• Announcements

• masterbarber

T shirt fund drive   07/17/2018

norseman has designed a t shirt and started a fund drive on custom ink. He is going to split the proceeds between the BFF and Project Grendel.  "We all owe this website a tremendous debt of gratitude. Our community and history would not exist without it. As far as the Project Grendel proceeds, I would like to see it go towards the purchase of a thermal scope."
      -norseman     https://www.customink.com/fundraising/sasquatch-hunter
hiflier

Spring Research Groups

13 posts in this topic

Now that winter is pretty much here or just around the corner it might be a good move to consider a concerted Spring time search for bones or a carcass of a Sasquatch. I've always considered it the best time of year to be on the look out for such things. Does anyone think that doing this as a group in any given location is a good idea? This isn't about trying to have an encounter although that may happen but more about covering a wider area when in the field and brainstorming about good places to look by researching local reports encompassing all four seasons and the history of the region.

That sort of thing could be done over the winter and a plan laid out rather than just going in somewhere and hoping for the best. Sure would like to get anyone's thoughts on this. Personally, I'd be all for it. I think extra brains and input would be valuable on lots of levels. Some have equipment others do not as well as experience in the field. Might not be a bad way to go as a grassroots approach. 

Not sure you'd need a large group. If your suggesting there's a 500-800 corpse lying around, really all you'd need to do is look for the vultures, crows, ravens ect....bingo mystery solved. 

My prediction is you won't find what you seek, but you'll find a few deer, dog, ect. There are thousands out and about hunting, fishing, hiking everyday, and have been for a long time....maybe they missed it.

I have maintained that the best way to find a bigfoot skeleton is in the areas where there have been devastating natural events.     Eruption of Mt St Helens,    forest fires,    avalanche zones, landslides, strong wind storms with a lot of timber blow down etc.     Then during the spring,   perhaps something killed and covered by the event could just be washing out of snow banks,  creek or river banks.   We don't need a rotting body.   A partial or complete skeleton would be all the proof science needs.   I missed last spring due to foot problems but normally I head up to Mt St Helens area and walk the banks where ash from the 1980 and earlier eruptions are washing away exposing more and more bank.    The other big factor is that given the sentient behavior that BF seems to display,  rather than just leave their dead in the open to the scavengers,   if BF tends their dead,  perhaps they stash or bury bodies so they are not likely to be found.     That factor would make them much harder to find than dead bear which are rare finds in themselves.      So after some natural event BF relatives would not be finding and recovering bodies.      Anyway higlier's concept to look during the spring does seem to have merit from my estimation.        

Edited by SWWASAS

Statistically, people are hundreds of times more likely to have a clear sighting of a sasquatch than find a dead body of one. I think it’s worth mentioning that the odds are similarly low for capturing a photo of one using a trail camera.

In order to change the odds to the point where an effort is rational, one would need sufficiently helpful knowledge for the task, but such knowledge would be just as rare as finding an actual dead body. 

Edited by OntarioSquatch

Moral of the story, just take pictures of orbs!

Well, it's safer than trying to capture them in a paper bag.

Or, a wet paper bag in the pnw!

10 hours ago, OntarioSquatch said:

Statistically, people are hundreds of times more likely to have a clear sighting of a sasquatch than find a dead body of one. I think it’s worth mentioning that the odds are similarly low for capturing a photo of one using a trail camera.

In order to change the odds to the point where an effort is rational, one would need sufficiently helpful knowledge for the task, but such knowledge would be just as rare as finding an actual dead body. 

OK, everyone can just give up and go home now. Sorry I wasted everyone's time by even bringing up that everyone should go out and so obviously waste their time on an extremely useless pursuit. The only approach now seems to be do nothing but sit back and hope Sasquatch likes me enough to show itself. There. I can be negative, too. See how easy that was?

It has been suggested by some in the NA community that BF only shows to those that are worthy of it.    That of course means that BF is not politically correct,  everyone does not get a ribbon,  and certainly if they more likely show to women,  that is discriminatory on a basis of sexual bias.     Maybe we need to get the ALCU involved?     Really the key to find anything is boots on the ground and a lot of sweat equity and hard work.    We cannot even do the Fossey approach until you locate a tribe to start.   

Well why not set up  team for this spring in an area where they might not be but plenty of wilderness? Just a few people that can all get together who have some good skills and see what happens. I would be more then willing to try some thing like this if it was well planned. No cameras nothing of a way to try of proving them to anyone else but to our selves. It would have to be a controlled area where hoaxing could not take place so that we would know for sure. It would have to be done old school style but as a top notch science project.. This is not some thing that should be planned on the internet but set up in meetings .  I am talking tactics of what worked and what has not of making contact. I am like Hiflier if we can work together we just might put this to rest..  

I agree and what you say may very well apply to LIVE Sasquatches. But they don't live forever. Who knows, there could have been one drop in the winter close to a trail or even ON a trail but no one was looking for it so............nature finished it off. Yep, probably a one in ten million shot but all it takes is that one in ten million.

13 hours ago, OntarioSquatch said:

Edited 13 hours ago by OntarioSquatch

You are right about that OS. One definitely needs to do their homework and you are right again that the knowledge is also rare. There is no doubt that the task, though seemingly simple, really isn't in practice. But it is still only something that would have any chance of success if a Human is out there to make the rare, if not the rarest, of discoveries.

The group that I research with goes out year round, and always watches for signs of both living and dead creatures. Since snow is relatively infrequent in the Fraser Valley itself, but stays in the surrounding mountains for 4 to 6 months every year, we tend to follow the edge of the snow zone, looking for tracks and other signs of activity, though none of us has snow machines to really penetrate into the back country in winter. I do venture out on the plowed logging roads every chance I get, but that means others are working and playing there too.

I have found a few dead critters by following noisy crows and ravens, and by smell a couple of times. Moose, deer, bear, mountain sheep, and cattle have all been located this way, and 2 of our group, members here on the forum, found the skeletal remains of a hiker 6 or 7 years ago. They reported the find to the RCMP, and after describing the remote and rugged location, the police sent them back out there with a body bag to retrieve the bones and scraps of clothing and backpack! Not quite the same as finding a dead Sasquatch, but weird, anyway. :-0

Now THAT is back woods!!! LOL!