Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WSA

Tree Manipulations: What is the Evidence? (Part II)

9 posts in this topic

These kinds of bends and formations are not as definitive as the elaborate layouts of geometrical limbs/branches, twigs and such  including equilateral triangle repeated patterns which appear A-shaped in the form of a mandela and are repeated over a draw, drainage or valley.  Sometimes the interwoven patterns are unmistakable creations from other than mother nature my friends.  Breaks, bends, twists and impalements occur but are not the definitive tree signs or twig signs for that matter.

Edited by bipedalist

The BF mind appears to contain a predisposition to OCD, is what I have concluded. Patterns and symmetry seem to tweak their pleasure centers ....but we as a species have similar tendencies I believe. Stacking elk rib bones, stacking tree trunks, placing found objects just so... These traits come out time and again.

7 hours ago, WSA said:

The BF mind appears to contain a predisposition to OCD, is what I have concluded.

Are you familiar with Chris Noel's savant theory? This video in particular is relevant: 

I don't think I was familiar with that, no.  Thanks for the link. That was pretty cool. Yup, when you look at the behavior you can't really avoid noticing the similarities.

It would have been good to take pics of the several mutilated fresh deer kills he was finding but honestly those pics posted of the thin treebends

I can find all over New England in the spring , they are very common  from snow and ice bends 

Good point on the bends, in retrospect, I have seen maple and hickory sapling some down from 35-40 ft. to permanent arches totalling no more than 15-20 ft. and these are permanent alterations to hardwoods due to weather; of course, over time, vertical shoots will sprout and the vestiges of the bend will rot and disappear with time usually, leaving nothing but a horizontal end-cap nub to remind one of the historical weather issues the tree experienced over time.  Sourwoods in the South are known for these kinds of weather bends and alterations especially at elevation. 

Edited by bipedalist

Thanks ioyza for posting that, wasn't aware of it. It's an interesting, well thought out idea and who knows, it may be correct.

^^^ X2, Ioyza - this was new to me, too, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I can tell that he's a very keen observer. As hypotheses go in this field, this one doesn't seem that unreasonable. 

Edited by JustAGuy