Urban Bigfoot Seriously? (3)

ioyza

Sure, let me try to show you the big picture of what I'm thinking as it relates to their known (or alleged, depending on how you read reports) forest preserve routes:

8BsInKlh.png

Not sure on whether it would be yellow or green, but they're both rail lines so equally viable (if they're viable at all - this is applicable to everything I'm saying here so I'm going to omit these concessions from here on out if that's ok). The red is the North branch of the Chicago River, and it makes sense that if they're moving along the rivers (Des Plaines and Fox), they would have made a circuit like this, rather than just going up and down. Imagine the area before Chicago, with just the Potawatomi to contend with - it's only been a handful of generations. 

The red line terminates at the North at Sidney Yates, where I found a number of structures and other sign over the summer. Why would they go all the way down there from the North, into this little swampy patch of woods in the suburbs, almost in the city, if it's a dead-end? If they arrive from the South and make their way North, it makes a lot more sense. They're giving these areas time for food resources to replenish.

Calling the park district - I hate making weird phone calls like that haha, but ok, you're right it's probably an idea worth pursuing. I guarantee I'm going to get the phone convo equivalent of a very weird look, but if they fire back confidently with a mundane explanation, I'll be back right away to eat crow and admit to an over-active imagination, that I promise.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Begs the question: Are any deer or other large mammals ever seen in the vicinity of these Chicago "bigfoot sculptures?"

THAT'S IT INC1!! Animals with no opposable thumbs are doing this ;) All kidding aside I see your point. If deer or other large mammals make it through there then the 'thoroughfare' may be known and used by large creature's in general. Cotter's photos are pretty cool but I don't know where they were taken. I know in Banff, Alberta the Elk are downtown everywhere. I was in Jackson, Wyoming recently and there were elk in the middle of town on the green. Moose in Maine sometimes have to be cornered and removed from a town center. I saw an LEO go into the surf on a local beach in my neighborhood a couple of years ago and bodily pick up a frightened deer, carry it up the beach to the march grass and let it go. We get sometimes Moose in  Portland Maine too. So It happens. Me and my dog sat across from three grey foxes one night while out walking and all of us just sat and stared across the street from each other. No agitation and no barking, just watching. So who knows.

Hey who knows while it sounds implausible I've been told there's no way there's bigfoot in CT but I find tracks and structures where I go.

To be fair it is over 40,000 acres of forest there and a animal could walk from there  to Vermont and further without hardly crossing any roads.

3 hours ago, Cotter said:

Bear...not sure, but obviously not in the woods

Obviously, LOL

2 hours ago, JKH said:

Team ioyza here. More later.

IMG_1291.PNG

That is actually a very beautiful photo, JKH.

Edited by hiflier

As a teenager, I used to have to walk across town to school.  We had to watch our timing because a train ran through between us and the school and if we didn't beat the train, we'd be late.  There were many times as we watched that train go by that we discussed hopping on the train and seeing where it would take us. 

Whose to say little bigfoots don't entertain the same notion and end up in Chicago?  People tend not to 'see' homeless people, so an approx 6' upright walking creature is going to be assumed to be a homeless person and people look the other way. 

For the record...

I just left Mr. Rick Shaheen a simple voicemail.

From his message he seems to be in charge of public skating schedules...

I can't wait to hear from him.

Also, reading ioyza's posts I've come to the conclusion that he is one of those 'special' people who encounters sasquatch everywhere he goes. Not jmo, a record here on forum.

I'll let you know what Mr. Shaheen says...

wrong thread. transfer that last part to ioyza's chicago bigfoot thread in GD please. too late for editing

Edited by Squatchy McSquatch
copied from another sub-forum... editing time elapsed.
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JKH said:

Team ioyza here. More later.

IMG_1291.PNG

Without context, photos really don't add much. Edge of town? Busy intersection? Help us out, please.

Guest OntarioSquatch

Sasquatch and deer have notable differences in mentality, and consequently behaviour. Sasquatch in particular might not ever get into a town like that.

5 hours ago, ioyza said:

Calling the park district - I hate making weird phone calls like that haha, but ok, you're right it's probably an idea worth pursuing. I guarantee I'm going to get the phone convo equivalent of a very weird look, but if they fire back confidently with a mundane explanation, I'll be back right away to eat crow and admit to an over-active imagination, that I promise.

I understand why people are recommending this, but I think it would backfire.... All those park employees have bosses, and all those park employee bosses are part of the suppression game. If you report this, someone will create a fake backstory to account for what you found. And they'll make sure to publish the fake story somewhere, to get it into the public record. And then for years and years going forward, people will point to this Official Published Account of how what you found was part of some normal operation that happens normally on the 15th of Norm-vember every year.  

Don't tell 'em!   :)

• Upvote 1

Thanks, it is a cool photo, there's video, also.

51 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Without context, photos really don't add much. Edge of town? Busy intersection? Help us out, please.

From abc, Washington, DC, approximately Jan. 2016.

1 hour ago, LeafTalker said:

I understand why people are recommending this, but I think it would backfire.... All those park employees have bosses, and all those park employee bosses are part of the suppression game. If you report this, someone will create a fake backstory to account for what you found. And they'll make sure to publish the fake story somewhere, to get it into the public record. And then for years and years going forward, people will point to this Official Published Account of how what you found was part of some normal operation that happens normally on the 15th of Norm-vember every year.  

Don't tell 'em!   :)

Or he just might have a rational, non-squatch-related answer.

No reason for you to go complicating a rather mundane situation.

But you already did.

Imo...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, OntarioSquatch said:

Sasquatch and deer have notable differences in mentality, and consequently behaviour

I initiated a thread, oh IDK, a year or so back. I was attempting to compare a bear to a Sasquatch. Your post kind of brought the idea back. It has been my contention (and probably in error) that the mental acuity of animals is pretty much the same. I would like to start a thread on this but may ask that the thread with the original idea be unlocked if in fact it was one of those recently locked older threads.

The gist of my thinking though is that it's the physiologies of different creatures that determine how they think. Nothing to do with their intelligence really as far as whatever line of thinking they may have. It's more about what their brains learn. In other words OS, I think it's the opposite situation of what you said. Behavior is determined by physiology which in turn determines a creature's mentality. Not their intelligence capacity- only how they use it. I'll have to either start a thread or dig up the older one one. Hope I didn't confuse anyone.  

Edited by hiflier

• WV FOOTER unlocked this topic