Bigfoot winter time survival

norseman

26 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Plussed, WSA, for the Bromberg lyrics! Saw him play it, live, at the Ozark Music Festival, 1974.

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/stories/bigger-woodstock-ozark-music-festival-1974/

I had a Dave Bromberg album in the late 70's his version of Mr. Bo Jangles with it's backstory on Jerry Jeff Walker is classic :) Now where was I?

P.S. I noticed you didn't make it on either one of gigantor's list of names. Keep your head down much? I kinda did notice the utterly complete distraction of your post. WSA's too as a matter of fact but, in truth, his was a bit more cohesive to the current dialogue. It is nice to be aware that you are 'watching' though.  

So, everyone, just how might the few recent posts affect the topic of Sasquatch's winter survival? Or at the very least our knowledge of its existence?

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

DBB...one of the most under appreciated resources for Sasquatch winter survival! He helped me survive MANY a cold night.   And I often woke up with bullfrogs on my mind...

I also heard Jerry Jeff wasn't there on a (Sasquatch) research project.

Admin
2 hours ago, WSA said:

I'm a dangerous man....

A Counselor at Law witness actively looking for sign?  as dangerous as they come...

2 hours ago, WSA said:

I'm dangerous to you....

You better look out!

I'm sure they are. :)

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

P.S. I noticed you didn't make it on either one of gigantor's list of names.

Some people you just don't talk about.

SSR Team
On 11/27/2017 at 4:21 PM, MIB said:

Those who actually know have access to understanding those of us who don't know don't have.   We have to consider the possibility they ARE doing the right thing, we're just naive .. and letting our feelings of entitlement interfere with careful judgment.   Until the WHOLE public can deal with the truth, a level of secrecy is necessary because there is no way to separate the public who can from the public who can't.   You can do great harm to those who trust you by making mistakes about who you, in turn, trust.    Life isn't always conveniently black and white, especially when you have to deal with real people with real human flaws.

MIB

Spot on, thumbs up.

13 hours ago, gigantor said:

Watching the most "dangerous" people is also a very useful technique.

They do that by infiltrating the independent groups and even providing some resources for them, keep them close so they can watch them and detect any breakthroughs. Examples of dangerous people in the BF world would be the highly motivated go-getters, persistent, independent thinkers who are willing to go out and look for themselves. They would be targets to keep an eye on.

MIB, Hiflier, Norseman, Explorer, WSA, SWWASAS and BigTreeWalker are dangerous. How would you keep an eye on them?

Befriend them, give them a place to gather and share their thoughts and discoveries. Then you can easily monitor what they are doing/thinking. Get their data and store it conveniently.

I probably shouldn't bring this up, but if you look at the BFF leadership and some of it's most dedicated members, it's somewhat concerning...

Director:  MasterBarber -->  LEO (never comments, but is always watching)

Steering Committee Chair: Hairyman --> USFS official (never comments, but is always watching)

Administrator: VAFooter --> LEO (never comments, but is always watching)

SSR Data Curator: BobbyO --> Private Security (he's from England / Asia with a commitment to BF?)

SSR Analyst: Redbone --> a mysterious person, nobody knows exactly what he does.

Best Donor: JDL --> Military

huummm...  :devil:

Always, always beware of the data Guys, that's all i say on it..;) 

(haha joke joke for those of us........you know ;) )

I can only dream of Government pensions however (no joke there, from a financial perspective anyway.)

19 hours ago, gigantor said:

They do that by infiltrating the independent groups and even providing some resources for them, keep them close so they can watch them and detect any breakthroughs. Examples of dangerous people in the BF world would be the highly motivated go-getters, persistent, independent thinkers who are willing to go out and look for themselves. They would be targets to keep an eye on.

MIB, Hiflier, Norseman, Explorer, WSA, SWWASAS and BigTreeWalker are dangerous. How would you keep an eye on them?

Befriend them, give them a place to gather and share their thoughts and discoveries. Then you can easily monitor what they are doing/thinking. Get their data and store it conveniently.

I probably shouldn't bring this up, but if you look at the BFF leadership and some of it's most dedicated members, it's somewhat concerning...

Steering Committee Chair: Hairyman --> USFS official (never comments, but is always watching)

SSR Data Curator: BobbyO --> Private Security (he's from England / Asia with a commitment to BF?)

SSR Analyst: Redbone --> a mysterious person, nobody knows exactly what he does.

That Redbone fella interacts with government agencies every day, but his occupation is a complete mystery to most who know him.

He travels frequently (Georgia this week), but also sometimes doesn't leave his house for days, except to walk his "Redbone" Coonhound.

Lately he's been building covert listening devices... and getting fat.

BFF Patron

I see that I have been labeled dangerous.   Perhaps so.      Best way to keep an eye on me is do field work with me.     Since this thread is about winter BF survival,  I have wanted to get out on cross country skis in the snow and look for BF movement in the winter.     Not something expected by BF,  I know where to go that has been active at some point, but it is idiocy to go out in winter conditions on skis solo.     I used to be intermediate so would have to get up to speed again.        Someone would have to be  close to an intermediate cross country skier to do the areas I have in mind.    Move quietly,   stop and listen often, and see if we can pick up tracks?    Tracks in the winter have the potential to lead to winter dens or camps.    Anyone interested?     

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Redbone said:

That Redbone fella interacts with government agencies every day, but his occupation is a complete mystery to most who know him.

He travels frequently (Georgia this week), but also sometimes doesn't leave his house for days, except to walk his "Redbone" Coonhound.

Lately he's been building covert listening devices... and getting fat.

Northern Georgia perhaps? I'm in Chattanooga and be happy to take someone out for a few hours to look around in one of our spots close around....

21 minutes ago, TritonTr196 said:

Northern Georgia perhaps? I'm in Chattanooga and be happy to take someone out for a few hours to look around in one of our spots close around....

I'm south of Atlanta, a little farther away than I'd want to go, and I have to fly home tomorrow morning anyway.

The co-worker that I met with here lives in the woods outside of Knoxville. I am so jealous. I told him to keep his eyes and ears open.

On 11/24/2017 at 11:08 PM, bipedalist said:

FYI   https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/CBS/SearchResults?SearchType=CORP&SearchCriteria=bigfoot&SearchSubType=Keyword

Looks like one of the entertainment groups discussed has been dissolved.....

Interesting. I just searched and got 28 entities using "Bigfoot" in their corporate title. It looks like only 9 are in some type of research/entertainment effort - the rest are pizza parlors, hotels, car dealerships, etc.  Of the 9 that may be research/entertainment groups, 6 have been cancelled (which appears to be voluntary) or suspended or forfeited f/failure to comply with necessary filings.  

That just highlights some of the difficulties of organizing a research organization. 

On 11/25/2017 at 0:22 PM, SWWASAS said:

This will chap BFRO members here, but if there is a problem getting and keeping investigators,  why is the organization run more like a religious cult than a scientific research organization? ....   MM may think he owns things but he does not own the members.    

Solely as an observation (I am NOT trying to bash the BFRO), MM does own things and the fact is that the BFRO is not a not-for-profit organization designed to cure cancer or find bigfoot.  It is a for profit organization designed to profit the owners (or owner, MM), in exactly the same way as if it were a coal mine.

On 11/25/2017 at 2:07 PM, Explorer said:

All BFRO investigators are volunteers. ..... BFRO could greatly benefit from an external review/assessment of their management processes used with volunteer investigators.  ..... 

The growing dissatisfaction with BFRO is why there is large number of independent local and state BF research hobby clubs in the US. Yet, BFRO still has the best database out there (even with all its flaws) and no other national organization is available to replace them.

From a for-profit business's point of view, all the BFRO has to do is continue to enable the owners to make a profit.  Assuming that MM, the sole proprietor, is not a trust-fund baby and hasn't won mega-millions, he needs to have money coming in to pay his bills somehow.  Honestly, until Finding Bigfoot began airing, I don't know how you could monetize this - maybe start a website and keep the best stuff behind a pay wall?  (So that's how the staff vacays in Barbados every other month!!) 

On 11/28/2017 at 10:35 AM, gigantor said:

And the smoking man stays just off-stage, behind the curtains .... 

• Upvote 1

There was some discussion in a thread some time ago as well about the possibility that like ancient Human dwellers there may be seasonal movement. This movement may follow what BigTree Waker is describing as far as the drainage habitats. That being that the majority of Sasquatch summers in a different place than where it winters. 

We can barely piece together bigfoots winter time habits from the scant evidence that we have such as wood shelters, tracks, waste products, and sightings. Have we found dens such as what bears use during hibernation? I read one report of an underground den. If factual, then bigfoot might spend the winter around the earthen den.

If bigfoot is a normal mammal such as a bear but doesn't hibernate then there are many possibilities that amount to suppositions for wintertime habits. As winter comes on, bigfoot would move to lower elevations iand continue to hunt deer, forage for mushrooms, and eat creatures found in creeks. Again a few witnesses that can present facts. 

bigfoot image.jpg

Edited by georgerm
add picture
  • Upvote 2