Yeti vs Bear DNA

Martin

On 12/9/2017 at 11:46 AM, hiflier said:

That occurred in April of that year and I've never looked to see the situation afterwards regarding any avalanches. For a country with such an enormous change in elevation (under 200 ft. all the way up to Mount Everest!) one would think there may have been at least bears lost. Since monks had (have) artifacts then unless hunted and killed I'm sure carcasses or skeletons would be found in areas with snow melt.

Well, there is a phenomena being studied where animals can sense earthquakes before they happen.  Not that it's a fail-safe by any means, but it could attribute to the lack of Yeti (and bear) carcasses in the aftermath of an earthquake.

Yes, but even a years ago there was nothing definitive to report. I think it has to do with detecting the low frequencies in the infrasound range. My dog hates thunderstorms and hears them coming long before I do. As far as earthquakes go though we have so few with most very low on the scale that I forget to keep a watch to see if there are any correlations. If there is I don't thing I need to wait for scientists to tell me. I should see some kind of relation in my own pet's behavior even if I only know it after the fact.

Thank you, ian992, and welcome to the BFF :) Some pretty amazing threads have gone by before you came here and I hope you can take the time to go through some. I am always learning something new here m'self.