• Announcements

• masterbarber

T shirt fund drive   07/17/2018

norseman has designed a t shirt and started a fund drive on custom ink. He is going to split the proceeds between the BFF and Project Grendel.  "We all owe this website a tremendous debt of gratitude. Our community and history would not exist without it. As far as the Project Grendel proceeds, I would like to see it go towards the purchase of a thermal scope."
      -norseman     https://www.customink.com/fundraising/sasquatch-hunter
Redbone

A Place To Share Audio Files

68 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

On 5/30/2018 at 11:31 AM, Redbone said:

I just had an idea. There may be something funny with the acoustics in this area. The batteries only last a week so when I get back this weekend I'll do a bunch of knocks all around to see how they turn out in the recording.

As far as I know, there are no piles of metal anywhere near here but people have been known to ditch their garbage in remote places.

I did my test knocks and the clip is below.  I used two recorders about 30 yards apart so each knock is repeated to show the difference. I also found a large cottonwood that had large limbs that apparently came down recently. I now have to wonder if the odd popping sounds from 05/21 are that tree splintering before limbs come down. Gotta mention that howls, yells, and whoops were also happening at that time and all activity seemed to stop after the tree fall.

cottonwood splintered.jpgcottonwood 2.jpg

Edited by Redbone

On 6/12/2018 at 0:22 AM, Redbone said:

. I also found a large cottonwood that had large limbs that apparently came down recently. I now have to wonder if the odd popping sounds from 05/21 are that tree splintering before limbs come down.

cottonwood splintered.jpgcottonwood 2.jpg

Now that makes sense. It is a tree braking / falling.

I have a powerful new tool - Adobe Audition. It is remarkable in that I can select and edit specific sounds to edit. I used it in the second part of this repeated clip to quiet the screeching and whimpering sounds from another angry animal exchange.

The first part is exactly as recorded. No amplification, no filtering. I am very pleased with the results. Enjoy!

That is so weird.

I like your new tool also. Plussed.

Thats a coon fight!

Posted (edited)

Yeah that's it...  I've got some great audio of it though, huh?

Edited by Redbone

Here's another audio release from the Rez Squatching Research group. These howls and whoops were heard on May 26th, 2018 between 2:41 and 5:21 am. This is the day after I had my sighting and this recorder was about 180 paces from the sighting spot,

I'm still learning to use Adobe Audition and this was a great clip to try it out. The power lies in the ability to choose individual sounds and/or frequency ranges for editing. It's so easy to remove the morning birdsong and whippoorwill sounds.

Each sound is heard just as recorded and then repeated after editing and amplification.  ENJOY!

2:41 am first howl
4:56 am three whoops
5:03 am single whoop
5:07 am howl
5:16 am howl
5:21 am distant howl

I'm always cleaning up audio for different Bigfoot people and here is a clean up video I did for our personal team while back. It explains all that I'm doing cleaning it up and also I found another small pump up howl right before loud one. It shows how I go about cleaning all the ambient audio out of the audio clip and making it perfect to hear. This is a really good Bigfoot howl some of our research team members got last Jan or Feb while on an expedition in Oklahoma we call the "Hammock Scream". Two of our team members were hammock camping with no camp at all just in the woods. It was very close to them and very loud including hearing bipedal footsteps. One member never even woke up and the other one I think was questioning his manhood when he heard it. As always audio recorders and most of the time cameras are placed out around where we camp...