New pictures of tree formations

ShadowBorn

Thanks Norse for proving my point. 

You are a dying breed. I am glad you are passing on your ways of the land to your children. I commend and respect you greatly. 

17 hours ago, ioyza said:

That is the big question. There are some with presumable purposes (shelter or traps), but for the most part, no. But if humans are building them, I still want to know why. The structure in your pic looks like it has a purpose. Have you ever bent 40 ft pines into arches? Curved and weaved them through standing trees? Built teepees which would not provide shelter as the one ShadowBorn found? Did you work with trees that big as a kid? 

Have you guys spent any time watching any #projectgoandsee stuff on Youtube, specifically Colorado Bigfoot? He's in areas that don't even open until mid-June because of snow, 7-10 miles off trail, finding stuff that is frankly mind-blowing. And what a coincidence, these are areas where you have encounters. Or vice versa - I've had areas with interaction where structures like these appear.

I'm with you in wanting to know why, and we can vaguely speculate that they're symbolic markers of some kind, but whether we know their purpose or not, I'm of the mindset to quit beating around the bush so to speak as to who's making them. And PG, yeah, mythical creatures, I know, stick to your guns with that, go nuts.

Could you link some of the CO bigfoot videos?

A quick search just led to photos of a guy walking through the woods in the snow...taking pictures of trees. No idea where in CO he is and no commentary at what he thinks he's taking pictures of.

Well sure, as a kid in the 60's we spent large amounts of time assembling "forts" in the woods.These things are way different. The most glaring difference being that the most puzzling structures have no timber that has been sawn or cut with edged tools. That was half the point as a kid...trying out the new survival knife and especially our lashing techniques.  Explaining these things as just kids' play is a glib thought-stopper.  We could speculate for days what purpose they serve, but my guess is the process stimulates something deep and fundamental in the brain of the makers...just as it did for us as kids. They are made because it feels good to do it, possibly. As a species, we ourselves have no better explanation for a lot of what we do. If BF are making these, we should not discount that simple motivation.

• Upvote 1

We stacked dead fall as kids, no cutting implement needed.

Again Im not saying kids are responsible, but its not outside the realm of possibility.....

It would be nice if other evidence was present in the area, like tracks, etc.

There were tracks casted in this general area in may I believe just cannot remember the month.  But there have other evidence to support that these creatures are in this general area. It is just that I have stayed out of the area for awhile and let things be. We can all speculate on what made them or that tree formation. But to make a teepee is what has me stumped, why would kids make such a big teepee? I can see making a small fort of some sort out of sticks that one would find laying around  since I have done this as a kid . but nothing this big and this size fort has never crossed my mind as a kid. It just seems to complicated to cris cross large branches like this as a kid.  I will keep on investigating to see what else I can find if one does come in my cross hairs well I will make my disicide then to shoot . I will try to post the rock with the scratches later tonight if possible since I did pick it up and brought it back with me.

Was this on public or private land?  How close to 'civilization' were you?  

I think we can assume that if it were a human, there multiple people involved.

Guest Cricket

Things are finally slowing down for me (summer is my busiest season), so I am glad to be able to check in the forum again!  I am intrigued by the tree structures, although I often don't know what to make of them.  I think some probably have a natural explanation, but there are others that do seem to have a 'mental template' behind them, although it's hard to say just whose mental template.  What I am concerned about is that many people who regularly go out and film what they find and put it out there publicly have LOTS of subscribers and followers, and there are no doubt some viewers who are likely creating tree structures just to toy with earnest BF proponents.  Hoaxers or immature people who want to mess with people.  BTW, what is a 'timestamp?' 

It is the date and time that a photo or video was taken like from a trail cam for instance. It is sometimes visible on the images themselves in one corner or another. There are instances where timestamps are wrong though.

How much do you think those timbers weigh?  Ordinarily I would agree that this type of structure is the result of bored teens.  Not sure if 2-3 kids could actually place the logs in this manner without any tools other than perhaps a rope.

• Upvote 1

Is there an estimate on the length of the tree sections?   NCBFr makes an interesting point.  There may be some considerable forces involved depending on the length of the sections and overall height.

Cotter, take a look at the first post in this thread. The first and third pictures show a very large structure, with a 5'4" human being standing in it, which gives a good sense of the scale of the structure. Based on the size of the human, it looks like the point at which the five tree trunks converge is at least 10 feet off the ground, and each tree trunk is certainly, at a minimum, 20 feet long (but may be much longer; I'm not a practiced tree height estimator, as some here are, I'm sure). 

How do those numbers seem to you?

I am no lumberjack, but I've cut and moved timber regularly since about 1972. I once was the trail maintainer for a section of the Appalachian Trail, which required regular chainsaw work to remove blow downs and I've seen what the random chaos of a wind or ice storm does to trees and what forces are required to clear them away.  I use wood as the primary heat for my home, and process it myself from stump to firebox, requiring me to cut, lift and move lots and lots of wood in a typical year. That said...

Many of the tree assemblages I've seen on this page, other pages and in person lead me to conclude they were done either using equipment (either a grip-hoist, come-along, block/tackle or wheeled/track vehicles with hydraulic assist) or....what, exactly? They defy glib answers and that is what fascinates me about them.      

• Upvote 2

On 8/31/2017 at 11:55 PM, Cricket said:

BTW, what is a 'timestamp?' 

As in, I'm going to wade through hours and hours of wood-walking footage to find the best looks at the best structures for you to scratch your head at... which I'm having second thoughts about lol. I'd like to try, I think it's worthwhile but... I mean, he starts every video with a series of stills of just these kinds of pics. These videos are worth your time, even in the background of other activities. There's a lot of productive research happening on youtube right now.

Here are more pictures of this area:

20170902_143724.jpg

Clear cutting that has been done just this year. Here are some symbols used on trees for this clear cutting used by the forest service that I am not sure what they mean . So if anyone understands them I would like to understand what these symbols mean painted on these trees:

20170902_143744.jpg 

20170902_143752.jpg

Also found another tree formation in a different area that is different from the first one. well it will not let me load that picture of that one yet nor of the rock with scratches. I also found three acorns on the trail where there were only maple tree's and they were placed in such a way that was odd. But the high light of my hike with my son was watching two bold eagles fighting in the air and how they were spireling in the air. It was the coolest thing that I had ever seen. My son was able to get a picture of them as they left the area. It was in the area of the freshly cut clearing.

I will try to post the other photo's I have when I can.

20170902_145307.jpg

20170902_145616.jpg

Blocked trail into my hunting area this spot was once clear and then it was blocked over night it seemed like some thing does not wants back in this area .20170902_145235.jpg

A little stacking by some thing .

20170902_145504.jpg

The gifting rock that my dog seemed to be curious

20170902_145536.jpg

The gifting place if that is what one is what one wants to call it.

20170902_145218.jpg

Again my son being 5' 4". This would be northeast of the other one in direction. Have not used  a compass to see the relationship between the two. maybe next time I will mark it on a gps and follow a direction of its course and see if I find another one on the same direction.

Those logs were placed there overnight and that's a trail to your stand?

beautiful dog by the way.

Edited by 7.62