How many members do we have that have actually seen one?

I will at some point share in the paranormal section my videos involving stuff like shape shifting, cloaking, mind speak etc., things I at one time thought were rubbish only to be exposed to these out of the box things time and again.  Not something I was looking for or endeavored to make happen.

Please write them up sometime! I’d welcome reading about your experiences. 

The idea of placing cameras out in the field has been talked about many times on this forum. But there has never been a good enough reason why no one has been able to capture a good photo of these creatures with these trail cams.. The pictures that have been captured has been ridiculed  as being something else other then the creatures them selves. So the capture of a photo this creature with a trail cam in my opinion is mute. No matter how many trail cams we place in the forest there will always be people denying the photo's as being the creature.

Now I have one encounter way back in the day where I was using a starlight scope. We were up in the Huron National Forest in the swamp area of the forest . We were spending three days in this area of the forest where we have had an encounter just weeks before back in 2000. We had the starlight and a thermos and we were using cans of salmon with glow sticks as bait just a few weeks before. Now the event took placed at around midnight and these creatures decided to visit us at that time. I was using the starlight and was sharing it with another guy who was with me . Now there were four of us at this sighting and we all seemed to have encounters . But the encounter I had was with a creature that was not that big and was hunched over and was well off over the side off a bigger creature that was standing in the middle of a two track. When I placed the starlight to my eye the creature to the right of the bigger one had turned around and started to run back to the shelter of the woods but stopped. I then seen it through the starlight turn back and get closer to the bigger one in a ready position as ready to flee. The bigger one was swaying side to side as though it was in a trance. I then seen another one on the left of the bigger one that was swaying side to side. That one seemed more relaxed. I then handed the starlight to the guy next to me who also seen these creatures. The strange part about this sighting was that we all seemed very relaxed. It was a strange event and it is hard to describe how we all felt about our encounter.

The thermo camera did capture the creatures running back into the forest and disappearing or more like fading.

I do think that they or understand what scopes are on rifles or shot guns . I also think that when we raise these opticals to our faces that they think that they may be in danger . I also think that they understand that trail cams are used in some form for hunting and that this why they avoid them .

On 10/11/2017 at 3:26 PM, Midnight Owl said:

As far as cameras and game cameras, they just don't like any device you bring up to your face and they seem to know when they are there and intently watch where you're looking or aiming the device.  Even though it was hard for me to do initially, I eventually realized they are much more than a dumb animal. 

Midnight Owl,

With regard to the game camera avoidance and the idea of photographing them, are your comments above your speculations/opinions or did the BF actually communicated that to you or the landlord?

Reason I ask, is that you previously gave the impression that the BF's were communicating with the land-lord.

Thus, might as well ask them directly why they don't want us to take a photo.

If they can communicate with you or land-lord, then they should know that cameras don't kill and are thus avoiding the photos for some other reason.

• Upvote 1

Explorer, the landlord specifically told me they do not like cameras, scopes or anything you put up to your face.  Yes they did later directly communicate with me, but I will wait and maybe share that in the paranormal section at another time.  I went into that area thinking I was dealing with just a dumb animal to be baited, pursued and manipulated like the opinions that many folks and organizations hold to.  I can understand that because that's pretty much how I felt up until that time.  After that incredible once in a lifetime experience, I personally witnessed and learned these subjects are very much like us-far beyond the levels of any animal-yet very, very different from us in awareness and abilities.  In the end, I have more questions than answers and that list keeps growing with time

LOL!! 

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...

When in my 20s I lived in a small trailer way up in the hills surrounded with  County Park on one side and a State Park on the other side. It was about 11:00 pm when out of nowhere the trailer was hit with a loud slapped near the top edge of the trailer shaking the trailer. The next morning I went out and tried to duplicate the slapped and didn't even come close. Nights prior I'd heard a loud screaming roar which was pretty freaking. Was a couple of nights later something ripped through the wire fencing around the chicken coop and took all the chickens, about a dozen. Back then I never even considered Bigfoot as I only thought there was only a handful way up north. This happened in the coastal hills of Northern California. After hearing a talk show on Missing 411, I became interested in Sasquatch and started my search after much research and where I felt they would be. In the Spring of 2013 on the very first day in the Eastern Sierras hiking up a very steep mountain side I came across a patch of snow that had one perfect very fresh 14 to to 16 inch foot print with five toes. Before I could even measure and take a photo, my son came up and jump on the patch of snow and destroyed the track, OMG! We then went higher up through the pines and scrub oaks towards a peak which I named Bigfoot Arch and came upon a track way with the tracks measuring 17 inches by 6 inches with 5 feet in between steps in a straight path following a game trail towards a creek. That following December it was in the single digits in the same area and I was going to do a quick hike when suddenly I heard something large come crashing down the mountain side at which time I got back to my vehicle and drove down the road about a half mile and pulled over next to the main creek. I'd crossed the semi frozen creek and looked through my binoculars up to the peak where I heard something come crashing down the mountain and saw a incredible sight. Up on the peak stood this large Bigfoot over looking the valley below where I was. The sun was setting to the west and could see the sun shining on it's greyish fluffy hair. It seemed at peace as the cold didn't seem to even faze it. I'd looked for about five minutes in amazement and then realized I better get a photo, but as I was getting my phone camera out, it stepped off the peak(look at the video of Bigfoot at Mono Lake, except this one was greyish). I went up there about two weeks later and discovered a cave behind the peak. I left some apples on top and went back down without any incident. I felt it came crashing down towards me probably because it knew who I was as I've left dried fruit twice from previous hikes in the area. Found a very large butt print on a large rock where I like to sit and observe from above Bigfoot Arch over to the peak across the way where I had my sighting. I guess the Bigfoot likes to sit there too with the view. The rock has enough dirt on the top to where I could easily make out the butt print. Later that summer I found the same two sets of tracks near the Crest of the Sierra by a small shallow lake and pretty much knew these were the same Bigfoot's. I believe it was the following summer I went hiking back there  up a very steep mountain side to the top of the ridge. When I get to the top Id startled a Bigfoot letting out a very loud snort as it jumped down the other side of the ridge with me startled and jumping back on the side I'd came up. It then threw  a rock to my left side. I then pulled out my side arm which I was legally open carrying and backed down the mountain. This happened on a windy early morning and probably couldn't here me coming up the other side. I went there thinking this would be the perfect place to hangout during the day time for a Bigfoot's as there was a a creek at the bottom of the side the Bigfoot was on and then there are lakes on the other side near the Crest. There was a report no longer on the internet where two deer hunters we're driving up along one of the lakes and had a 8 foot Bigfoot cross the road in front of them just as the sun went down. I felt the Bigfoot must of been hanging low during the daytime near the ridge I went up to and was near that shallow lake where I found tracks with no trails in the area. Then the winter of 2016 near the area of my first sighting I went for a hike in this canyon when I came across a strange odor by the creek. The area received over four inches of rain that previous night and all the streams and creeks were flowing good and loud. I immediately stopped in my tracks looking towards the creek and couldn't see anything. I quickly went back the way I'd came and maybe 30 to 40 yards back I took out my new camcorder and pointed it towards down at the creek and took a ten second video and got out of there. When I got home and reviewed the video, I saw a greyish head sticking out of the trees across the creek to my right from where I was standing. The head is what you see in my profile photo. Unfortunately I wasn't pointing my camcorder in it's direction. And just about three weeks ago just below Bigfoot Arch I was looking for a Christmas Tree and on my way back to the vehicle I took a video of the peak of my first sighting as it was almost exactly the same time as the first first sighting just as the sun was setting over the Crest of the Sierra. When I got home and I went to view the video and noticed a very large Bigfoot hiding behind a rock facing down hill exactly where I heard it crashing down the mountain in 2013. When I zoomed in on it I could see it was holding a rock in it's right hand. You can make out it's large muscular arms, face and the length of it's right arm. It was probably a good 500 to 600 yards away. You can see some of the nearby shadows on the cliffs but this stands out from the shadows as you can see it's hair. Once again unfortunately I didn't have the camcorder zoomed on it. This Bigfoot is much bigger than the first sighting with the first sighting just up on the peak above it. This is a awesome area of the Sierras as there's lots of livestock grazing in the summer with an abundance of Mule Deer and acorns in the fall. Many caves also with a lot of water too in the area and have come across numerous tracks which occurs on most of my hikes. Very few people hike in the area unlike Tahoe and Yosemite. Just thought I would share. Bigfoot Sightings 2017 and   2013.PNG

• Upvote 2

Woah!  Great account Mindsquatch!  Any chance you can share the video or perhaps a larger version of the pic you posted?  (It's only a thumbnail).  Oh, and welcome to the forum!

Thanks everyone for the welcome! Wanted to fix the post, and yes I need to space to make it easier to read, it appears I can't edit.

I highly recommend anyone who hikes off trail at certain elevations in the mountains to watch War in the Woods which can be found on Vimeo, it's for your own safety. I was told by a Fish and Wildlife Officer to watch it. It's why I hike only in winter and sometimes early spring at my lower elevation research area. In summer I hike up near the Crest where the Bigfoot move up to till late fall. So for now only close up photos.

The photo on my last post is a recent photo from a few weeks ago and was taken just above a certain something and is why the Bigfoot appears to be in a defensive position with a rock in it's right hand looking right towards what's below it,  and totally understand why he's probably pissed, I'm pissed.

I wanted to share an educational day time sighting which took place at my workplace in the mountains a couple of years ago at about 3:30 PM in the summer time. It was an adult male and a young one walking up an embankment towards the road to cross. When a car showed up going towards them, they quickly went back into hiding in the trees. They both were totally black with the adult being about 7 feet tall and the young one about 4 1/2 feet tall. The young one was walking in front of the adult. When I was talking to a Department of Transportation  Supervisor several months later, I was told the area where the Bigfoot's were coming from is where they dump the road kill over the edge of the hill.  When I was told this, this is when it all made total sense on why they were there. I never told the person what I saw. This is the first time I have talked about this and was hesitate to do so as it's a Government Facility. There's a year round creek back behind where work and discovered tracks next to it, and then the day later I discovered a track in front just below a embankment that leads deep into the mountains. I could see where it stepped off with it's right foot and then stepping on a shrub leaving behind one hair which I still have in a sealed bag. I will show a photo on why they hang out nearby during the winter months. But anyways thanks and maybe later on when I'm less paranoid, I will upload videos.Deer 004.JPG

1 hour ago, NatFoot said:

Very cool sighting. Had to be something to see two at once!

Yes it was! Unfortunately most of the encounters and sightings in the area go unreported.  Here's a juvenile squatting in a cave with a live deer to the right looking out of the cave. If you can zoom in, you can see the hair on it's head and it's face plus the right leg. They must of captured the deer when it was a fond due to loosing it's mother. This was a warm spring day with the cave facing north and I believe they were using it to keep cool.

Hidden Cave in Sierras May   2017.PNG

New cave photo 2.png

Hidden Cave Photo 3.PNG

Hi MindSquatch, well, if it helps, it doesn't matter what kind of facility it is or even if there is one there at all. You have at least given us another idea for research and that's what's important. And no matter where or in which state that kind of practice takes place I'll bet any personnel are expecting the obvious to show up and take care of the road kill- BEARS. Probably a pretty decent surprise if someone goes to such a site and sees our Hairy Friend instead, eh? There is another aspect to this too. That being the territorial aspect and being able to easily feed the young.

I would think 4 1/2 feet tall to be pretty young at that, too. Old enough to be out learning the ropes from Dad? Or still staying close to Mom? Either way it's an interesting point of view and it may be worth looking into other areas to see if that particular practice of getting rid of road kill is normal. Pretty fascinating to even think of things like that when in the field- excellent work! Might be a good idea to play things a bit closer to your chest for now though if you think any good photos or videos may come of it. You've brought a good example of how we should be thinking of these things. Such a thing would have never crossed my mind and so I thank you.

MindSquatch thanks for sharing . On the first photo you posted can you post it larger like you did on the ones of the deer.

The photo is so small I can't make out anything in it. I tried to zoom it a little but it just makes it blurry.

thanks

On 12/18/2017 at 9:42 PM, MindSquatch said:

Thanks everyone for the welcome! Wanted to fix the post, and yes I need to space to make it easier to read, it appears I can't edit.

Enjoying your postings, thanks. Once you make a post, the clock is ticking. You have the opportunity to edit for a short time, dunno exactly how long, but about a half hour. FYI

Welcome MindSquatch, great to see a new member jump in and participate, unlike the legions in the new members thread who post once and that is it.