WSA

The Stranger in the Woods

18 posts in this topic

Coming back to this to respond to you Norseman. You certainly make a point I agree with, but again, not the one I was wanting to make initially.  I was not proposing some species of ape or ape-man could live 27 years in close proximity to a population center and avoid detection, because some deranged deadbeat did it. Mainly because (of course) somebody could (and did in fact) spot the human and not have any second thought about him...and also for the other requirements of propagation you mention. The point I was proposing is that SOME members of that species could possibly avoid detection in forested areas that humans frequent by employing some simple situational awareness techniques that even this guy employed with a pretty good record of success. If HE could do it, how hard would it  be for a critter with much, much more woods awareness and heightened senses, etc., etc.  ?

Of course too, this position must also acknowledge BF are reported in close proximity to population centers fairly frequently.  Even they seem to lack the diligence and skill required to stay hidden all of the time. Either that, or they don't care all that much when they are spotted in the open. The second theory is the one I think matches the behavior.  How many accounts have you read where the animal slowly and deliberately saunters away from the witness? Hundreds, probably. Tells me they are not exactly panicked when they are spotted, and treat such occasions as something to be avoided, but not the end of the world either when they do happen. I tend to attribute Patty's annoyed and disgruntled expression to her thinking, "Now here's something else I have to deal with today, and I'm really not in the mood."

As I said before Bigfoot could live like the hobo did. Cut off from others of its kind eking out a living in the woods and pilfering from humans. Yes. If a person or other thinking primate doesn’t want to be found? And they have some Bush skills? Probably not going to find them..... Unless they get injured or drop their guard or you start a massive man hunt.

Ishi

Claude Dallas

DB Cooper

Don and Dan Nichols

They too avoided people for long periods of time or were never found.

Edited by norseman

and Eric Rudolph....which is a point BF would do well to take: Don't eat out of dumpsters if you have any outstandings.:D