spudsquatch

Can anyone enhance this image?

24 posts in this topic

A friend of mine showed me this picture that he took a couple months ago. At the time he did not notice the figure on the right side of the photo.

A few days ago he had reason to look at the photo again and when he zoomed in he spotted something strange.

I know him well and this is not something he made up for my benefit. I wont bother with the backstory for now as the image is too far away to say if its what it looks like or a leaf or something.

I'm hoping someone on here has a means to maybe garner a bit more detail from the image.

sketch-1509595371042.png

sketch-1509595371042.png

Enhancing objects that are low in resolution can increase the risk of viewer pareidolia. The enhanced image at the bottom does exactly that. When you look at the untouched/unenhanced copy, the subject in question matches its surroundings much more closely in terms of detail. 

In both copies, the subject’s colour is green, which further supports that it’s just vegetation.

If it isn't too difficult or out of the question see if your friend would be willing to go there again and do some follow up shots. The original image doesn't look all that interesting from what I can see, is there a reason the photo was taken?

This is property he owns in BC and hes in another province right now. 

He's thinking of developing it and was there that day with a planner/surveyor. The pit he took the picture of is a possible new pond in the middle of the acreage. The planner wanted to know after what kinds of and sizes the rocks were for what ever reason. Thats why he went back to the picture later and zoomed in.

I know he has a rental property on it now. I'll ask how well he knows his tenant and if maybe he could go take more pictures.

He doesnt have much interest in the subject though so he may not bother. He knows I do so thats why he showed it to me.

Good enough, spudsquatch, thank you for the follow up and welcome to the Forum :) 

hiflier

It looks like a BF carrying a "Grey" ET.

Great picture!

2 hours ago, Sasfooty said:

It looks like a BF carrying a "Grey" ET.

Great picture!

Or perhaps a deer or elk (viewed from the rear)?

Agreed - great picture!

I'm having a really hard time seeing this as just "vegetation"!

It looks like a dark BF carrying a small "being", which is beginning to look like a white BF child, & possibly another white one walking on his left, & behind.

If it's a hoax, somebody sure went to a lot of trouble.

BF.ETs.jpg

Edited by Sasfooty
To add picture.

I never spoke to him again yet but I checked his property on google earth and the image looks to be about 180 ft from where he was standing. 

Its certainly in prime habitat. To the left of the image (north) there is nothing but wilderness. There's some logging roads but no public roads for 260 km.

it abuts the Purcell wilderness area too.

30 minutes ago, Sasfooty said:

I'm having a really hard time seeing this as just "vegetation"!

It looks like a dark BF carrying a small "being", which is beginning to look like a white BF child, & possibly another white one walking on his left, & behind.

If it's a hoax, somebody sure went to a lot of trouble.

BF.ETs.jpg

It's. Just. Foliage.

Hey, Squatchy. I've been here and you have been here. Must be a slow day for both of us back there at El Rancho Pattico, eh? ;) 

Edited by hiflier

Here, kinda quick an rough, structurally it could easily be a person, an not necessarily as big as Lou, husky build. I don't think it is foliage, I think it's a person.  

enhanced with hulk.png

Edited by PBeaton

Foliage? Yeah, maybe the pectoral tree or bicep bush.

^^^^ There's a lot of room for pariedolia ... but agreed ... I don't think that's foliage.   It is hard to be absolutely certain but whatever it is seems to be in front of the greenery a good bit.   I don't think it is a bigfoot.   It is most likely a person.   There are lighter patches which could correspond to the shoulder straps on a day pack.   If the property has already been rented, the first best guess would be the renter, though trespassers also have to be considered.

MIB