How many members do we have that have actually seen one?

169 posts in this topic

Well they obviously know I carry but since I have yet to draw the weapon during an encounter, they probably surmise that I am not inclined to use it.    It is likely one behind you, that you do not know is there, that would get you anyway.    Certainly the biggest weapon I carry (357) could kill them but I honestly do not think it would stop a charge and the BF would reach me before it went down unless I got off a very lucky shot.   So I will just go with the odds so far,   hope I never need to draw it,  and hope they give me some credit for restraint.     But facing certain death,   I would think nothing about taking one out with me.      There may be an insane one out there or one bent on revenge for some reason.    They certainly are likely to have mental issues just like humans do and are not immune to rabies.        And since I normally carry a couple of thousand dollars of electronic and camera gear with me,   I am more worried about some human trying to take it way from me than some rogue BF.      

I don't kill anything and would only use it if I perceived it was a life-or-death situation. Live and let live.

I can only imagine the furor an enraged sasquatch could bring to bear.  

I guess we don't have a definitive answer to this then: "How many members do we have that have actually seen one?"

True.   It pays to remember, however, that individuals vary a lot in what triggers stress, how strong the input has to be to initiate a stress response, and how they handle it.   Some people seem to have been born mid meltdown, others seem to lack nerves entirely.    So far as larger bullets ... maybe, maybe not.  I see a lot of people who can't handle recoil and it gets into their head before the shot is fired.    I would say "balance": use the biggest thing you handle well.  

MIB