How many members do we have that have actually seen one?

Leaf, If these beings are what you believe them to be, how do you explain PGF? Did they stumble into the woods with an open heart and mind and then Patty let them film her as she walked away?

26 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

Leaf, If these beings are what you believe them to be, how do you explain PGF? Did they stumble into the woods with an open heart and mind and then Patty let them film her as she walked away?

I certainly won't answer for him but in the PGF my personal belief is bigfoots do  make mistakes and the two were mounted on horses . Perhaps the sound  of them walking sounded

like any other large animal , perhaps maybe a few mule deer . They wrote when they rounded the bend  Patty appeared just as surprised as they were so to speak.

The horses started bucking and were startled so that tells me she was down wind so the horses never smelled anything off until they visually saw her.

I don't know how keen bigfoots  sense of smell is so maybe human scent  combined with horse scent the human scent was masked from her .

Anyways that's my take on it.

:)

Accidents do happen.

Roger Patterson and Bob Gimlin had some good luck, just like the 40+ thousand people who submitted reports to the BFRO, and the many thousands more who didn't submit reports. 

I am speaking to people who want to have ongoing interactions with the BF, not just an accidental sighting. You cannot orchestrate an accidental sighting, but you can encourage communication by showing yourself willing to have some, with repeated visits to the same location -- as long as you don't simultaneously harbor the intention to harm them.

Just saw your post, 7.62. Yes, exactly.   :)

Edited by LeafTalker
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, LeafTalker said:

Accidents do happen.

Roger Patterson and Bob Gimlin had some good luck, just like the 40+ thousand people who submitted reports to the BFRO, and the many thousands more who didn't submit reports. 

I am speaking to people who want to have ongoing interactions with the BF, not just an accidental sighting. You cannot orchestrate an accidental sighting, but you can encourage communication by showing yourself willing to have some, with repeated visits to the same location -- as long as you don't simultaneously harbor the intention to harm them.

Just saw your post, 7.62. Yes, exactly.   :)

Thanks for the response. I think I understand your POV better now. Appreciate it! ☺️

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 0:41 PM, LeafTalker said:

I think georgerm was talking about two separate things, and only one was an encounter with a BF (and it was peaceful): "We stared at each other, calmness came over me along with the need to sleep so I let my head go back on the pillow for a few seconds."

The scary thing he was talking about was an encounter with humans: "I was in a situation similar to this with five mean humans that intended to hurt or kill. The situation was sized up quickly, and I yelled run."

And hi, georgerm! Good to see you. :)

If you continue to visit the woods with an open heart and speak to them (even if you can't see them, they're there), you will inevitably have an encounter of some kind.

I had activity from the first day I stepped into the woods, after learning the BF existed, but it took four years to have a sighting. And to be honest, the sighting was a bit of an anti-climax. If you hang out with them with an open heart, sooooo much will happen, short of that sighting, that when that sighting finally happens, you will finally know that seeing is not all it's cracked up to be. We "see" with our hearts, not our eyes. You already have the information you're seeking.... But I do know what you mean, and my bucket list had only this thing on it, too. It's a great thing to have on your bucket list! And I promise you, if you keep that open heart, you will be scratching that item off your list soon. :)

Good to hear from you again LeafTalker. I think that your field methods and frame of mind is noticed by the type of BF that is appears friendly and respectful of all life. For the last several years I've been using methods as you describe and had lots of auditory signals. We moved and now I need to establish a new area.

JDL's bigfoot was human looking unlike some reports that describe an ugly, scary creature such as Patty.

NatFoot  my BF report may not be published on BFRO but is published on BFF. I have not written a report about the mean humans.

Glad to hear you were getting some good results, georgerm! That is so COOL! And I wish you luck in your new area (and know you'll have lots of it -- good luck, that is). 

To be clear, if you put the individual in that encounter next to Patty you would clearly see them as the same species.  The one I encountered, though, was more human-like in bearing and behavior.  He didn't slouch, even as he walked away.  And he was sizing us up every bit as much as we were him.  The fully erect stance and walk may have been intended to bring his full height to bear for purposes of intimidation, but he wasn't overtly threatening.  

With regard to displayed intelligence, he came across as human, but from a communication standpoint, it wasn't unlike dealing with someone who is autistic in the sense that they are viewing you from a different frame of reference. 

He may, through his body language, have been communicating a message that would have been very clear to another Bigfoot, but which was lost on me because of my frame of reference.  

All I can say for certain is that I stood my ground for David's sake and it worked out.  

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, georgerm said:

Of the BFs seen, were any ugly and scary looking?  Were any human looking and friendly appearing? 

From my perspective, those are wrong questions because they includes terms that have implied value judgements I'm not sure are appropriate.   They're fundamentally anthropomorphic.  

I didn't call my cat ugly because it didn't look human.   It was a cat.   "Ugly" brings implications of such great similarity that the slight differences become unsettling.   I did not find either bigfoot I saw "ugly" but neither were they exactly, precisely, identically human either.   They just were what they were.  

"Scary looking" doesn't compute unless you're talking about a dog with very large teeth or a bear with very big claws.  "Scary" is a behavior, not an appearance .. at least for me.   "Scary looking" means, to me, the person offering the description is fundamentally a fearful person who is looking for a way to rationalize their fear rather than deal with it.    "Friendly appearing" is much the same ... it's an interpretation of behavior, not how the thing truly looks.    A nice open smile may actually be the baring of teeth ... a warning of great aggression to come.   

Sometimes it is easier to deal with wider differences where you KNOW there are differences rather than greater similarity where you can stumble into the pitfall of assuming similarity that isn't truly there.

I don't know if this makes any sense at all or if it is just a reflection of an internal dialog I'm having.   If it makes no sense, I apologize for subjecting you to me talking to myself.  :)

MIB

• Upvote 2

Good points, MIB. I see lots of wildlife, none of which I would call "scary", or "ugly", but some of which commands respect due to impressive size and/or speed, and potential for huge damage to my person, if not  treated with due caution, my Sasquatch sighting included. When faced with a charging grizzly many years ago, I felt an urgent need to defend myself, but not what I would describe as "fear", or "scared", just the urge of self preservation in that instant. He makes a beautiful rug.

• Upvote 2

Many thanks to all the posters that have related their sightings/encounters on here. It's always interesting to read about what everyone experienced.

I've never had a sighting; I've only had an unusual experience deer hunting in Comanche Co., Oklahoma on Thanksgiving Day, 2010. Comanche County is not a typical looking Bigfoot area; it isn't real hilly and doesn't have your mixed hardwood forests as there are in eastern OK and further east. There are wooded areas once you're away from main roads and out in very rural areas.

A relative by marriage invited me to come hunt on Thanksgiving and we left from Elgin. SInce it was dark. I didn't know exactly where we were but I think we were south east 10 or so miles from Elgin. We parked on a dirt/gravel road and I was told to go on down the road a ways and then turn off to go to the stand; the other guy went off in a different direction. This was about 5:15 AM and it was still dark although there was just barely enough light I could see the road.

After I had gone about 50 yards, I heard a splash from nearly, but not quite, directly to my left. I was very surprised to hear a splash because I wasn't aware of any water near me and certainly wasn't expecting to hear a splash sound at that hour; it almost had to be a farm pond. The sound was somewhat loud though the hour and stillness of 5:15 AM may have contributed to that.  It also sounded pretty close by, maybe only 40-50 ft. away; not far from the fence on the other side of the ditch. I glanced over but didn't see anything or hear any other sounds and I continued on. Bigfoot wasn't even on my mind; I was thinking more about whether I should pass up the first 12 pointer I see.

What I remembered pretty clearly, at least for a few years afterwards, was the splash sounded like a rock hitting water. It had that "ker plunk" sound with a slightly delayed louder splash noise. This was my very initial impression when I heard the splash. It also seemed like a rock somewhat larger than what someone might pick up and just throw into water.

When I mentioned it to my relative later on, he said it was a beaver slapping it's tail on the water. At that time I had not actually heard a beaver slap it's tail on water but I reasoned that something as wide as a beaver tail would make a "slapping" sound first, sort of like a fly swatter.

I later listened to a beaver slap it's tail on water on the internet several times and it was not the same sound I heard while walking down the road. I did not hear a "slapping" sound first. 

What's interesting is there is a BFRO report of an actual sighting in Comanche Co. that happened in June-2010,about six months before I had the splash incident. That sighting took place about 40 miles west of where I was, I think.

I've tried not to read too much into the experience, partly from it being Comanche Co., so I've never told anyone about the incident, except for mentioning it to my relative. There may be an explanation for it but I just don't know; I do remember what I heard though.

Ugly and scary are subjective and a matter of degree.  The ones I've seen and encountered have broad and proportional human-like (African American) noses.  The pregnant female was shorter than Patty by at least a foot, but stockier.  Square jaw and broad face.  A very large human-like female chest.  By human dating standards she would have been ugly.  But she wasn't repulsive outside of that frame of reference.  Nor was she scary, at least not so at the short distance she was away.  She was very much interested in the fish I was catching, but wanted none of me.  I don't know how possessive of their females bigfoot may be, but she acted as if being near me was more of a risk to her than I, myself, presented once I noticed her, waved, and called out to her.  That impression, however, may be simple human-centric bias on my part.  

Right after that, though, three of them stalked me in a coordinated manner.  One scout on the ridge behind me, another at the far end of the lake, and the third maneuvering around the lake from the area into which the female had retreated to the copse of trees immediately behind me.  The two scouts would intermittently knock from their stationary positions and you could track the progress of the third as he knocked along his route.  Without recapping what I've written in the Sightings section thread, the message was pretty clear that attention to the female wasn't welcome.

Are they scary?  No more so than their size, obvious differences, and close proximity might inspire.  They are clearly powerful enough to make short work of a man.  Can they be scary?  I'm sure they can any time they want.  Was I frightened?  Of course.  Twice I've been in staring matches with adult males in their prime knowing full well they could kill me at will.  I learned early and young, though, that if you are in a threatening situation from which you can't retreat, you have to stand up to the threat; be it vicious dog, neighborhood bully, or abusive adult.  Did that behavior on my part influence theirs?  Who can say?

• Upvote 2