gigantor

Netflix - Discovering Bigfoot

71 posts in this topic

hi everyone! (whew, can finally post).

not to derail the thread about this guy's netflix show (just learned about this show during my latest search) but I have a question regarding other footage of Todd Standing that has been bugging me forever! so after catching some finding bigfoot episodes during their marathon the other day I got the itch and started doing my search again. I keep finding the same stuff though so when I came across a link to these forums it seemed like a great place to maybe finally get an answer...

FYI, been searching the site since I joined and not found what I was looking for. maybe I missed it. I want to know if there is any info, web site, video, or speculation over the Todd Standing video at the end of the Survivor Man episodes. everything I find refers to what they call blinky (the one shown above in the trailer icon) and I've read everything I can find on that. I want to read of see other big footers discuss the other footage the same way. that video, even if fake, is of something alive it seems. it freaks me out a little bit everytime. everytime I look at it I think it's a person until you move up past the mouth. almost like a person with something over their head but then the eyes.

a picture

hqdefault.jpg

also actually found the clip on youtube from another search. this one doesn't even look the same as the blinky one. but I'm curious to read on it as I have on the testing and theories of the blinky stuff.

also does anyone have any answers or theories as to why Todd's footage shows such a range of different looks? seems to me everyone would say because their fake would be the obvious answer so I wonder what his answer is.

again, what I am looking for is info similar to this (specific to the above video. please msg me any links from here or elsewhere. appreciate it. a youtube comment claim they found it was fake. myself? found nothing still and have searched since that survivor man episode) -

It has been conjectured here that " Blinky" and the other Muppets are actually Todd Standing. Apparently his sister is a make-up artist...

20 hours ago, OldMort said:

Apparently his sister is a make-up artist...

Todd's main team is his wife and sister who have various roles but it's all amateurish.  

If I want to see a bigfoot movie on Netflix, I'll watch Pottersville again. (I find it to be funnier than it really is because of my bigfoot obsession)

Todd Standing does not deserve my attention.

Watched Discovery Bigfoot this weekend.  It wasn't horrible, but it IMO, it really seemed like a vanity project from someone who's desperate for attention.  For what it's worth, I fully believe Todd Standing has had a sighting or experience before.  Probably multiple encounters.  And because of that he's so hell-bent on proving their existence that he'll go so far as to manufacture evidence.  

I simply can't take the 'muppet' heads seriously at all.  They just don't look real and organic.

On the other hand, the one close-up with the black faced being could be compelling.  Could also be a zoom in of a chimpanzee or gorilla hiding behind a stump in a zoo too.

Was definitely something standing by the tree in the one night video where he got the log supposedly thrown at him.  What it was is anybody's guess.

The audio growls, tree structure, and something grabbing the apples was actually pretty impressive.  Both pieces could be genuine evidence of our forest dwelling hairy folks.  But, with someone so mired in controversy as Mr. Standing, everything short of a scientifically verified body has to be taken with a grain of salt.  Bidernagel and Meldrum being involved would normally lend a lot of credence to the legitimacy of the project had Standing acted a bit more professionally with them.  As it was, it seemed like a guy pleading with the world to be taken seriously because he went hiking with a couple bigfoot experts.  

All in all, it wasn't a bad special if you can take it for what it was and watch mostly for the few pieces of evidence that could be something.  Was definitely overly long.  Could have cut forty minutes to an hour out just by having less shots of "Todd Standing, Action Hero" and focusing more on the actual potentially compelling evidence.  Can't say that I'd recommend it to anyone new to the subject, but for folks who are real into the Bigfoot phenomenon, it's worth watching once.

Everyone is skeptical of Todd's muppet.   William Shatner may disagree as the following evidence attests.

giphy.gif

I watched the whole thing, and it just seems like a big video for Todd to show off that he can find bigfoot basically any time he feels like it.

On 1/1/2018 at 11:02 PM, Quazimoto said:

Watched Discovery Bigfoot this weekend.  It wasn't horrible, but it IMO, it really seemed like a vanity project from someone who's desperate for attention.  For what it's worth, I fully believe Todd Standing has had a sighting or experience before.  Probably multiple encounters.  And because of that he's so hell-bent on proving their existence that he'll go so far as to manufacture evidence.  

I simply can't take the 'muppet' heads seriously at all.  They just don't look real and organic.

On the other hand, the one close-up with the black faced being could be compelling.  Could also be a zoom in of a chimpanzee or gorilla hiding behind a stump in a zoo too.

Was definitely something standing by the tree in the one night video where he got the log supposedly thrown at him.  What it was is anybody's guess.

The audio growls, tree structure, and something grabbing the apples was actually pretty impressive.  Both pieces could be genuine evidence of our forest dwelling hairy folks.  But, with someone so mired in controversy as Mr. Standing, everything short of a scientifically verified body has to be taken with a grain of salt.  Bidernagel and Meldrum being involved would normally lend a lot of credence to the legitimacy of the project had Standing acted a bit more professionally with them.  As it was, it seemed like a guy pleading with the world to be taken seriously because he went hiking with a couple bigfoot experts.  

All in all, it wasn't a bad special if you can take it for what it was and watch mostly for the few pieces of evidence that could be something.  Was definitely overly long.  Could have cut forty minutes to an hour out just by having less shots of "Todd Standing, Action Hero" and focusing more on the actual potentially compelling evidence.  Can't say that I'd recommend it to anyone new to the subject, but for folks who are real into the Bigfoot phenomenon, it's worth watching once.

Well said.

Bindernagel and Meldrum should be ashamed of themselves!  Nothing but media seekers and I'll never take anything they say as fact again!

I watched the show a week, maybe 2 weeks ago. I had a hard time taking him seriously as a researcher given some of the things he said and did.

1) He refers to bats being completely blind yet that's not even close to true. Most bats can see rather well. in fact, this myth has been debunked countless times. Yet he throws out there as though it is set in stone fact. It takes away from his credibility. 

2) When he is walking up on the supposed sasquatch at night (the one with its back turned to him). As he is walking his camera is held in his hand, thus you can see over the limb of the tree. From that angle we can see there is something there. A stump? A sasquatch? Who knows. Then out of nowhere he is hit by a log.  After he is hit by the supposed thrown log the camera remains on the ground. He does not try to pick it up and show the spot where the supposed creature was. Rather he simply walks over to the spot, with the camera now at a different angle, and tries to show how big said creature was in comparison to him. Since the angle is now considerably different, it discredits his attempt at being honest. A person can do a number of tricks with angles in terms of filming/taking pictures. Thus for it to be honest he should have tried for a similar angle. He didn't. We, the viewer no long have the same clear line of sight we had before. That supposed sasquatch could very well just be a stump. The object could still be there, we simply don't know.

3) his claims of encounting them in the numbers he has. For every time I've seen them I've heard them 5 times. I've noticed them X, and so on. If these creatures are as he claims the greatest masters of the woods and better at evading detection than even the most skilled humans how has he encountered them so often? He makes it seem like everytime he goes off into the woods they are there waiting. As though they are wanting to be found. 

4) his listing of training he has received. Are you going to war like rambo or are you tracking an animal? 

I could name more but honestly not really wanting to. I was hopeful given the fact Dr's Meldrum and  Bindernagel (who by the way I have been a fan of since I was a child and saw him on Creepy Canada. Would honoured to meet him one day) were in it that the film would be better. Sadly I was disappointed once I learned Mr. Standing was heading it up. I just find most of his "findings" forced. Like it has to be Sasquatch, can't be anything else. He could honestly have the best evidence and findings. Yet because of the way he presents it and the things he has claimed and said almost all credibility is lost in my view. He is almost as bad if not equal to Tom Biscardi, Matthew Whitton, Rick Dyer, and Justin Smeja. 

Still, like others have mentioned here in the trend, the growls and the apples were interesting for me. That caught my attention and I found myself watching the scene over and over trying to see if I could explain it away. 

I watched it and feel much the same way as everyone stated. It was disappointing to say the least. 

I finally watched it at the weekend. I didn't have high expectations going in but decided to watch of the involvement of Jeff Meldrum & John Bindernagel. Unfortunately, it's safe to say the film probably fell short of my expectations anyway. It's poorly made and Todd's efforts to prove himself this all action, outdoors man are pretty grating. The video evidence he produces (muppet face, Blinky...etc) isn't even questionable and instead falls into outright hoax territory for me. Much like Todd's over the top efforts to prove he's a great tracker, i think he tries so hard to prove he does interact with bigfoot that he has resorted to faking evidence. Once you do that (and let's be honest, he has a history of it) I don't think you can ever truly get your credibility back.

The one intriguing thing that does come out of the film for me (and I haven't seen anyone else mention this) is Jeff Meldrum's experience witnessing something walking through the clearing up on that hill and Todd subsequently finding tracks. I have a great deal of respect for Jeff' Meldrum and have no reason to doubt his testimony. It's the one interesting snippet in an otherwise, long, uninteresting and poorly made film.

The jealousy in this thread is strong 

Jealousy? More like hostility......and it’s well deserved.

Jealousy, not. He is known to own a CGI based Special Effects Company or similar, he has abused the the Youtube copyright system to censor criticism, etc, etc, everything about the guy and his efforts screams fraud. The burden is on him and his fans to prove otherwise.