How many members do we have that have actually seen one?

In '72 I was pristinely unaware of any hint that they might exist.  I'd never heard of Bigfoot, hadn't heard of the Paterson video.  I had no frame of reference for what I encountered.  Manlike, but not a man.  Standing in front of me, but never even mentioned before in my presence.  No preconceptions on my part.

JDL

can you tell us about your encounter?

11 hours ago, OntarioSquatch said:

Experiences can range from wonderful to traumatic. Among those who didn’t have any prior belief, the average is more towards the latter

Agreed 

I've read this on numerous occasions 

After wood cutting near Prospect, Oregon my partner and I simply slept out under the stars in the woods. We had no alcohol or drugs. While sleeping soundly, I suddenly snapped awake, looked into a clearing 30' away and saw the huge furry head with no ears. I never snap awake like this. The body was behind a log and only the head was visible. We stared at each other, calmness came over me along with the need to sleep so I let my head go back on the pillow for a few seconds. Then I thought of what just happened and quickly looked into this clearing and nothing was there. What a disappointment.

It was a few years later that I finally came to the conclusion it was a Sasquatch since I've read many reports they vanish when you take your eyes off of them during a brief encounter.

I've taken a long break from BFF.

I appreciate members like geogerm posting to let newer members know of their sightings, which they might have shared in years past. Makes it more a community. Helps us understand the vast difference in circumstances (out looking for them v. didn't have a clue what they were, as with JDL); and the difference in reactions: raw fear v. amazement or confusion. I understand much more about differing individual experiences that make up the mosaic of the BFF!

JDL, when will you post the 3rd report?

2 hours ago, sheri said:

My encounter was in the daytime. Within 40 feet. I only saw the side view because it was running. From my right to my left.

Can you tell us more? 

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 7:10 PM, JDL said:

In '72 I was pristinely unaware of any hint that they might exist.  I'd never heard of Bigfoot, hadn't heard of the Paterson video.  I had no frame of reference for what I encountered.  Manlike, but not a man.  Standing in front of me, but never even mentioned before in my presence.  No preconceptions on my part.

JDL reported : ......................  about twenty-five feet away from me and a couple of feet from the rim of the wash, then what I perceived to be a giant black man about eight feet from David and about three feet away from the wash, and finally my brother, who was only about five feet behind me. The giant black man was about thirty-five feet from me, standing still facing me with his arms at his sides looking directly at me (I guess he must have figured I was the lead male). David was in shock, rooted to the ground, staring directly at him with his mouth wide open and his lower jaw level with his collarbones. My brother was poised to run and looking from the "man", to me, and then to David in a panic. As soon as I saw the man I took a step to run also, but realized David wasn't going anywhere and we'd need to help him if the "man" tried to do anything (we weren't that far from Reno and there are a lot of weird people who drift through that town .............................

and more from JDL.......................  The "man's" bearing, though, didn't come across the way a homeless person's would. He stood tall with his shoulders relaxed, but back. His posture indicated a sense of self-worth that was almost regal and his gaze didn't flinch (as an afterthought, there was nothing about his eyes to give me the impression that he lacked human intelligence). Even under the ski suit you could tell that he had a massively muscled upper body, and the ratio of shoulders to waist were those of a world-class athlete. For a moment I considered that I was looking at fur-covered muscle and immediately killed the thought, then started to look a little closer anyway. This was when he simply broke eye contact,

I was in a situation similar to this with five mean humans that intended to hurt or kill. The situation was sized up quickly, and I yelled run. My two friends and I ran.

There may be a type of bigfoot that does not like people. Was this bigfoot an ugly animal looking hominoid? Was it human looking, and had kind, and intelligent vibrations?

52 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

George,

Where can we read about your experience? Sounds frightening to say the least.

I think georgerm was talking about two separate things, and only one was an encounter with a BF (and it was peaceful): "We stared at each other, calmness came over me along with the need to sleep so I let my head go back on the pillow for a few seconds."

The scary thing he was talking about was an encounter with humans: "I was in a situation similar to this with five mean humans that intended to hurt or kill. The situation was sized up quickly, and I yelled run."

And hi, georgerm! Good to see you. :)

On September 22, 2017 at 1:48 AM, Quazimoto said:

I'm so jealous of all you folks who've have sightings or encounters.  It's truly about the only thing on my 'bucket list'.

If you continue to visit the woods with an open heart and speak to them (even if you can't see them, they're there), you will inevitably have an encounter of some kind.

I had activity from the first day I stepped into the woods, after learning the BF existed, but it took four years to have a sighting. And to be honest, the sighting was a bit of an anti-climax. If you hang out with them with an open heart, sooooo much will happen, short of that sighting, that when that sighting finally happens, you will finally know that seeing is not all it's cracked up to be. We "see" with our hearts, not our eyes. You already have the information you're seeking.... But I do know what you mean, and my bucket list had only this thing on it, too. It's a great thing to have on your bucket list! And I promise you, if you keep that open heart, you will be scratching that item off your list soon. :)