How many members do we have that have actually seen one?

Have had three sure sightings that were up close.  One that was 20 yards from me and two that I saw through a star light scope. My other encounters have been with little ones or young ones that were just too shy to show them selves to me  My other encounters have been in situations where I just have no way on how I can even explain them with out it being  paranormal.  This is where I have been left stumped and have been searching after ever since. 

Interesting how some are encounters while other are sightings. One happens up close with both parties eyeballing each other while the other is from a distance with the sasquatch possibly never knowing it's been seen.

56 minutes ago, wiiawiwb said:

Interesting how some are encounters while other are sightings. One happens up close with both parties eyeballing each other while the other is from a distance with the sasquatch possibly never knowing it's been seen.

Agreed

when my friend told me about what he saw it was most definitely an encounter . He shined the light right in it's face no farther than 30 feet away.

He told me after he went in the house he felt ill.

Thirty feet away and a light in its face. Yikes.

He's fortunate. I would have expected the ill-feeling to rear its ugly head at the moment of truth.

He told me at moment he was really scared and the encounter didn't last long ,not because the creature ran off but because he did .It lasted only  a second or two

until his brain was able to comprehend what his eyes were seeing. This was in the wood line in his back yard .

He told me he ran back to the house and stood in his living room not really knowing what to do next . That's when the sick feeling came over him.

He told me he didn't wake his wife to tell her what happened but did tell her the next morning . To be honest I don't know my self how I would react either .

I agree and I feel for the guy. Can you imagine if he was backpacking alone, 10 miles in, and the same thing happened? You have to get yourself home, over a protracted period of time, all-the-while shaking over what you just witnessed.

Frightful.

Based on the years I have been on this forum, I would venture the majority of the "Members" have had one form of encounter or another.  That is for the most part what drove them here and why they remain over time.

I've had two wood knocks, footprints, and two visual red-eyeshine incidents all within a mile of this one area I go. The one eyeshine incident was one where it moved all over the place to try and avoid my flashlight. If I had a thermal at the time, it would have been a good enough visual for me. But I didn't.

I will continue in that area and am currently deciding which thermal unit to buy.  It is an area you must backpack into, with limited access in three directions, so human intervention is minimal.

I want a visual. Nothing else will suffice.

• Upvote 2

I spend  a lot of time  in the woods and swamps of Florida.  No encounters . I have not heard of many sightings and claims in my area ,but a few that are somewhat interesting.

23 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

Thirty feet away and a light in its face. Yikes.

He's fortunate. I would have expected the ill-feeling to rear its ugly head at the moment of truth.

Sounds like an adrenaline dump/withdrawal.  I get that way after bad car wrecks (Firefighter, but in my area more of a roadkill (human) cleanup guy).

During the event, I'm all good to go, as soon as the situation is controlled, dry heaves, shakes, upset stomach, etc.  Then of course trying to sleep at night...ugh...I digress.

Guest OntarioSquatch

Experiences can range from wonderful to traumatic. Among those who didn’t have any prior belief, the average is more towards the latter