Bigfoot winter time survival

norseman

BFF Patron
15 hours ago, gigantor said:

I agree that there are not enough sightings and they are decreasing...

Washington 2000 - 2017. This year looking to have the least of all. Something is up and it ain't good.

wa-2000-2017.png

I think what is up in Washington is unprecedented logging in State owned forests.     I cannot speak for the whole state, but in SW WA, state owned forests are being logged at a rate I have never seen before.    How the State gets by with it when there is so much political power directly engaged opposing logging of any type,   I find amazing.    Perhaps it is not being done close to the Seattle area so the apartment dwelling millennials are totally unaware it is happening because they do not come to this part of the state to recreate?       My research area has been mostly clear cut.  The cutting started at the North end and swept through it like a plague of locus.   My own BF contacts have ended.    BF had no choice but to move East out of state forests into the Gifford Pinchot National Forest where logging is rare and human access is more difficult.    With that move,  human contact and reports have dropped dramatically.    Sadly for BF, the environment towards the East is much harsher.    Elevations are higher,  it is colder in the winter, gets lots more snow,  so winter related illnesses have to increased in the BF population.    I would imagine infant survival rates have fallen.   None of that can be good for BF numbers.     

Edited by SWWASAS
  • Upvote 1

If that seems plausible then the GF could be a good thought to keep on the back burner if anyone is thinking of a Spring time search for carcasses or bones.

BFF Patron
On 11/21/2017 at 8:51 PM, JDL said:

Ironic that nine seasons of Finding Bigfoot may well have had an inhibiting effect on the frequency of reports made to the BFRO.

If the reports submitted to BFRO as the result of The Finding Bigfoot show are similar to my experience doing that,   I might have well just filled out a report and thrown it into the trash can since nothing was done with three reports.    

4 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

If the reports submitted to BFRO as the result of The Finding Bigfoot show are similar to my experience doing that,   I might have well just filled out a report and thrown it into the trash can since nothing was done with three reports.    

Just because 'nothing was done' doesn't means that something wasn't done publicly or for you personally. IMO the BFRO is only private publicly. Everything it has is known to government. Has to be. And that means total control of information. In other words, for the most part, Moneymaker get first shot at reports. What happens to the 'good' ones and who gets to see them is anybody's guess but MY guess is there are agencies that DO get to see the more important reports  that could affect the public awareness and mindset.

If Bigfoot is determined by the general public to be real then it becomes a national security issue by reason that it becomes a national economic issue. I am in no way unaware of that aspect of what is under the umbrella of national security. Sasquatch documentation is highly serious business and the BFRO has positioned itself to be the repository and means by which sensitive information is channeled to authorities. And there is no way for Moneymaker to say 'no' to those authorities. And the fractured state of individual BF researchers and small research groups means there will never be a cohesive body powerful enough to force out any answers. In fact I expect a lot of data filtering in areas like YouTube so all we ever get are blobsquatches and ambiguity.

If anyone is convinced Bigfoot is real then the reality of the blacking out of information HAS to be part of that conviction. There is no other good reason for non-discovery after all of these years- especially with all of the new 'watch everything' technology employed 24/7. The only other alternative is Sasquatch doesn't exist. If anyone truly thinks it does exist then why the general public doesn't know about it has become a glaringly obvious no-brainer: Any knowledge of an actual living Sasquatch needs to be kept secret...........in my humble opinion    

BFF Patron

The BFRO does and has taken reports for a long time.    One would think it the government had any involvement in openly gathering or squelching BFRO reports, the Finding Bigfoot gang would have at least hinted at that to give their show more credibility.    .      The BFRO through the Finding BIgfoot show had the most publicity on filing reports out there in the general public      As JDL mentioned,  one would think that reports would have increased rather than decreased as the result of the show.        Did the snarky skepticism of Renae actually stifle interest in submitting reports?    I certainly would not have put up with her assumptions about misidentification if she had interviewed me.   Nor would her science background have given her any special standing to interpret  sighting reports than mine.     As far as the government squelching Bigfoot by threat or intervention with BFRO reports,    the Finding Bigfoot show did more to prove that bigfoot could not be found in 9 years of looking than anything the government could have dreamed up.    If there is government monitoring of anything bigfoot related, it is just as likely as I am being monitored as the BFRO.     They would cast a large electronic surveillance net and grab anything of interest in the process, including stuff published in this forum.   .  Just a second, I have to go see if that black suburban is still parked across the street.    (just kidding folks)

You bring up a good point.  If one is relying on the BFRO, or any other screened report site, the methodology used to pre-screen reports for public release will influence any statistical analysis applied to the released reports.  

Any change in policy, protocol, or procedure that restricts the number of reports released will give the appearance that the number of sightings is dropping off.

On 11/21/2017 at 8:22 PM, BobbyO said:

Now NorCal/Southern OR over the last 20 years is different, NorCal/Southern OR i think when running those same numbers, IS an issue..

I'm on a proxy and i can't add images to the thread unfortunately, but here's a link to the NorCal/Southern Oregon issue inclusive if visual graph showing the dramatic drop off as of maybe October's numbers that wouldn't have changed much in the last 6 or so weeks if anything...

Over the last 20 years in Pattyville and the NorCal Counties of Del Norte, Humboldt, Siskiyou, Trinity and Oregon's Curry, Jackson and Josephine Counties, we've seen 77 Reports.

One glaring standout is the major drop off of reports over the last 10 years, with just 13% of all Reports from the last 20 years coming in that time period.

I have also observed that issue of diminishing BFRO reports from California.

But, I don't think it is due to lack of BF sightings or BF activity.  I think the diminishing number of reports in CA is primarily due to lack of reporting and secondarily due to lack of investigation.

Even in BFRO outings that I have gone in CA, I meet people who had encounters and did not report.

In Northern CA I have met people who had sightings who don't want to be bothered.

They don't need to prove it to anybody and they don't want anybody nosing around their small town.

I agree that some of those reports coming out of the woodwork resulting from the Finding Bigfoot show eventually will make it to the database, but they need to be investigated and written up.

This has to be done by volunteers on their time and dime.

Also, I have noticed a lot of burnout and turnover among the BFRO folks in CA.

At some point it becomes a personnel management issue.

Squatchmetrics Pattyville.jpg

BFF Patron

Seems like a personnel management issue is for people who get paid, my understanding is if you hold your breath thinking you will get reimbursed for BFRO good luck, 

Best be making the big bucks so you can write it off your taxes (hold your breath on that too) for charitable donations. 

501c3 and all that. 

I do agree, most can't be bothered when it is in "your" neighborhood.  

Very risky proposition to report if you are intending on continuing to live and perhaps research there too. 

I went the BFRO route presighting and the investigators were helpful.

Post-sighting I decided not to formally report and I am glad I didn't (although I did have a trusted BFRO confidant interested in audio recording that I bounced things off of). 

Don't forget BFRO is listed by the Calfornia Sec. of State of Business office as an entertainment, outings-based company. 

They will do what they need to do to keep the stream flowing. 

Edited by bipedalist
  • Upvote 1

BFF Patron

FYI   https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/CBS/SearchResults?SearchType=CORP&SearchCriteria=bigfoot&SearchSubType=Keyword

Looks like one of the entertainment groups discussed has been dissolved, not sure on accuracy of that......     and whether that is THE entertainment group to which we refer. 

It has been years since I did this search the first time....   I would think it is still listed, maybe they incorporated in Delaware now that they hit the big bucks?!  . 

Edited by bipedalist

7 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

As far as the government squelching Bigfoot by threat or intervention with BFRO reports,    the Finding Bigfoot show did more to prove that bigfoot could not be found in 9 years of looking than anything the government could have dreamed up.

But I didn't say "by threat or intervention".

7 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

the Finding Bigfoot show did more to prove that bigfoot could not be found in 9 years of looking than anything the government could have dreamed up

And that tells me something right there. As I said:

8 hours ago, hiflier said:

If Bigfoot is determined by the general public to be real then it becomes a national security issue by reason that it becomes a national economic issue.

"Finding Bigfoot" is not supposed to find Bigfoot. And....

8 hours ago, hiflier said:

If anyone is convinced Bigfoot is real then the reality of the blacking out of information HAS to be part of that conviction. There is no other good reason for non-discovery after all of these years- especially with all of the new 'watch everything' technology employed 24/7. The only other alternative is Sasquatch doesn't exist. If anyone truly thinks it does exist then why the general public doesn't know about it has become a glaringly obvious no-brainer:

....says it all

8 hours ago, MIB said:

Real life doesn't fit in one hour episodes or 30 second sound-bites

Nope, you are right, it also doesn't apparently fit in a 50 year window or in 10 seasons worth of Finding Bigfoot junk. So, you don't think any of the high tech surveillance array ever detects a Bigfoot anywhere such as the PacNW U.S Canadian border? Not EVER in 50 years? Anyone who thinks this creature is real has to seriously consider that..

Edited by hiflier

You are 100% correct about this, hiflier. With the many reports of witness harassment and intimidation -- including witnesses in the military and in the Parks services, all of whom are told to shut up, or risk losing their jobs (or worse) -- it's obvious what's going on. 

BFF Patron

Explorer :   "I have also observed that issue of diminishing BFRO reports from California.

But, I don't think it is due to lack of BF sightings or BF activity.  I think the diminishing number of reports in CA is primarily due to lack of reporting and secondarily due to lack of investigation.

Even in BFRO outings that I have gone in CA, I meet people who had encounters and did not report.

In Northern CA I have met people who had sightings who don't want to be bothered.

They don't need to prove it to anybody and they don't want anybody nosing around their small town.

I agree that some of those reports coming out of the woodwork resulting from the Finding Bigfoot show eventually will make it to the database, but they need to be investigated and written up.

This has to be done by volunteers on their time and dime.

Also, I have noticed a lot of burnout and turnover among the BFRO folks in CA."

I think the CA situation is the same or worse in most of the country.     The reasons you list, including infighting in the BFRO and lack of investigator members in certain areas,   have been passed on to me as relative to the Washington State situation.    For sure if an individual makes a report and is never contacted by an investigator that pretty much ends further reporting from that individual.   Those that report,   know that investigator contact is part of the process.     So if never contacted they know their report has been ignored.    So if someone has multiple contacts,  they never get into the data base.    Just that could explain dwindling reports.     Most people,   and there are exceptions,  if the encounter does not scare them out of the woods, go back out looking for more.  

This will chap BFRO members here, but if there is a problem getting and keeping investigators,  why is the organization run more like a religious cult than a scientific research organization?      If you pay for several expeditions, and it does take several,    and get the secret nod or is it a handshake,  you are allowed to become an investigator and get access to reports.       At the same time there are people here with science backgrounds,   who do investigation on their own, who would never be considered without paying for the privilege.    Just the requirement to pay hundreds of dollars before being considered,   pretty much eliminates most who would honestly volunteer.    And then there is the necessity to preach the party line or face getting thrown out.    They threw Thom Powell out, or was he excommunicated?  .           Like I said,  it is more like a religious cult than anything else I can think of.    As often happens, in organizations where individuals get too entwined and controlling, perhaps it is time for the BFRO to install new leadership before the organization implodes?    MM may think he owns things but he does not own the members.    

Edited by SWWASAS
  • Upvote 3