mating with something much more archaic than Patty to create Patty? Yah....I'd say that hypothesis is problematic.

Humans have had relations with all sorts of creatures.  I don't find it THAT preposterous.  If we could breed successfully with other animals we'd have ALL sorts of hybrids running/flying around a la the island of Dr. Moreau.

Please don't make me provide links!  ;-)

Guest Cricket
5 hours ago, ioyza said:

Sorry, I probably should've linked to the shorter version with English narration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZiMknx9wJE

I think the limb proportions, height, gait, skull shape, fact that he struggled to learn Chinese, and the fact that the mother claimed she was raped by a Yeren and this is their child are all reasons to make the connection.

Thanks, I'll watch that with those features in mind......

8 hours ago, ioyza said:

Good find! I went looking for something like that (an English-language version), couldn't find anything, and gave up. Glad you didn't!

And Cotter, yeah, I don't find it preposterous, either. (Good to see you here.)

Edited by LeafTalker

Obviously a birth defect and an ashamed mother. Quite sad really.

Anyway, thanks for sharing.

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin

Guest Cricket
1 hour ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Obviously a birth defect and an ashamed mother. Quite sad really.

Anyway, thanks for sharing.

I agree, it appears to be some kind of pathology or pathologies.  Who knows how old he is in the film.  While he is lanky, the microencephaly I think creates the impression that he is lankier than he may be.  Also, people can be born missing cervical vertebra.  There was a student who went to my high school who had such a condition, and had essentially no neck at all. 

Microencephaly (or microcephaly) is associated with dwarfism, not with unusual height and unusually long arms and legs. The individual in that film clearly did not have dwarfism in his portfolio.

He's an interesting figure.

Thanks again for finding that video, ioyza!