Analytical Research - Sightings Database Part 2

BobbyO

SSR Team
On 9/3/2017 at 5:27 PM, bipedalist said:

Amazing how all stacked west of I-5 for the most part?  At least in that slice of pic above.  Don't think that would be the case in Washington state? 

Bear in mind B that these reports are specific counties and that may influence that lack of reports East of the 5, don't know for sure off the top of my head however but i'd say that would highly likely be why it is..

WA is spread well, lots of reports both sides of the Highway all the way down.

SSR Team
On 9/3/2017 at 4:25 PM, gigantor said:

So you have areas where there are sightings only in the summer / fall.  Then there are areas where there are sightings all year round.

sm1.PNG

Why do you think that is?

That be the question huh ?

I have no idea, the numbers don't weigh as heavily in to the summer camping/hiking witness reports as i'd have thought they would.

Yes both witness activities are the most common in the summer months, but that's expected given the weather conditions. 

If we were to split the seasons and utilize the cluster map in it's true form (zoom out) we start to get a better picture of the "where's".

There are clear clusters in specific areas all year round (except winter with the low data set but even with that, and not solely, literally right on the coast seems favorable and that is something i know that Mr Cutino subscribes to further up the coast in WA in the winter).

As to the "Why's ?", i think we'd then need to break it down more and delve further locally.

Flora/Fauna, Food and Water availability etc...

Specifics.

There is one other thing here though Guys that must be noted.

There isn't a public report out there in this area for just over 5 years now.

Nada.

NorCal OR Winter cluster.jpg

NorCal OR Summer cluster.jpg

NorCal OR Spring cluster.jpg

NorCal OR Fall cluster.jpg

BFF Patron

Thanks BobbyO I thought it might be county kurtosis at play.  I know there are the Blue Mtns and the N. Cascades and Selkirks at work out there too, even based on one of your most recent Ferry Co., WA writeups of a BFRO report today. 

48 minutes ago, BobbyO said:

There is one other thing here though Guys that must be noted.

There isn't a public report out there in this area for just over 5 years now.

Uh, sorry ... I missed something.   Specifically, which area is that?  The picture seemed to be SW Oregon / NW California but the discussion seems to be Washington.  I might have something to add, I might not.  I need to be sure the context is correct so I don't say something misleading.

MIB

SSR Team

Yeah, what i liked about that new one was again, sighting on homestead and even though it wasn't technically in Winter, it was described as "cold"with snowfall the previous night too.

That is starting to become a trend now for northern, colder states at that time of year.

2 minutes ago, MIB said:

Uh, sorry ... I missed something.   Specifically, which area is that?  The picture seemed to be SW Oregon / NW California but the discussion seems to be Washington.  I might have something to add, I might not.  I need to be sure the context is correct so I don't say something misleading.

MIB

Sorry MIB, Biped just starting talking about WA a couple of posts up. The maps are of NorCal and Southern OR yes and that is what i'm saying doesn't have a public report for 5 years now.

BFF Patron

Right, the tree peeker and homestead on abandoned logging operations of long-term.  I think the topography at work was steep as the homestead was in the bottom of a ravine too.  Gotta wonder if the absent curtains fed into the voyeuristic circumstances.   Also, the presence of dogs one of whom obviously met its demise without being consumed.   Dog meet BF circumstance.  Black bear are known to dispatch small dogs without eating them too however. 

BobbyO ... thanks, gotcha. 

Looking at the map with dots, I had to laugh because my own BFRO report is on there.  :)   Nope, I won't say publicly which one it was.  :) 

There is something odd in the numbers.   There aren't enough winter reports for the number of spring, summer, and fall reports unless we are missing the boat and the report numbers are even more strongly influenced by seasonal changes in human activities, that is, the witnesses, not the witnessed.

MIB

SSR Team

Is the location good ? ;)

And you're absolutely right MIB, plus for Winter there's only one report since 2001, with just 11 overall.

Combining all areas of each State (CA and OR) however, we have a total of 62 reports which make up just under 10% of all reports which isn't too out of the ordinary when compared to other cold States.

WA is at 12%

IL is at 16%

ID is at 7%

WI is at 11%

My report location?   My impression is changing.    Didn't use to think so, figured it was a "junk" find, just coincidence.   Its got a lot in common with the nest site the OP is investigating.   Never found nests, but never looked.    General area?   I can't think of a better place to be.   There are others equally good but none better.

MIB

• Upvote 1

Admin
5 hours ago, MIB said:

There is something odd in the numbers.   There aren't enough winter reports for the number of spring, summer, and fall reports unless we are missing the boat and the report numbers are even more strongly influenced by seasonal changes in human activities, that is, the witnesses, not the witnessed.

MIB, your point of view is one to look at it and its probably correct.

Another way to look at it is that, which could also be correct, is that the subject is not in certain areas during winter times...  I don't know which one is right, but I think this alternative is just as valid.

During winter, it should be easier to find evidence of BF via tracks, kills, etc...

5 minutes ago, gigantor said:

During winter, it should be easier to find evidence of BF via tracks, kills, etc...

QFT

Agreed, should be.   Since we are not, one (or more) of the assumptions is wrong.    There are a number of seemingly common, or at least often repeated, assumptions I no longer agree with.

I said assumption, not observation.   :)   Existence is not in question, that is a matter of observation, not assumption.  

Beyond that, more or less.  However, I still prefer an F&B solution and I'd prefer to leave aliens and interdimensional things out of the mix, at least until they are unavoidably necessary to address field observation.  

Certain "camps" within the bigfoot world place their own arbitrary requirements, their dogma, about what bigfoot can and can't be, what it must and must not do, etc. with no scientific basis.  In fact, there are counter examples such knotheads refuse to see because acknowledging the counter-example challenges the dogma.    They claim to be "scientific" but they are the farthest thing from it.   Rather, I suggest letting the questions lead and just follow whatever answers come without pre-judging and cherry picking.  

MIB

• Upvote 1

Admin

I'm really glad you like observations.

One of which, is that there are year-round sightings in only certain areas....