New pictures of tree formations

ShadowBorn

Was out in my area where I have had my encounters with my son this weekend. It has been a couple months since I have been out in these woods and felt that I needed to go out scout for deer before der season. So myself and my son started walking along this dried up creek bed and found our first giant tree formation in this area. All the other tree formations have been small one's but never as big as this one. So the idea or my theory is that we might have an adult in this area that made this tree formation. As we were making our way out into the thick brush I heard a faint woop so I wooped back to see if I could get a response but deal. But I did take a photo of this tree formation with my son in the middle who stand at about 5' 4" Here is the photo :

here is the next photo with my son in the middle

20170820_130037 (2).jpg

There were a lot of deer tracks moving through this area , mostly doe's and no bucks and some fawns. we also found a bent over tree that looked strange that was not in this area before. here is a picture of it as well :

20170820_130850.jpg20170820_130037 (2).jpg

We also found these rocks that were large in this open field where deer were crossing through. The strange thing about these rocks is that they had scratch marks on them. Now this is an assumption but my thought is that these creatures must have long nails since the rocks have scratches on them. Here is a picture of one of the rocks I have found and I have even picked up up and brought it home with me.

• Upvote 3

Hi ShadowBorn. Thanks for posting those photos. I didn't see the rock scratches one but look forward to it if you can get it uploaded at some point. That is a very large structure indeed and the interlacing at the top is spectacular. Was I you or someone else that mentioned the summer seasonal activity of stick structure building followed by higher creature activity in the Fall? Believe it or not I've already got my head planning into next Spring for the usual reasons ;) 

Edited by hiflier

Admin

Now that is a formation that is plausibly not made naturally, thanks for posting it.

I suppose who done it will be the question...  is there any evidence of tool use at the base of the trees? Some pics of the base of the trees would be really cool!

Thanks for sharing. Most plausible explanation is of course is human 

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin

That is an interesting structure.  I'm curious as to Gigas question regarding the basis.  Are they broke off, rotted off, or shoe signs of tool usage.   I'm always inclined to lean towards natural formation or  man made. 

Hows the weather on your side of the state lately SB?  Been rather chilly here given its only August.  

For some reason the server is not letting me load more pictures of what I have photographed. But the base of these trees are rotted and have been placed there . They look like they were found from some where else ad placed there except for one of the tree that was rotted at the base and was or seems to be pushed over to start the structure.  But the other parts of the structure I am not sure from where they came from.  The weather on my side of Michigan has been real cool lately which is very unusual for August.

20170820_130113.jpg

20170820_130926.jpg

sorry for the off focus picture

• Upvote 1

Guest Sasdave

Intresting pics. Have seen some what similar structures in our woods here on Vancouver island. One of them is about 1/4 to 1/2 that size finished. From a distance it looks like a small hill. It is in what used to be a swamp. The other one that was seen by a friend was deeper in the woods, she was unable to get close to it as there were a very large amount of trees pulled down enclosing the area, it was a little bit larger in size then the first one mentioned. Have not been out in the woods lately so don't know if there are new structures in my area.

Edited by Sasdave
Incomple sentance mistake

Admin

No tool use, interesting...  plussed.

21 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

For some reason the server is not letting me load more pictures of what I have photographed

There is a limit to how many pics you can upload per post. Just post three at a time in successive posts and the system will merge them together...

Can you post the rock pic with scratches?  Thanks!

On 8/24/2017 at 5:00 PM, ioyza said:

Oh of course. I'd be hard-pressed to come up with a reason for any person NOT to spend their time going to the woods making things like that. I guess that's why we see these things all over the country in the same basic archetypes and patterns, because everyone's bored of their iPhones and fidget spinners and everyone's into building tree structures. Kids these days.

Either that or made by a mythical creature. I wonder which one. 

On 8/24/2017 at 2:00 PM, ioyza said:

Oh of course. I'd be hard-pressed to come up with a reason for any person NOT to spend their time going to the woods making things like that. I guess that's why we see these things all over the country in the same basic archetypes and patterns, because everyone's bored of their iPhones and fidget spinners and everyone's into building tree structures. Kids these days.

When i was a kid i built em all the time. Even as an adult I build them...

I dont put a lot of stock in dead saplings stacked up. I get more excited when I see a green sapling twisted off 10 feet in the air with no reasonable natural explanation as to why.

If Bigfoot is building stick structures i would like to know why. They obviously are not meant for shelter. What purpose do they serve? And do we have accounts of people watching Bigfoot build them?

IMG_0482.JPG

2 hours ago, norseman said:

If Bigfoot is building stick structures i would like to know why.

That is the big question. There are some with presumable purposes (shelter or traps), but for the most part, no. But if humans are building them, I still want to know why. The structure in your pic looks like it has a purpose. Have you ever bent 40 ft pines into arches? Curved and weaved them through standing trees? Built teepees which would not provide shelter as the one ShadowBorn found? Did you work with trees that big as a kid? 

Have you guys spent any time watching any #projectgoandsee stuff on Youtube, specifically Colorado Bigfoot? He's in areas that don't even open until mid-June because of snow, 7-10 miles off trail, finding stuff that is frankly mind-blowing. And what a coincidence, these are areas where you have encounters. Or vice versa - I've had areas with interaction where structures like these appear.

I'm with you in wanting to know why, and we can vaguely speculate that they're symbolic markers of some kind, but whether we know their purpose or not, I'm of the mindset to quit beating around the bush so to speak as to who's making them. And PG, yeah, mythical creatures, I know, stick to your guns with that, go nuts.

Me and my buddies would yes. We played with making snares and structures and run off to the next thing. Sometimes half completed.

Im not saying kids are responsible for yours. But its not outside the realm of possibility I believe.

3-4 10 year old boys can accomplish quite abit! At least we could :)

• Upvote 1

Yep yep I hear ya. I wasn't just being flippant talking iPhones though - I think childhoods like yours are a bit of a dying breed. And I do intend to provide some youtube timestamps for your consideration at some point, but not right this second.

Really? I guess Im glad I raised my children where i did then....

I look forward to viewing them.