New pictures of tree formations

ShadowBorn

7 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

In my case I am not making assumptions since I have made encounters with this creature\creatures.

SB, I don't mean to pick on you, old friend. But unless you've encountered someone or something actually constructing these structures, your encounter doesn't collate, one to the other. The default conclusion remains "human."

3 hours ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Why do bigfoot build useless, odd, ramshackle constructions with no seeming utility? It would seem they would spend their time foraging or hunting.

ioyza linked to Chris Noel's video, "The Sasquatch Savant Theory II: Why All These Stick and Tree Structures?", in the other recent tree manipulation thread. I had not encountered this theory before and find it intriguing. Is it the "right" explanation? Damned if I know, but as general explanations go I find it better than anything I've yet to come up with on my own.

Edited by JustAGuy
Trying to get YouTube link to work
  • Upvote 1

On 9/14/2017 at 3:09 PM, ioyza said:

You're talking about Colorado Bigfoot? His general area is Mt of the Holy Cross. Not very easily accessible - some of his favorite spots apparently don't open until mid-June due to snow. If you want something more manageable, I've had good luck in Lost Creek Wilderness.

Thanks for the tip! I've made the drive from Bailey to Deckers before and it's definitely squatchy country.

There's a campground up on the top of one of the mountains I'd love to try out and see if we got any visitors. Extremely remote and not sure I can get my little travel trailer up there (wife won't tent camp in CO...not sure I'm up for it either with all of the cats in the area).

• 2 weeks later...

Well one week before bow season in Michigan. My son and my self were out today placing our stand in a good area with out placing no bait. We have both decided not use bait even though we are allowed too. The area that we are hunting in is in this low valley where there are two ridges on both sides . The good thing that is going for us here is that there is acorns all over this area that we are in. So the bait is really not needed. At this point we have not found no more tree formations but the trail leading to this area has been blocked by fallen trees and branches. This makes it good for us since most hunter on public land will not bother going back this far as us, so we will be alone in this area.

Now as we were placing our tree stand which took awhile to get it back in there. I would say it took us at least four hours of some hard work to get it back in this area. We finally stood the stand on the tree which is 18' up and has a blind around the stand. As we started setting up this stand and getting the locks on it so that no one can steel it which I know they will not. Since I already have a stand back in this area that has been there for three years. Anyhow as we were setting up we heard this trumpet sound that was close or at least sounded close to us. At first before this sound the forest was loud with animal life but after this sound it all went silent.

On our drive home I started thinking to what this sound was and decided that I needed to find this sound.  I heard this sound before and knew what it was but my son did not. so I went on the BFRO website and researched this sound and found it . So I played the sound to my son and the sound that we heard sounded just like the sound file that is on the BFRO. The sound that we heard was the same sound that was recorded in Ohio in 1994. it was that moaning howl and it was load as though it was close to us. The odd thing about this sound that it did not freak us out at all and it did not sound mechanical. It sounded like a living being making this sound . The truth is that my son thought it was a trumpet  and it only did it two times that I heard but my son says he heard it three times.

https://www.bfro.net/AVEVID/MJM/Howl.mp3

I sure wished I had my recorder with me but we were not there for research. But during hunting season I am going to be ready with my go pro and a recorder. Screw it this year , to many odd things have been happening to us in these woods. I be foolish not to be ready for some thing to not happen. To many events have happened in this place and I have just placed it all to chance. No, I am going to do what I can to get a clear photo if I can or a good video of it.