Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TritonTr196

Thermal pic from couple of weeks ago

5 posts in this topic

Our group had another good encounter during the night time a couple of weeks ago. Got on a thermal but the video doesn't look that good with the flir scout tk's. They look good when looking through them but the video it makes leaves some to be desired. Anyways, I was asked to clean the video up and I took out each frame of the thermal and cleaned up a single shot of it. Lot more defined and it's torso can clearly be seen behind a large tree that was from 50 to 75 yards up a rocky incline with huge old growth trees... Plenty of audio recorded of it howling at the team and a video was made of it as usual.. I did not make it on this trip myself because of having to work that weekend. No biggie though, we've met this big fella there before...

What do you think???

ex1.jpg

I think your friends need to invest in a better thermal , lol just kidding 

I think it's pretty cool and if possible can you post the audio of the howling ?

I totally agree with getting better thermal. But realistically, for most peoples affordability these $600 flir scout tk's is a good unit. This thermal was about at the end of the scout tk's range of quality. If at 75 yards or around that distance it would be a lot more defined. When they went back to check during the day light it was gone and over 100 yards away. This was recorded with some color scheme as the person using it never used one before and was just sweeping the camera back and forth when she was hearing something walking near her. I just made the figure more defined in a single frame photo of the video. Not great resolution to begin with. This figure was only noticed when the group was reviewing the thermal and nv footage that was taken. The person filming never noticed it through the thermal when filming and the figure was only shown in a few seconds of the video. I own a rather expensive flir thermal that is very awesome with photos and video, and I have two flir scout tk's which is the best bang for the buck under $1,000.

Here is the video that was made of that night, Also no clue why that outlaws theme was put on there. This was totally our group only.. Also, outlaws is no more..

Thank you for sharing 

Interesting video and howls.

LBL is one  place I would like to get down to one day. From what I read it has a rich history of unusual sightings ranging from bigfoot to dogman

Any chance you filmed one of your own party in the woods? I would suggest you film known subjects under the conditions you expect to encounter, this would help you understand the limitations of your equipment.

The audio is canid (dog, wolf, yote)