Ketchum DNA report revisited

norseman

Right, hiflier. As I understand it, he submitted two samples. The first was from the Sasquatch individual(s) he killed. The second was from a bear -- a switch he made deliberately when he realized he could be brought up on murder charges if the truth about the first sample were discovered. Hence, the apparent discrepancy.

I admire you for not "forgetting", hiflier!

No, you're still thrashing on the surface missing the point.  Ignore the story for a while.   Dig deeper than that.  Figure out who Justin is.   The person.  "Where he comes from."  Until you truly understand the person, you can't understand what he's shared.  Not really.  You may delude yourself into thinking you do, it's easy to pass judgment, especially easy if you're not constrained by truth.

I haven't seen anything that raises any red flags.   With an insider perspective instead of judgmental outsider perspective regarding his world, the things folks are finding fault with actually substantiate the story.   .. but the judgmental aren't attuned enough to see it.   Maybe they don't want to be.

MIB

The story I heard about the sasquatch/bear sample, from someone that was very closely involved in the project, was that the one he sent Melba was the same as other samples she tested, that were determined to be sasquatch. Then, as LT says, he got worried that it would be proven to be human & demanded that she return it to him. She refused & that was when he came up with bear samples that he sent to other labs in order to discredit her. There were pictures comparing the sasquatch sample to the bear sample, & they looked nothing alike.

Guest OntarioSquatch

Justin Smeja had no problem admitting that the DNA was human when he was on a TV show. The problem is that Ketchum was running a scam, and would have told him it was human regardless of what that sample actually was. 

As for the shooting incident, I’m convinced it happened very much like he said it did based on the research that was done in that area afterwards by Bart Cutino and others. For those who were there and did the research, it quicky became clear that he being honest.

The odd part is that Smeja and his friend never found the body of the adult even though it fell only a short distance from them after it got up and tried to run away. 

Edited by OntarioSquatch

Thanks for clarifying, Sasfooty. Apologies for getting a critical detail quite wrong. This part of the whole story is so stomach-turning that I find it difficult to study it as closely as I should.  

11 hours ago, OntarioSquatch said:

Justin Smeja had no problem admitting that the DNA was human when he was on a TV show.

That show was long after he thought there was any danger of him being prosecuted for murder.

The odd part is that Smeja and his friend never found the body of the adult even though it fell only a short distance from them after it got up and tried to run away. 

Yeah. Isn't that amazing? :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

He would have never been prosecuted for murder. That internet theory is hilarious. Instead of discussing current Bigfoot research this old crap is still talked about. Theorizing on it will never change the fact that all of it was flawed and nothing ever came of it and nothing ever will from that camp. A waste of time, money, and ruined some peoples careers because of their unscrupulous methods. Made liars out of others. Debating it at this point and time will never change those facts no matter what side of the fence you're on.

• Upvote 1

Justin Smeja is obviously a wildlife poacher who got his 15 seconds of fame for claiming he shot Bigfoot, when it would appear he shot a bear.....

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, norseman said:

Justin Smeja is obviously a wildlife poacher who got his 15 seconds of fame for claiming he shot Bigfoot, when it would appear he shot a bear.....

Getting warmer.

I'd summarize, based on his story, that he was indeed poaching when he ran into, and shot, 2 bigfoots.  Chickened out.  Left.   He went back 6-7 weeks later with some known bigfooters, recovered something from under the snow which turned out to be bear, and sent a sample of that to Ketchum who lied about the results of testing.  

That can be substantiated by careful study of what each person has said ... including some who were arguing back and forth, not cooperating.   All anyone has to do is take the time and make the effort to review the past threads here, various youtube vids, and so on.   This explanation fits and accounts for everything.  All other explanations require careful cherrypicking ... including deliberately ignoring ... information.  

MIB

• Upvote 1

Guest OntarioSquatch

His friend who was with him during the incident gave a video interview as well, and seemed to be honest based on his words and how spoke them. There were also other hints like Bart Cutino secretly listening to one of their private convos in which they spoke to each other about it in a way that indicated it was real event. 

It’s a shame that Melba Ketchum had to get involved, and create confusion. Unfortunately, the confusion she created extends to peoples understanding the phenomenon in general, not just the JS shooting incident. 

Edited by OntarioSquatch

There is no evidence to believe two bigfoot were shot by Smeja.

Just a lot of hot air, except I guess the lie detector test that Smeja passed. But reasons were given for that. Twisted people with no regrets evidently pass them all the time.

I bet if he failed the lie detector test you would be telling us, in a New York minute, how important that was and was proof he was lying from the start.

Edited by wiiawiwb

BFF Patron

Ooh, we got a tough bifurcated, bivariate and bidirectional crowd in this small pond bipedalist resides in!

Edited to add substance, that BF is alive and well (not so much with Smeja if you believe him, I don't) with or without Smeja and Ketchum.

You can bank on that!

(and to add:  Bart Cutino is a nice chap, but he adds nothing to this conversation if you ask me, other than he was game on getting in on the game that many other BF top echelon had on their radar too)  Hell even John Mioncyznski got his coyote licks in, (rather smells)!

Oh, and GO DODGER BLUE!

Edited by bipedalist

11 minutes ago, wiiawiwb said:

I bet if he failed the lie detector test you would be telling us, in a New York minute, how important that was and was proof he was lying from the start.

Not really.

It is not nor will ever be a dead Bigfoot. 

BFF Patron
21 hours ago, OntarioSquatch said:

Justin Smeja had no problem admitting that the DNA was human when he was on a TV show. The problem is that Ketchum was running a scam, and would have told him it was human regardless of what that sample actually was. 

As for the shooting incident, I’m convinced it happened very much like he said it did based on the research that was done in that area afterwards by Bart Cutino and others. For those who were there and did the research, it quicky became clear that he being honest.

This is not strange at all is it just part of an endemic, bold lie!

Ketchum has a track record that anyone that starts at the beginning can follow to the end and see that to place trust in such a businessperson is in fact inviting the scam!

We have seen in the past, where big=named BF researchers sign=on to scams on a longitudinal basis.  This part of the field WILL NOT change!

Maybe Disotell will be the great equalizer?!  (sarcasm)

Edited by bipedalist