Urban Bigfoot Seriously? (3)

ioyza

The previous one is closed, but this will be a continuation of ongoing observations that I begin here: http://bigfootforums.com/topic/50678-urban-bigfoot-seriously2/?do=findComment&comment=978203

I say ongoing because...

XnHNgcc.jpg?1

They're baaaaack.....

(And by 'they' I mean the mysterious group of boyscouts that, three times per year, builds a little teepee of sticks on this exact same tree, overnight, generally coinciding with big drops in temperature and nasty weather)

vMQD57oh.jpg

PIfQBOdh.jpg

Well, it's been about 1 year since the first of these caught my eye, and I didn't take pics or note the date on that first one because of the location, and my "rational" mind took to the usual business of brushing aside the strong feeling the structure gave me and reassured me that "Nah, couldn't be..."

When the second one appeared overnight during a night of heavy rain/snow/sleet, I took note. And the third. Then the summer went by uneventfully and I had almost convinced myself the whole thing was wishful thinking, but as November approached, I began to wonder if they'd pass through again...

(Sorry for the missing images in the old thread, I'll work on sorting that out and re-post the relevant ones here later)

Edited by ioyza
copy paste cleanup
  • Upvote 2

Given the the size of the structure and what appears to be a rather urban location, it’s hard to tie this in with BF IMO as well.  Interesting none the less how/why these are showing up over night.

26 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

I'm sorry, truly, but I cannot ascribe anything like this to bigfoot activity.

But you can't ascribe anything to bigfoot activity, so why should I care?

Is this a hobby of the local homeless guy that lives across the midway? But it takes him months to gather up enough sticks, and he only works when it's cold and nasty out?

If it's kids, I figured they'd keep at it over the summer, or just get bored of it and I'd never see it again. If it's part of an annual travel route, I figured I'd see it again in November... and here we are. So what are we to think if it appears again in early-mid-January?

• Upvote 1

No, my conclusion after lots of thought and observing this go on over many months and looking at the Chicago situation as a whole and looking at Google Earth a lot, and trying to figure out why in the heck a person would be doing this at night in miserable weather, and seeing it happen again at almost exactly the time I expected it would if it were bigfoot, is bigfoot. And it's a tentative conclusion.

There is no "default conclusion," that's not how conclusions work.

46 minutes ago, ioyza said:

But it takes him months to gather up enough sticks, and he only works when it's cold and nasty out?

Why would it take months to gather that handful armful of sticks?

Edited by Incorrigible1

It wouldn't. The point was, if this is something somebody does for amusement, why only three times in a year? Again I'll re-emphasize: on the same tree, overnight, in poor weather conditions.

11 minutes ago, ioyza said:

It wouldn't. The point was, if this is something somebody does for amusement, why only three times in a year? Again I'll re-emphasize: on the same tree, overnight, in poor weather conditions.

tim-and-eric-gif-11.gif

I love how observant you are, ioyza. And your conclusion seems dead-on, to me. 

Great pics, great find, and great job presenting your findings!

And Twist, who knows why they do things? If you can't get into their minds (which very few of us can), you won't ever know the reasons behind what they do. That does NOT mean, however, that they did not do them.

Ioyza has been observing carefully over a looooong period of time, and knows -- from being on the scene, in the actual environment -- what the options are. That's the way you gain knowledge: by being in the location where these things are occurring.  

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Twist said:

Why does BF only do it 3 times a year?  Why is it so small?  What purpose does it serve for BF?

My idea is that they are short-cutting through Chicago on a circuit around the forest preserves, and that it's a seasonal trip. Or perhaps there are two or three different families/clans that stagger their trips seasonally. Its size is no smaller than many (the majority?) of BF structures. These would be communicative in function, maybe a map. I'll try to illustrate my thinking:

Suppose you want to get from point A (sightings in the South) to point B (my structure findings at Sidney Yates over the summer):

TW5fTmrh.png

You're not averse to traveling unused rail lines in the dark of night, so you have two options that could take you NE:

rDxPUTgh.png

Suppose you took the nearer option (left arrow), now we zoom in to UoC area:

I8Ybys4h.png

So you come in at the white arrow, have a clear path along the green (structure marked as pink asterisk), the other rail line then takes you up along Lake Shore Drive (with a decent bit of tree coverage between the tracks and the road, this is my drive every day). This could be represented by the structure as:

r3uNKqRh.jpg

You ultimately would need to transfer over from the lake shore to the river, which would likely involve the yellow path (I-90) briefly, then the river gets you the rest of the way there:

1ckzCXrh.png

How confident am I of this theory? Not at all. But this was already an idea I had brewing back in May, and this morning's structure fits nicely.

Yeah, it all seems overblown and crazy, and yet, there it is, again.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ioyza said:

My idea is that they are short-cutting through Chicago on a circuit around the forest preserves, and that it's a seasonal trip. Or perhaps there are two or three different families/clans that stagger their trips seasonally. Its size is no smaller than many (the majority?) of BF structures. These would be communicative in function, maybe a map. I'll try to illustrate my thinking:

Suppose you want to get from point A (sightings in the South) to point B (my structure findings at Sidney Yates over the summer):

TW5fTmrh.png

You're not averse to traveling unused rail lines in the dark of night, so you have two options that could take you NE:

rDxPUTgh.png

Suppose you took the nearer option (left arrow), now we zoom in to UoC area:

I8Ybys4h.png

So you come in at the white arrow, have a clear path along the green (structure marked as pink asterisk), the other rail line then takes you up along Lake Shore Drive (with a decent bit of tree coverage between the tracks and the road, this is my drive every day). This could be represented by the structure as:

r3uNKqRh.jpg

You ultimately would need to transfer over from the lake shore to the river, which would likely involve the yellow path (I-90) briefly, then the river gets you the rest of the way there:

1ckzCXrh.png

How confident am I of this theory? Not at all. But this was already an idea I had brewing back in May, and this morning's structure fits nicely.

Yeah, it all seems overblown and crazy, and yet, there it is, again.

Thank you for the very detailed explanation.  It helped greatly in understanding your thought process and reasoning behind it.  I’m still skeptical of the theory as a whole but at least now I see your point of view clearer and some logic behind it.   

• Upvote 1

Guest OntarioSquatch

I’m unsure of what the correct explanation is, but I’ve read some of your other posts very carefully, and based on those, I think you're either screwing with us or those structures were indeed made by something that isn’t mundane, and for a reason that isn’t mundane. If it were by (a) sasquatch, they would have had to been transported there for that very purpose. It wouldn’t be a migration on foot across the entire city.

• WV FOOTER unlocked this topic