Anyone going out today or tonight?

My group went out during the evenings during the Sasquatch Summit here in Ocean Shores with a FLIR and came up with some great hits.....on deer.

• Upvote 3

Did a road trip yesterday that included a stop for Thanksgiving brunch with some friends. Nothing to report but the food was delicious. Think I was too far East to have any chances. I use an older FLIP that has two hours of video recording on my dash which has a YouTube upload feature..I would really like a GoPro though. Might not make it out today but the weekend looks promising. And BTW, 7.62, this is a great idea for a thread :) 

Edited by hiflier

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

Did a road trip yesterday that included a stop for Thanksgiving brunch with some friends. Nothing to report but the food was delicious. Think I was too far East to have any chances. I use an older FLIP that has two hours of video recording on my dash which has a YouTube upload feature..I would really like a GoPro though. Might not make it out today but the weekend looks promising. And BTW, 7.62, this is a great idea for a thread :) 

About that Go Pro, do they have models that have a zoom to them?  Seems to me that I remember them as being pretty fixed focus.  I might invest in one if you can use a digital zoom, otherwise it seems like it would just produce more blobsquatches.

Well, 7.62, planning doesn't seem to work from what I understand ;) Besides been looking for someone in Maine to buddy up with. More motivational and fun that way. And two heads can be better than one. I'll even give them a free book as a show of good faith. I'll even sign the darned thing LOL:

Sasquatch Book.PNG

1 hour ago, Old Dog said:

About that Go Pro, do they have models that have a zoom to them?  Seems to me that I remember them as being pretty fixed focus.  I might invest in one if you can use a digital zoom, otherwise it seems like it would just produce more blobsquatches.

You may be right but I would think zooming after the fact would be possible in the Go Pro Editing software. I did come across something that said use the highest resolution possible and then when using the editing software zooming in will still give the 1080p HD output. 

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

My main concern with zooming an image after the fact is that if pushed too far it will pixelate.  If you can use a camera that has a zoom it will be a bigger image to begin with, and the pixelation will be at a minimum, if at all.  The bad thing with using a large zoom is movement of the camera lens.  The more it's zoomed in, the harder it is to stabilize the camera/image.  I guess there is no perfect solution.

20 minutes ago, Old Dog said:

I guess there is no perfect solution

Oh but yes there is, someone just needs to bring one in ;) All joking aside you are right. The best solution does seem to be to always shoot at the highest resolution available and hope one doesn't have to zoom in too far. We don't usually have to zoom in on deer or bears to see what they are. The nature of Sasquatch though almost requires being able to zoom in on details like.........like.......nose hair? Too bad but that's the nature of cryptozoology. Gotta be close, gotta be clear- and for good reason I might add.

LOL, Isn't it funny how you can take a picture of a deer, that turns out a bit blurry, no one ever challenges the fact that that is a deer.  With Bigfoot on the other hand....... Although, I think this is a picture of a guy in a deer suit.

blurry artistic buck-L.jpg

• Upvote 1

Guest OntarioSquatch

With deer it’s actually much easier to tell whether or not it’s a person in a costume. This is because of the dramatic differences in their morphology. If like Patty, the subject in question is only slightly outside the range of what we’re capable of creating, then it becomes much more difficult, possibly to a point where very few will be able to tell the difference.

4 hours ago, Old Dog said:

LOL, Isn't it funny how you can take a picture of a deer, that turns out a bit blurry, no one ever challenges the fact that that is a deer.  With Bigfoot on the other hand....... Although, I think this is a picture of a guy in a deer suit.

blurry artistic buck-L.jpg

The fact that a deer is a known and excepted animal is the big difference here.

This image confirms a deer sighting, not the deers existence.   

• Upvote 1

Guest OntarioSquatch

If someone were to post a picture of a guy in a deer suit and claim it’s a deer, the odds are that people will challenge it

If the existence of sasquatch were accepted by mainstream science, videos of them will still be questioned, as it’ll still be difficult to tell the difference.

BFF Patron

I was out in the Lamar Valley of Yellowstone today and upped it into some squatchy looking drainages that seemed to be water crossing for bison only, the assortment of tracks on old snow was fascinating. 

The weather is abnormally mild but pleasant for the tourism out and about values. 

I got a lot of blurry pics because I didn't dumb down my ev settings for a nice sunny day, rare error for me. 

The bison were so close it leads to need to burst shoot when they are blocking traffic especially.   I'll post up a few over in the wildlife thread of pbeatons tonight if I don't pass out from exhaustion hiking at 6200 ft. plus first. 

Edited by bipedalist

3 hours ago, Twist said:

The fact that a deer is a known and excepted animal is the big difference here.

A understatement :) if the deer is moving in a video one has just GOT to wonder how a person can fit their legs into the costume and have them look that skinny. Oh, wait, it would need to be two persons OR one person lying horizontal and using four stick extensions with fake hoofs on the ends. Man, jumping over that rock wall must be a bear, eh?