Redbone

A Place To Share Audio Files

74 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

On 5/30/2018 at 11:31 AM, Redbone said:

I just had an idea. There may be something funny with the acoustics in this area. The batteries only last a week so when I get back this weekend I'll do a bunch of knocks all around to see how they turn out in the recording.

As far as I know, there are no piles of metal anywhere near here but people have been known to ditch their garbage in remote places.

I did my test knocks and the clip is below.  I used two recorders about 30 yards apart so each knock is repeated to show the difference. I also found a large cottonwood that had large limbs that apparently came down recently. I now have to wonder if the odd popping sounds from 05/21 are that tree splintering before limbs come down. Gotta mention that howls, yells, and whoops were also happening at that time and all activity seemed to stop after the tree fall.

cottonwood splintered.jpgcottonwood 2.jpg

Edited by Redbone

On 6/12/2018 at 0:22 AM, Redbone said:

. I also found a large cottonwood that had large limbs that apparently came down recently. I now have to wonder if the odd popping sounds from 05/21 are that tree splintering before limbs come down.

cottonwood splintered.jpgcottonwood 2.jpg

Now that makes sense. It is a tree braking / falling.

I have a powerful new tool - Adobe Audition. It is remarkable in that I can select and edit specific sounds to edit. I used it in the second part of this repeated clip to quiet the screeching and whimpering sounds from another angry animal exchange.

The first part is exactly as recorded. No amplification, no filtering. I am very pleased with the results. Enjoy!

That is so weird.

I like your new tool also. Plussed.

Thats a coon fight!

Posted (edited)

Yeah that's it...  I've got some great audio of it though, huh?

Edited by Redbone

Here's another audio release from the Rez Squatching Research group. These howls and whoops were heard on May 26th, 2018 between 2:41 and 5:21 am. This is the day after I had my sighting and this recorder was about 180 paces from the sighting spot,

I'm still learning to use Adobe Audition and this was a great clip to try it out. The power lies in the ability to choose individual sounds and/or frequency ranges for editing. It's so easy to remove the morning birdsong and whippoorwill sounds.

Each sound is heard just as recorded and then repeated after editing and amplification.  ENJOY!

2:41 am first howl
4:56 am three whoops
5:03 am single whoop
5:07 am howl
5:16 am howl
5:21 am distant howl

I'm always cleaning up audio for different Bigfoot people and here is a clean up video I did for our personal team while back. It explains all that I'm doing cleaning it up and also I found another small pump up howl right before loud one. It shows how I go about cleaning all the ambient audio out of the audio clip and making it perfect to hear. This is a really good Bigfoot howl some of our research team members got last Jan or Feb while on an expedition in Oklahoma we call the "Hammock Scream". Two of our team members were hammock camping with no camp at all just in the woods. It was very close to them and very loud including hearing bipedal footsteps. One member never even woke up and the other one I think was questioning his manhood when he heard it. As always audio recorders and most of the time cameras are placed out around where we camp... 

This audio is significant in that it was recorded about 180 yards from the location of my May 25th siting. These calls happened at about 5 am the next day, on May 26th.

I was onsite with a BFRO investigator on Friday and we determined that the stick I was using for scale is roughly 11 feet tall, making what I saw close to 10 feet, maybe more.

I have submitted a report to BFRO and have sent this audio for inclusion. The report was submitted with blessing of the Rez Squatching Research group.

There will likely be 2 or 3 more reports coming from BFRO that were investigated this weekend, from the same general area, including a long distance siting yesterday.

We had another rock thrown at us last night at 10:57pm. We had returned to the same sight where so many rocks came in at us from the woods last year. We had two rocks the previous night (only one recovered). This rock and the one from the previous night were very warm to the touch. I have a FLIR picture of the 09/12 rock that I'll share when i get to that audio clip. Last night's rock was 86 degree F. and air temp was 66 degrees at the time. I don't know the exact temp of the 09/12 rock, only that it was warm.

The rock in this audio ended up nearly in the center of the bridge within 2 feet of the recorder. It was under a tri-pod I had there and between two chairs, miraculously hitting nothing except the wooden planks of the bridge. This happened in Iowa.

Here are some more audio clips from last week.

Three of the 4 rocks that hit the bridge were recovered. ALL were warm to the touch. The one Saturday night was 95 degrees. We tried to warm a similar size rock and were successful only when a dedicated researcher put on in her armpit for awhile.We could not achieve that much warmth by holding rocks in our hands.

A green light up frisbee was being swung around when the rock came in at 10:02 on Wednesday. We were laughing because a few minutes before one person threw that light up frisbee to another who wasn't and nearly took it in the groin.

We think it's possible that the laughter help to create the rock response. It's what we were still laughing at 10:04 when the second rock came.

My daughter was along for her very first night op. Within two hours she had a souvenir as this rock landed next to her. And to think that some people spend years trying :)

In this clip we were playing a game. We dropped 3 rocks into the water and got a 4th splash in return.

I've always tried to distinguish between rock splashes and beaver splashes (noting time between the first "Splat" and the splash). I believe this is a rock thrown into the water by an unknown entity. It was NOT us and all were accounted for.

When we repeated this little game again in a few minutes we dropped 4 rocks with no response.

The green pattern in the picture is from the light-up frisbee as being swung around as captured with a 30 second shutter exposure.

This IS an activity that was being done when the 10:02 rock came in on Wednesday.

47 minutes ago, gigantor said:

Could you see the perp?

I have never seen the perp at this location and we really tried. Last year we were all gung-ho with bright flashlights, night vision and FLIR thermal.

This year we backed off a little bit, although we still had the tools with us. There was supposedly a Class B level sighting at this place in earlier this year.

Almost more disturbing to me is that we never HEAR what is sending rocks our way. No footsteps, no crashing through brush...nothing.

I know skeptics would wonder if anybody in our group could be doing this. While not everybody can always be accounted for for every thrown item, all have been accounted for during more that one incident.

It took us two days to figure out how to make a rock as warm as the ones that were thrown our way (armpit). Trying to hold them in your hands cannot do it.

Here's something interesting. Last year we could not figure out where the rocks were being obtained. All seemed different than those we found in and around the river.
THIS YEAR, all rocks seem to come from piles of rocks left on the road for future road maintenance.

The warmth of the rock tells me they are carrying them (hopefully not in armpits) and tossing them when the time is right. In our situation they were not just picking them up on the spot. They are armed and ready.

Very cool, you are learning so much. Now I'm picturing them tucking rocks in armpits, so funny. Other folks have noticed from prints on windows and such, that they have oily hands, I wonder if they leave any on the rocks.