• Announcements

    • masterbarber

      T shirt fund drive   07/17/2018

      norseman has designed a t shirt and started a fund drive on custom ink. He is going to split the proceeds between the BFF and Project Grendel.  "We all owe this website a tremendous debt of gratitude. Our community and history would not exist without it. As far as the Project Grendel proceeds, I would like to see it go towards the purchase of a thermal scope."
      -norseman     https://www.customink.com/fundraising/sasquatch-hunter
7.62

Anyone going out today or tonight?

36 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, JustCurious said:

Brian, you'll know whether the claims for the camera are true or not soon enough.  If you end up with pictures of animals looking at the camera, bolting from the camera, etc. you'll know they lied.

 

I honestly think though, if a camera stays in place long enough and you don't check it every week (making an imprint), the animals come to ACCEPT it in the environment

 

I believe that with pretty much anything when it comes to anything unnatural left in the woods . Animals will eventually accept a 747 parked in a forest if left long enough

 and pay it no mind but when it comes to game cams and bigfoot there seems to be no logical explanation why they don't work.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JustCurious said:

Brian, you'll know whether the claims for the camera are true or not soon enough.  If you end up with pictures of animals looking at the camera, bolting from the camera, etc. you'll know they lied.

 

I honestly think though, if a camera stays in place long enough and you don't check it every week (making an imprint), the animals come to ACCEPT it in the environment. 

I can put videos on here were the deer never looks at the cam will do as soon as  they give me a premium account !  the new cams have no light in the human spectrum so I don't know what BF can see ! 

4 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

 

I believe that with pretty much anything when it comes to anything unnatural left in the woods . Animals will eventually accept a 747 parked in a forest if left long enough

 and pay it no mind but when it comes to game cams and bigfoot there seems to be no logical explanation why they don't work.

I usually leave my cams out for 4 months at a time

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Brian said:

I can put videos on here were the deer never looks at the cam will do as soon as  they give me a premium account !  the new cams have no light in the human spectrum so I don't know what BF can see ! 

I usually leave my cams out for 4 months at a time

One thing I would like to see made is a thermal game camera one day that would be priced like regular game cams . It seems that that is the only thing they are unable to see 

or at least don't seem to shy away from.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7.62

Yes, You can use these gadgets if you know how to program with a raspberry pi. It can even track a subject by using a script to the raspberry pi and all. You just have to learn python or some other program writing script. The key would be to place this in a known area with a solar powered battery and up high in a tree where these creatures may be. To make it even better you can even use a GPS- cell phone unit that you can purchase a sim card for through Arduino and have this connected to you raspberry pi. I guess What I am trying to say is that there is a lot one can do if they put their head together and come up with ideas. You just might have to learn and make your own box but it might be worth the effort.

 

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/13233

https://store.arduino.cc/arduino-gsm-shield-2-integrated-antenna

https://store.arduino.cc/mkr-gsm-1400

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The flip side of this could be to play on BF's curiosity. Instead of going to great pains to hide a camera just stick the thing out there and make it do something like whistle or growl or even rig it with a recorder that plays the supposed samurai chatter. In other words I think it's OK to make cameras obvious but do something with them that will attract a Sasquatch rather than depend on stealth? They don't seem to mind someone gardening or chopping firewood at a camp so it may not BE a noise or Human presence issue. Heck, put antlers on the thing. Paint it black and white and have it make scratching sounds like something clawing the bark.

 

Things in the woods have eyes and since the camera has an 'eye' for a lens paint on another one or stick on an eye or two that taxidermists use for say owls. Cover the cam with glued on feathers, have it put out a hooting sound, stick it on a branch ten feet up and call it good. I mean owls look down right? Might discourage thieves too if it doesn't look anything like a cam disguised on the trunk of a tree. There are people in F&G that go out and count owls. It could be they are out there collecting cards from their 'owls' to see what's on them.

Edited by hiflier
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks ShadowBorn  I never knew it could be built like that .

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.