Anyone going out today or tonight?

Well just got back but no heat signatures other than a few whitetails and some small critters .

Would have stayed longer but my friend flaked out on me a couple of hours before we were to leave.

I don't mind doing it alone during the day but at night alone it can get a little creepy out there by yourself .

I did more driving along the dirt roads using the thermal instead of walking the roads.

I cover more ground that way by driving but it's so much quieter just to slowly hike those dirt roads at night.

Edited by 7.62
  • Upvote 1

Guest OntarioSquatch

If enough deer photos were fake, people would be suspicious of any real ones if they’re unable to discern the difference. This holds true for sasquatch as well, and would hold true regardless of whether or not their existence is accepted.

In order for there to be suspicion, there has to be a belief that a hoaxer might have created the subject in question. Such a suspicion can’t justifiably form if potential hoaxers lack the desire and ability to create compelling hoaxes.

8 hours ago, OntarioSquatch said:

If enough deer photos were fake, people would be suspicious of any real ones if they’re unable to discern the difference. This holds true for sasquatch as well, and would hold true regardless of whether or not their existence is accepted.

In order for there to be suspicion, there has to be a belief that a hoaxer might have created the subject in question. Such a suspicion can’t justifiably form if potential hoaxers lack the desire and ability to create compelling hoaxes.

Yes, but did you go anywhere. With all due respect that's what this thread is for and about :) 

• Upvote 1

The word you're seeking is "accepted."

21 hours ago, Twist said:

The fact that a deer is a known and excepted animal is the big difference here.

The comedic response might have been, "That would be corekt, thank you Inkorajubal1" ;) Sorry, Twist, sometimes I just can't help myself :) 

Edited by hiflier

I went today and put two dark ops trail cams on two different creeks.  I know most on here think it's a waste of time but at least they are there when I'm not!   Look up Browning dark ops 940 HDs and tell me what you think. I tested them in the house with no lights I could not see any light from them so BF would have to see in a different spectrum?   They claim that it makes no noise.   I have read the posts on here about the reasons most think they do not work but they seem to be getting better every year.  I try to hide them the best I can and use cover scent but I am sure BF is better at spotting things that are out of place in their domain!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Twist said:

It happens.

Whoever invented the language should be beaten.....

Two,too,to? Who does that?

^^ I hear there is a company in California that is making some breakthroughs that will really change the future, Cyberdyne I believe is the name.  :lol:

Brian, you'll know whether the claims for the camera are true or not soon enough.  If you end up with pictures of animals looking at the camera, bolting from the camera, etc. you'll know they lied.

I honestly think though, if a camera stays in place long enough and you don't check it every week (making an imprint), the animals come to ACCEPT it in the environment.