Urban Bigfoot Seriously? (3)

ioyza

The larger structures are of more interest, but I do think they were created by humans, looks like to build a fire or to use as shelter or a blind. Now am I saying that Sasquatch are not in that area, no I do not know whether or not they are. I certainly do see how along waterways they could venture very far into populated areas. I do not think they would venture too far away from the green way areas if at all, and most likely would only do so under the cover of darkness. One must realize that all reports of these creatures suggest they can move at very high rates of speed, they are not always lumbering about as Patty seems to have been. I certainly would investigate the area for further evidence in the form of prints. That is where I am at, I need further evidence. Three years of recording some very strange stuff including wood knocking at all hours of the night and at times also strange moaning responding to knocking, it all is disturbing, but inconclusive. Now I also was privy to that whoop conversation that started the whole ordeal, so I am pretty convinced that I was dealing with something extremely unusual for my neck of the woods. I have heard some pretty solid investigators who will always lean Sasquatch last in terms of an explanation. If humans could be responsible then we must lean toward that conclusion. Of course humans do not leave 18" prints in the middle of nowhere where nobody will ever find them. That is what convinces me of the creatures existence. So I am really hoping to find such a print for my own realization of them being for real in this area. I practically got that with the snow prints found in Beach Park in 2013 or so, and also the Algonquin Sighting, I suspect both were the same group I am dealing with.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

14 hours ago, Lake County Bigfooot said:

I have heard some pretty solid investigators who will always lean Sasquatch last in terms of an explanation. If humans could be responsible then we must lean toward that conclusion.

I certainly understand that approach and know many share it but I respectfully disagree. Short of an unambiguous sighting, almost any sasquatch activity can be dismissed as human activity, as our ardent skeptics are always eager to point out. To lean is not to claim certainty, and one shouldn't feel shame for later deciding their leaning was in the wrong direction. Leaning towards a conclusion informs our investigative efforts. 

Leaning doesn't require evidence; experience can be much more conclusive than a print in the mud. When a series of knocks leads me directly to a structure, and I never see the source of the knocks? I'm not leaning human. I have very little doubt about their presence in the Sidney Yates area.

My leaning on the UoC structures isn't nearly as strong, but it is based on a number of trains of thought that I've explained at length. To be honest, my gut reaction to these structures has been the strongest force, and the circumstances making humans less likely in my mind has only served to reinforce an intuitive leaning. Without that intuitive response, I wouldn't have explored Sidney Yates, and I wouldn't have learned anything. The same thing happened at a near-suburban trail in Colorado. The first hike was nothing but a weird feeling about the crow calls. The second hike began with clear knocks. That led to regular visits, a number of structures, innumerable knocks and small vocals, one very close encounter, and a possible glimpse.

I've come to think of sasquatch as two phenomena: there's the way sasquatch and humans approach one another; and there's the way humans approach one another about sasquatch. The latter is (still!) fraught with fear and negativity, and it causes people to be extremely conservative in their thinking. Dismissal has almost become standard protocol. 

For their part, sasquatch deal with humans in shades of subtlety. They challenge us to observe, to notice. When you meet your own observations with undue dismissal, you're only slowing your progress.

People want this to be like some sort of CSI-meets-physical-anthropology type of science, and for me, the results of that approach speak for themselves. It helps that I'm not out to prove anything to anyone, not even myself, I'm only in it to follow things where they lead me, to try to learn, to try to meet them, maybe one day to befriend them. Fosey and Goodall laid the groundwork for the proper approach, and I say it's proper because it's the approach that gets results. They're not results that prove, but they're results that inform and instruct. In a lot of ways, they're repeatable with a high degree of consistency! You get results this way for the simple reason that this is how they want to be approached, and it's the only way they're willing to give us anything. 

• Upvote 2

Anyone else able to get hold of ranger Rick?

I got his voicemail for the second time. Park is just opening up for skating. Must be a very busy time.

Let's hope Bigfoot doesn't steal the rink's  zamboni and go on a low speed chase.

Through the streets of Chicago. :)

• Upvote 3

On 11/10/2017 at 9:16 PM, Incorrigible1 said:

Knock yourself out. I don't believe you can provide links showing large mammals in utterly urban, non-suburban environments. But go for it, prove me wrong. Will enjoy the experience.

Well, I'm just getting back to this. My comment wasn't made to appear superior, rather to express how much fun it is learning about enigmatic biology of all sorts. Here are a few links that may be of interest. I'm thinking I have more saved somewhere and will post if I find them.

https://dl.sciencesocieties.org/publications/books/abstracts/agronomymonogra/urbanecosysteme/87

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20131209/lincoln-park/citys-urban-mammals-revealed-one-snapshot-at-time

https://www.citylab.com/environment/2012/10/youve-heard-urban-coyotes-urban-bears-could-be-next/3561/

http://www.wmht.org/blogs/nature/nature-meet-coywolf/

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, ioyza said:

I certainly understand that approach and know many share it but I respectfully disagree. Short of an unambiguous sighting, almost any sasquatch activity can be dismissed as human activity, as our ardent skeptics are always eager to point out. To lean is not to claim certainty, and one shouldn't feel shame for later deciding their leaning was in the wrong direction. Leaning towards a conclusion informs our investigative efforts. 

Leaning doesn't require evidence; experience can be much more conclusive than a print in the mud. When a series of knocks leads me directly to a structure, and I never see the source of the knocks? I'm not leaning human. I have very little doubt about their presence in the Sidney Yates area.

My leaning on the UoC structures isn't nearly as strong, but it is based on a number of trains of thought that I've explained at length. To be honest, my gut reaction to these structures has been the strongest force, and the circumstances making humans less likely in my mind has only served to reinforce an intuitive leaning. Without that intuitive response, I wouldn't have explored Sidney Yates, and I wouldn't have learned anything. The same thing happened at a near-suburban trail in Colorado. The first hike was nothing but a weird feeling about the crow calls. The second hike began with clear knocks. That led to regular visits, a number of structures, innumerable knocks and small vocals, one very close encounter, and a possible glimpse.

I've come to think of sasquatch as two phenomena: there's the way sasquatch and humans approach one another; and there's the way humans approach one another about sasquatch. The latter is (still!) fraught with fear and negativity, and it causes people to be extremely conservative in their thinking. Dismissal has almost become standard protocol. 

For their part, sasquatch deal with humans in shades of subtlety. They challenge us to observe, to notice. When you meet your own observations with undue dismissal, you're only slowing your progress.

People want this to be like some sort of CSI-meets-physical-anthropology type of science, and for me, the results of that approach speak for themselves. It helps that I'm not out to prove anything to anyone, not even myself, I'm only in it to follow things where they lead me, to try to learn, to try to meet them, maybe one day to befriend them. Fosey and Goodall laid the groundwork for the proper approach, and I say it's proper because it's the approach that gets results. They're not results that prove, but they're results that inform and instruct. In a lot of ways, they're repeatable with a high degree of consistency! You get results this way for the simple reason that this is how they want to be approached, and it's the only way they're willing to give us anything. 

This is a really, really good description of what it's like to begin connecting with the BF. Respect and trust -- of them, and of your own intuition -- is what gets you there. Nice write-up!

And great links, JKH!

• Upvote 1

On 11/10/2017 at 11:16 PM, Incorrigible1 said:

Knock yourself out. I don't believe you can provide links showing large mammals in utterly urban, non-suburban environments. But go for it, prove me wrong. Will enjoy the experience.

Dude, I posted a pic of 2 deer in downtown Chicago.....how is that not utterly urban?  

Is downtown Salt Lake City urban?  Mountain Lion:  http://kutv.com/news/local/mountain-lion-spotted-in-downtown-salt-lake-city

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cotter said:

Dude, I posted a pic of 2 deer in downtown Chicago.....how is that not utterly urban?  

Is downtown Salt Lake City urban?  Mountain Lion:  http://kutv.com/news/local/mountain-lion-spotted-in-downtown-salt-lake-city

Agreed. Animals end up in some strange places.

But I think most of us agree that if Bigfoot was visiting down town Chicago? He too would end up on the 5 o'clock news just like that cougar.

• Upvote 1

Ioyza, I have been down these roads with my own experience, and like you realized that you cannot force any issues when it comes to understanding these creatures. Perhaps last summer, when I darted toward the direction of the knocking one dawn, hoping I might prove the knocker was what I suspected, well that might have cooled the waters so to speak. I do have the bent to want to produce something substantial in terms of evidence, if for no other reason than to continue to pursue the matter further. I guess where I differ from myself in times past is that I do not trust experience filtered through my own sasquatch tainted lens. If I am thinking sasquatch before anything else when it comes to examining possibilities of sounds, or of even a sighting, well then perhaps that lens is not clear enough to see correctly. Doubt can serve one well when it comes to keeping the lens clear enough to see what is actually there. I cannot tell you how many times I jumped on things before really thinking all the possibilities through.

An object being thrown at me? Or did it fall from a tree? A wood knock or was that a distant gun shot? Things can be confused and certainly are. The skeptical approach does not always conclude something is human, it simply rules that out first and foremost, as well as whatever might be mistaken for Sasquatch, Prints could even be mistaken, but not if they align with being much larger and wider than humans, such prints have been found in areas surrounding Chicago, so yes the creatures do exist very close to this Metro, without any doubt some move about the area, how many? Fewer than one might think I suppose. Maybe 5-8 creatures in my opinion North, South, East, and West, several 100 miles, and yes after almost 5 years I still hold to the fact I heard two of them in my own backyard area, that has been sifted and filtered though my skeptical mind and found to be substantial in terms of it's being legitimate.

• Upvote 1

The Sidney Yates Flat Wood area is interesting in that one could see a travel route from the north down the river and greenways including the golf courses. It is something that I have wondered for a while, that given the very nice greenway of the Des Plaines river, why has no activity ever been recorded along that route in recent history. I recall that story from the late 1800s when two guys traveling home late at night spotted a Sasquatch in winter on the ice if I remember. Look up that story it took place somewhere on the lower Des Plaines river and shows that the creatures have a long history in the area. Keep at it, I hope you do uncover something in terms of an even more urban connection because I do think the creatures are capable of much more than what some would think in terms of stealth. Besides who is really looking for them? Or would even acknowledge to themselves anything if they heard or possibly even seen one? Like person running along the north branch of the prairie trail in Algonquin who thinks they see a guy in a full length black coat in 70 degree weather, it just does not compute in the rational mind for most people. I am sure I have ignored stuff that they were doing around me in the past given my outdoor enthusiasm and late night fishing exploits.

BFF Patron

I do not doubt that BF, given the opportunity and it's own reasons,   will approach and possibly traverse populated areas.    The area near or on Joint Base Lewis/McCord in Western Washington is pretty darn urban in my book and has common  BF sightings.      But I  understand the skeptic's view of urban BF.        But given recent reports of cougars, along with the more common coyote and bear sightings in urban areas,  why would we think that BF would do any different?     The greater Portland area has had a large number of cougar sightings in the last year or so.   Not sure why put perhaps the forest fires in the Columbia Gorge has displaced a lot of animals including prey.    The outdoors men/women here know how rare cougar sightings are in the wild.     If one had a bucket list desire to see a cougar first hand,   perhaps a more likely way to see one than searching the wild,   would be to just go to urban neighborhoods where cougar sightings have happened and hang out.    That points to why urban sightings of BF happen.     There are more people around in a given urban area than there ever are out in the woods and even though urban BF presence is rare,   perhaps greater human presence explains a disproportionate number BF urban sightings.   But again, I neither trust human differentiation of witnessing a man in a suit from the real thing, or outright hoax.   Both are a factor when humans are involved so that factor cannot be ignored.  We see that with urban cougar sightings.     City folk see an cougar and initially assume it to be a big dog until they get a better look.           

Literally I think many people have brushed off seeing a sasquatch, they see something on two feet and automatically there mind says human, that is often the initial reaction of a person. I also think that if one were to whoop or moan, it would mostly get ignored by the average person, or also written off as human. When my wife and I first heard whoops coming from the marsh we though who is that kid, because it sounded almost human. We also were confounded as no kids live anywhere around us, and no other human voices were heard, or other kids. Then it was moving around in the marsh whooping, whoooooooop, whooooooop, anxious or excited. It was not till I heard the same voice 8 days later and the lower toned deeper response of another of the same, that what I initially heard sunk in....oh??? that was a creature......what kind of creature is that?

BFF Patron

Lake my experience with the whoop was when two BF were moving through the woods out of visual contact with each other.     Every 10 or 15 seconds one would whoop and there would be an answering whoop from the other one.     I interpret the behavior as their way of keeping track of each other when the other is out of sight.    Perhaps the whoop with response was what you were hearing?     I related that experience to John Bindernagel and he was very interested in the behavior.   Said that sort of whooping behavior has been observed in other large apes.  

I live in NE los Angeles county, which is pretty much all cities now days, with a few green corridors. There is at least one mountain lion living in Griffith park, in the middle of LA, just north of Hollywood, there's also plenty of deer, counties, foxes, and probably bobcat living in this park. There are also cougars,  in the Santa Monica mountains to the west. I grew up along the San Gabriel mountains in Pasadena, and we had cougars, bears, foxes, counties, bobcat, and even one huge black bird I saw a few years back. They're all still there. There's a plentiful supply of deer in these mountains. But big predators come in to suburban and urban areas around here quite often. At my last house I saw a cougar in the next door neighbours yard, and we had our "regular bear" and then this really big one that started showing up in the last few months I was living there. This is pretty much much directly down from where Matt and Co. filmed their L.A. bigfoot episode. But if you're looking for urban wildlife pics, there should be plenty from around here.

• WV FOOTER unlocked this topic