Bigfoot range and population speculation thread.

Twist

T,

The last few posts on the habituation issue are replicas of basically every thread/post ever published with each distilling back down to the old no-kill vs. pro-kill camps. I do apologize for my part in contributing to such.

Agreed, there have been those that have "come out" into the public domain with the book "50 Years With Bigfoot" coming to mind.

However, know this, there are those out there engaged in a situation of regular interaction and no amount of cajoling, harumps or hand-wringing will ever cause their situation to ever see the light of day on a forum such as this one.

1 hour ago, Yuchi1 said:

It's really amusing to see pro-killers get wound up tighter than a 30-day clock over why on earth people with ongoing interaction don't want outsiders in the loop.

The pro-killers salve their ego by taking a measure of satisfaction from habituators being outed. IMO, a measure of jealousy is in play as they are continuously engaged in something the former can only dream of, probably waking up in the deep, dark watches of the night screaming "why not me!"

There is hope though as maybe one of you may have a Smeja moment. Would be interesting though to see how you/they handle things post-DNA analysis. 

Nothing in my previous posts have anything to do with pro kill......

You have a real problem in your perception of people.

Yuchi? If you told me you have Bigfeet on your property and you swore me to secrecy? Id keep your secret. And I would never ever consider trespassing on your property! And I would never ever consider shooting a bigfoot on your property even if you gave me permission to hunt deer there. Because I know how you feel about it. Your the property owner your wishes would be respected. If I cannot handle that then I should stay away.

Im an honorable person, which may ring hollow on a internet forum. But all of my Squatch hunting is done on public lands. I dont stalk people and their property looking to shoot a Bigfoot out from under them.

But there are lots of people out there with BIG mouths. 

If your habituating Bigfoot on your property and dont want people knowing about it? The answer is simple....shut up, dont talk.

The fact that they do talk about it? Means they are either dumb or they really DO want to draw attention to themselves!

I will not say another word on this.

• Upvote 1

Guest OntarioSquatch

So far, every report of "habituation" that I've evaluated turned out to be a hoax. Of the reports that I consider authentic, the one that comes closest to "habituation" is very different from most would imagine

As cool as habituation may sound, it may be worth considering the possibility that the potential for it may be just another illusion, and that it persists due to our lack of understanding of the phenomenon

I can only think of a few reasons why Bigfoot would habituate someone. Mainly, if you have livestock or another food source. I know they are inquisitive and come around someones house sometimes just to check things out, but that isn't habituation. Or maybe you just built a house way out and it's close to one of their daily or every so often paths they use and it looks that way, until they get wise and not use that trail anymore if you don't have a product they want. Can't think of much else. To me Bigfoot doesn't have time to spend spying on someone just for no reason and no product. Bigfoot has to eat and has no time to play around if you don't have a food source. They can't stand around all day and night without running around trying to find food. If not for things like that, if they are hanging around that much it's probably you or your kids they want. I'm one of those firm believers you should never try to attract these things with peanut butter and apples, ect to get them to hang around your home. Just asking for trouble. I don't even try to attract them with food in the field, much less my home.

Can you imagine what your 10 acres would look like if a troupe of Bigfoot moved in? I could imagine it being devoid of vegetation and lots o'poo on the ground. Maybe a few stray cat bones laying around.

Maybe the people feed em?

10 hours ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Odd not a single habituator willing to divulge anything new. Other than sharing garlic.

What I find odd is that while you apparently have an opinion on everything (leading poster of all time on BFF) yet, a working knowledge of anything BF related appears nonexistent. In looking up the definition of busy body.....

• Upvote 4

Wow. Thanks for reminding us about this story, JDL. I remember pretty much all of it, because it was very interesting to me when you first told it (and when you told other parts of it).

And I'm sooooo glad that the wife reads these posts, because that means there's now an opportunity to invite her, once again (I've said this before, about her situation, so she may have seen these words already), to consider that she may have been consistently misinterpreting the actions of her hairy visitors for years. 

This is not uncommon. Most humans respond to things they don't understand in a fearful way. So she is not alone in this.

It's important to remember, however, that fear distorts things. 

It is my opinion that the apparently heightened presence that the BF seemed to have when her husband was ill was a reflection of their concern for her: not a rubbing of their hands in glee that the obstacle to their domination of that property was about to be removed. 

An old man is not an obstacle for a BF. A BF who wants to eat you for dinner will eat you in a heartbeat, whether you're small, tall, old, or young. BF carry off deer and elk and hogs in one hand, or slung over their shoulders. 

We weigh a lot less than full-grown hogs and elk.  :-)

I believe they had no interest in harming her. I think it was quite the contrary. They had lived side by side with her for a loooong time, and they understood the stress she was under. That concerned them for her, and made them forget that physically being visible to her could increase, and not alleviate, her stress. 

When has THAT happened before? There are many stories of humans -- forget BF -- reaching out to help other humans, and having their advances rebuffed, because they were misunderstood. 

But anyway, I'm glad the wife accepts and values the mystery. I think the only thing that could make all that even better is to accept, to understand, that there is no need to fear that mystery. She knows this, somewhere. I just wish her greater ease in embracing what she already knows. 

Here's a great interview that Michael Merchant just did with a long-term witness that I think the wife might like. It explains a lot of things and covers a lot of bases (but you have to listen through to the end to get to the most interesting part). :)

Oh, and I think the title is a bit of a joke. Please don't be deterred by it. The video is about anything BUT what the first part of the title claims it is.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-QWL6pwC9M&t

• Upvote 2

It's always interesting to hear accounts such as this JDL but really just raises more questions in my mind.  One being, why would these particular BF not maintain the elusiveness that we are constantly told they maintain thus avoiding discovery?

Since  you have been to the site, did they have crops growing that were being pilfered, was there something specific about the location that would convince this group to interact with humans?  Did they have outbuildings with any motion sensors ?   Has anyone suggested placing trail cams around the property so as to discourage BF from showing up?  Apparently that has been nearly a flawless way to eliminate any BF activity. 

They have fruit trees and a garden, as well as a small water feature with fish and frogs.  They also have a salt lick for the deer.  They did have some external cameras set up a few years ago, but don't pay much attention to them and seem to be confounded when it comes to accessing recorded footage.  When they mounted the cameras, the house-slapping behavior did stop.

I think it was a matter of topography, the availability of food, and the low human population on that part of the Lake.

They would apparently show up for three to six weeks at a time, during which the deer in the area would make themselves scarce.

The activity cycle is much different now.

JDL,

Your post(s) indicate that "habituation" may be more accurately supplanted with "interaction" in that these entities remained in the area, engaged in surveillance and opportunity to snipe food items. The fact these people wish to remain anonymous speaks to the truthfulness of their situation.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

There is a funny relationship the habituators seem to have with the resident BF.   At first the humans are scared to death.    Then interaction develops,  with at least mutual acceptance.     Perhaps animal feed is being consumed or chickens go missing but that is tolerated.   Then at some point the humans go protective.    Looks all the world like a Stockholm Syndrome thing to me.    But it can turn ugly when humans stop feeding BF if they have started that.    Don't feed the wild animals is probably applicable to BF too.  Who knows what damage to them might result.     Someone mentioned leaving out sweet sticky rolls.      Can you imagine what refined sugar would to to BF teeth?   Anyway efforts to introduce myself into such situations are always rejected.     Protective?   Maybe.    Whole thing made up?   Good possibility.   One cannot be for sure since most humans that claim to be involved simply fade away at some point and stop communicating.    If anyone had the opportunity to get pictures, it would be these people,   but they seem unable or unwilling to do that.  

• Upvote 1

I was really looking forward to hear more theories on range and population.

Maybe there should be a habituation thread? If not, my 2 cents....hard to believe habituators and that there are these hidden photos out there that prove existence. As many crazy people as there are out there....someone would break someone's trust to steal the picture and go public themselves.

• Upvote 1