Forget about a body...what about one decent pic?

Guest Starling

21 hours ago, xspider1 said:

"Good luck.  These animals are apparently far more intelligent than any other animal that we know of and they are obviously at risk from humans (who can be very stupid.)  It's really no wonder that they evade detection so effectively. "

She seemed to have evaded detection by many PGf skeptics/skoftics, no?  Did you miss all of the experiences described above (for many, many years) in which elusive animals, when surprised, very often just walk away?  Suggesting that Patty was mentally challenged is somewhat crass imo, and that is not what I expected in terms of intelligent conversation.  :huh:  

I hope I haven't offended your delicate sensibilities too much spidey. The fact remains that you can't make a blanket claim of super stealth if you want to count a sighting as likely. Hopefully you understand that not all real creatures are created equal? If squatch are real they've had variations and mutations just like all other creatures, some smarter or faster than others. Remember the Bossberg cripple - real or fake?

26 minutes ago, ohiobill said:

The fact remains that you can't make a blanket claim of super stealth if you want to count a sighting as likely.

Silly person ... of course you can ... and I do.   Super stealth does not preclude mistakes, that requires super stealth and incredible diligence.   Unintended convergences have happened (example: the PGF) and will continue to.   Likewise, super stealth does not preclude **deliberate choice** which appears to happen as well.   The fact that they haven't happened to YOU ... bad location, bad timing, ineptitude, or just haven't beaten the odds yet?   Don't know.   Look at it another way: I'm still waiting for a winning powerball ticket.   We know SOMEONE wins sometimes.   Me not winning doesn't prove powerball is a hoax.   You not seeing bigfoot doesn't prove they're a hoax either.

MIB

• Upvote 3

Quick thumbs-up to ioyza, JKH, and LeafTalker ... absolutely agree on the moniker "long term witness".   As you have almost certainly observed, in "habituation" situations, it is more often than not the humans, not the bigfoots, whose behavior is conditioned / changed.    We're the habituated, not the habituator.   One of you mentioned Enoch ... when Mike overstepped boundaries, he's the one that got pitched in the creek, not the other way around.   He was the one whose behavior was being conditioned.   I'm ok with the term habituation so long as the irony is recognized, also because when it refers to the setting, it remains accurate no matter who is being habituated.

Such people are amazing resources, especially for each other, but I find what they are willing to share, when they are willing to share, very useful myself.   When the pieces fit together and match the existing parts of the puzzle ... the pieces fit together and match the existing parts of the puzzle.   It just is what it is.

MIB

• Upvote 3

Thanks for sharing about the tiger study, Cricket. I'd seen the short docu online some time ago, then it was unavailable, so I sorta forgot about it. Very educational and moving.

As time went by, he learned to “read the white book” of the forest.

Anyway, didn't mean to drift from the topic so far, but pointing out that some respectful research has been done. It continues to be in many ways, have posted this link before. Her work seems to be a sequel to the ill-fated EP, and I think not making the same errors in assuming the necessity of "proof".

http://www.sybillairwin.com/blogs/its-time-to-share-some-of-the-happenings-from-my-neck-of-the-woods

1 hour ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

That makes perfect sense to me. Thanks for the reminder and pointing it out.

Bossburg tracks are fake perpetrated by Ivan Marx.  Was almost convincing with Krantz's explanation.

Went to far with a hoax film .

http://bigfootbase.com/bigfoot-articles-insight/recasting-infamous-cripplefoot-tracks-1969/2016/

Its plausible that a real crippled Bigfoot left tracks in Bossburg which gave Marx the idea for the film.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ohiobill said:

I hope I haven't offended your delicate sensibilities too much spidey. The fact remains that you can't make a blanket claim of super stealth if you want to count a sighting as likely.

Your post is lame compared to the excellent posts that preceded and followed it, ob.  Please don't concern yourself with my "delicate sensibilities", that's noyb.  The 'super stealth vs never, ever be seen' argument is tired and has been tried here many times before.  Skeptics/Skoftics will need to do much better if they are ever to debunk the PGf and Bigfoot.  T or F? 

10 minutes ago, norseman said:

Its plausible that a real crippled Bigfoot left tracks in Bossburg which gave Marx the idea for the film.

Also plausible he faked the footprints and the film.  This was one of my favorite pieces of evidence. I had it right behind the Patterson film. Then after further reading and study and speaking with others. I am reasonably convinced the tracks are as fake as the Marx film.

2 hours ago, MIB said:

Quick thumbs-up to ioyza, JKH, and LeafTalker ... absolutely agree on the moniker "long term witness".   As you have almost certainly observed, in "habituation" situations, it is more often than not the humans, not the bigfoots, whose behavior is conditioned / changed.    We're the habituated, not the habituator.   One of you mentioned Enoch ... when Mike overstepped boundaries, he's the one that got pitched in the creek, not the other way around.   He was the one whose behavior was being conditioned.   I'm ok with the term habituation so long as the irony is recognized, also because when it refers to the setting, it remains accurate no matter who is being habituated.

Such people are amazing resources, especially for each other, but I find what they are willing to share, when they are willing to share, very useful myself.   When the pieces fit together and match the existing parts of the puzzle ... the pieces fit together and match the existing parts of the puzzle.   It just is what it is.

MIB

Encouraging those suffering mentally, not a good thing.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Encouraging those suffering mentally, not a good thing.

Oddly enough, they don't seem to be suffering.   Project much?   ... 'cause I hear no sounds of anguish but .. yours.   They offer info, might be right, might be wrong, but it's on topic and worth thinking about.   You ... not so much.   You just sit back firing distracting, off-topic, snarky personal attacks that have nothing to do with bigfoot.    It wouldn't matter, for what you contribute, if this were about golf instead of bigfoot, it'd be the same thing, it's all about belittling other people to make yourself feel better.   

Given a choice I'd pick spending my time with these "mentally suffering" :) people every single time.  

MIB

• Upvote 3

Mental suffering? Come on now, I've been out of grad school for years.

MIB, spot on about the humans being the habituated. Remember the circumstances leading to Mike being tossed into his boat? He'd put up trail cams all over the area, and the presence he felt all weekend was menacing, so much so that he thought it was a different BF. It wasn't until Autumn told him to take them all down immediately that Enoch hesitantly came back into camp - but Mike pushed his luck again, and paid for it.

20 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Also plausible he faked the footprints and the film.  This was one of my favorite pieces of evidence. I had it right behind the Patterson film. Then after further reading and study and speaking with others. I am reasonably convinced the tracks are as fake as the Marx film.

Ray Wallace faked feet, simple wooden boards with square toes. Lots of really intelligent people said that the club foot would be very hard to be faked by a layman.

Dunno.

Lots of stories up here both ways. I like science.

11 hours ago, MIB said:

Oddly enough, they don't seem to be suffering.   Project much?   ... 'cause I hear no sounds of anguish but .. yours.   They offer info, might be right, might be wrong, but it's on topic and worth thinking about.   You ... not so much.   You just sit back firing distracting, off-topic, snarky personal attacks that have nothing to do with bigfoot.    It wouldn't matter, for what you contribute, if this were about golf instead of bigfoot, it'd be the same thing, it's all about belittling other people to make yourself feel better.   

Given a choice I'd pick spending my time with these "mentally suffering" :) people every single time.  

MIB

Here, MIB. Accept this bowl of garlic as a peace offering.

• Upvote 2

9,005 posts Inc1? Boy what some folks won't do or say to surpass a certain science-bashing, albeit erstwhile, proponent ;)

2 hours ago, norseman said:

Ray Wallace faked feet, simple wooden boards with square toes. Lots of really intelligent people said that the club foot would be very hard to be faked by a layman.

Dunno.

Lots of stories up here both ways. I like science.

I completely agree. I believe with reading and thinking outside of the box a hoax is a real possibility. Not an easy feat by no means. As I said I was and am impressed by the prints. 

Certainly no longer as I once was. Nothing compares to the Patterson film. 

Only someone like you can shock the world and shut down skeptical doubters like me.

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin

• masterbarber pinned this topic
  • masterbarber unpinned this topic