Forget about a body...what about one decent pic?

Guest Starling

On 7/28/2017 at 7:35 PM, norseman said:

Ray Wallace faked feet, simple wooden boards with square toes. Lots of really intelligent people said that the club foot would be very hard to be faked by a layman.

Dunno.

Lots of stories up here both ways. I like science.

One way I like to look at something like that: What are the odds of someone that decided they were going to make some fake Bigfoot tracks would think to themselves "I'll think I'll make one of the tracks a club foot."  

OkieFoot, I'm not sure how to interpret your comment. As for me, I think it not unusual at all that someone would fashion a "cripple-foot" board.

Incorrigible, I'm not aware of any other possible BF trackways that displayed a clubfoot so it just seemed to me like an unusual detail for an average Bigfoot hoaxer to think of, especially if no one else prior to Nov. 1969 had reported finding clubfooted tracks. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I just hadn't heard of other trackways showing a clubfoot. Not that I'm up on Bigfoot trackways but a clubfoot track has to be very uncommon.

On 7/24/2017 at 4:41 PM, hiflier said:

That would be great JustAGuy! The photo was actually taken in 1975 and to tell you the truth I've not been able to even find a newspaper called the San Mateo San Bruno Herald. Hopefully you'll hve better luck- it may be defunct without a public archive available so good luck in your search. This guy John Beckjord (Beckford?) interviewed a Joe Speck at the timr. Here is the report:

"Joe Speck showed Beckjord a super 8 film taken from a stream bed in Samuel P. Taylor State Park, showing a dark bipedal animal. He said he was taking a nature-type test film for a television show when he heard a "screech-neigh" and looked around for a horse. He saw a large grey-black bipedal animal, massive, striding slowly over logs in large steps and uttering this sound. Height estimated 87 feet. Film out of focus at extreme zoom. Shows profile of manlike animal with upper part mostly hidden by leaves, taking four steps. An indistinct full frontal shot shows blurred massive black bipedal being. Walk reminiscent of Patterson film, but slower. Animal much wider than it is thick. NOTE: Al Chase, Daly City, has a snapshot taken in 1975 near Alpine Lake in Marin Cty (lake not on map) showing distant figure that could be a sasquatch. Picture in San Mateo San Bruno Herald, July 13, 1979.)"

hiflier note: Mr. Chase's snapshot of the 8 ft.heavy-looking dark-haired creature was taken on an early morning in 1975 according to the full report.

I have an update on the San Bruno Herald article and photo for you, hiflier. It's a mixed bag.

The good news is that the San Bruno Public Library has the archives of the San Bruno Herald. I retrieved the article you wanted, and the page containing the July 13, 1979 Bigfoot article is attached to this post.

The bad news is that the articles were poorly scanned, and the images that accompany them are worthless.

I don't know if the original printed newspapers are still available, and did not have time to ask the reference librarian, who was tied up w/a patron.

The library did not have access to any original photos, reporters notes, etc. 

Not the best answer, but it is what it is.

Month JULY page 75.pdf

Yep, it is what it is. Hey, your efforts in this are very much appreciated, JustAGuy. Hopefully it wasn't to much of a pain in the neck to do. I did notice that the size of the 'creature' in the photo's caption stated 10 feet tall. I think it's good to know that this kind of stuff is still out there on record and you have proved that it is. Gotta love the circle drawn around the subject ;) Now guess what? I get to research for the anthropology professor at the University of California mentioned in the caption who at the time "specializes" in Bigfoot. Not because of what's in the photo but because I simply want to know who it was. Thank you again for your time and work on this, J. I'll return the favor too if you need something similar from me.

Edited by hiflier

• masterbarber unpinned this topic