SRN- The Sasquatch Research Network

hiflier

On 7/16/2018 at 0:03 AM, norseman said:

If the creature is herding you out of an area or displaying to intimidate you? And you comply? Its getting what it wants. But if you didnt? What happens then? Probably unlikely its going to say “shucks” and pack up and go home. Right? It wants you out of there probably for a very good reason. You pose a threat to young or resources......

I’m reminded of Mountain Gorilla tours. You dont look a silverback in the eyes. You dont talk loud. You dont make sudden movements. You sit down and make yourself small. Failure to do these things could trigger an attack, maybe a fatal attack. 

And what about Grizzly bears? They bluff charge alot. But sometimes the charge is not a bluff.

And your right....if it was predatory it would not let its self be known until it was too late.

All three examples are spot on as it relates to those creatures. I'm just not convinced they translate to a sasquatch which I think is far more clever and calculating. What's the cost/benefit?  I'll couch that by saying that if it perceived a grave threat then all bets are off.

As SWWASAS alluded to, and I agree, sasquatch have had over two hundred years to observe the consequence of them taking a human. Make off with a hairless little human and others will come. Lots more and with boom sticks. Scare them but don't kill them.

If I were a betting man, I'd place my money that a challenge to a sasquatch herding a human may trigger frightfully aggressive behavior but would not cause an actual attack with injury to the human. It just takes a gigantic amount of courage to test this theory and I'm not sure I could muster that courage alone.

Edited by wiiawiwb

BFF Patron

I would not want to bet that you could do anything and not trigger an attack from a BF.  I think you are correct that most of the time they would avoid attacking.   But I have unknowingly blundered into some stuff that triggers a response, including growls and bluff charges out of sight,   .   . Throw in a female or family situation with juveniles and I would not want to be the researcher exploring their boundaries and limits of their patience.  .Additionally just like humans are, there seem to be BF that are just plain grumpy.   Someone commented on this thread about that very thing.    While the risk may not be worth provoking a BF,   provoking one does seem to be a way to get them to break cover and show themselves and potentially get that gold ring photo or video.       But there might be a very fine line between bluff and real charge with consequences.   If you go too far,  would do you no good for a teen juvenile BF to discover how to replay the video in your camera after his dad rips off your head. 

Edited by SWWASAS

BFF Patron

You got that completely wrong.     I was a functional test pilot in the USAF on two different aircraft.     I would fly the aircraft after major maintenance.   They did not want an inexperienced pilot to fly an airplane that might have major stuff not work.   That was pretty cool.  Even used different check lists and did a test profile to check out major functions that could only be checked while the aircraft was flying.     In the T-38 we  would do a burner climb to about 35,000 feet.   Push the nose over and go supersonic to check for flight control problems or supersonic fire lights which were very common.    Then go into a test area, do full stalls, to check the wing rock in a stall,  make sure it would not flop over on its back,    shut an engine down then relight it.    Shut the other engine down and relight it.   Go inverted and pull negative G's to make loose stuff fall out of all the nooks and crannies.    Was amazing what would fall out and you had to grab that was floating around.  You could not pull negative G's very long as the oil system did not work inverted, and the engine would have problems.  I cannot remember what else we did.    

But the most fun you can have with your clothes on, is fly an airplane that has never left the ground before.   Did that with my own airplane that I also built.    For a pilot, that is pretty close to a lunar landing in excitement.   I suppose there is something similar for a hunter with big game.   Dangerous game comes to mind.

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

You got that completely wrong.     I was a functional test pilot in the USAF on two different aircraft.     I would fly the aircraft after major maintenance.   They did not want an inexperienced pilot to fly an airplane that might have major stuff not work.   That was pretty cool.  Even used different check lists and did a test profile to check out major functions that could only be checked while the aircraft was flying.     In the T-38 we  would do a burner climb to about 35,000 feet.   Push the nose over and go supersonic to check for flight control problems or supersonic fire lights which were very common.    Then go into a test area, do full stalls, to check the wing rock in a stall,  make sure it would not flop over on its back,    shut an engine down then relight it.    Shut the other engine down and relight it.   Go inverted and pull negative G's to make loose stuff fall out of all the nooks and crannies.    Was amazing what would fall out and you had to grab that was floating around.  You could not pull negative G's very long as the oil system did not work inverted, and the engine would have problems.  I cannot remember what else we did.    

But the most fun you can have with your clothes on, is fly an airplane that has never left the ground before.   Did that with my own airplane that I also built.    For a pilot, that is pretty close to a lunar landing in excitement.   I suppose there is something similar for a hunter with big game.   Dangerous game comes to mind.

As I said there are exceptions.

But my father couldnt climb a step ladder without passing out.

18 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

My father restored and flew antique airplanes.  Was pretty cool flying with him until something went wrong which if you do it enough, something will go wrong.

On 7/17/2018 at 9:15 PM, SWWASAS said:

Woah!  Mad respect!  Did they have you flying any cool test craft?  Did you see anything that you are not allowed to talk about today?

BFF Patron

Other than my own I did not fly any military experimental aircraft.    Functional test pilot is basically someone that flies aircraft for the maintenance people so not Right Stuff kinda thing.  I did pick up a T-38 from Northrop that was new and only had a few hours on it.   Most military planes are kinda smelly like an old truck but this smelled like a new car.   I have done stuff that was classified that has never been discussed in open sources.  The classification was to protect knowledge of the capability.    Nothing that would be of interest to UFO investigators.  

BFF Patron

I saw a National Geographic special about the discovery of the Australpithecus Sediba in South Africa.    That was the species found in a deep cave.    The skeletons of several dozen individuals were in this deep cave.    The species lived concurrently with others in the Homo genus about 1.9 million years ago.    What was noteworthy that the only bones in the cave found other than the Sediba were the bones of one owl.      So it was not a lair of a large cat that hauled the victims down there.    The scientists would not state it with any surety but that seems to indicate that the Sediba cared for their dead and stashed them in the cave.    I could not help wondering as I watched this, if BF stash their dead in caves or lava tubes.     It was really a fluke that these bones were even found.    Lee Berger, the chief scientist leading the dig, had to recruit small women paleontologists, especially if they have caving experience, because most men could not fit through the passages to get to the cavern location.   Berger had previously, with the help of his 8 year old son, found australpithecus bones in a pit.   They are very rare and only a few bones defined the species.   After that he instructed some local cavers to start looking in caves for bones.   A comment was made quite relevant to the lack of BF fossils.       There are more scientists examining the bones of human ancestors,  than there are bones to examine.    They are very very rare.  

Edited by SWWASAS
  • Upvote 1

I saw that documentary a while ago, and found it fascinating, and as you point out, quite relevant to our own quest for evidence. Had those bodies not been deliberately placed in that cave, we'd have no knowledge of that species of homo whatsoever.

Will the SRN be active in Canada?

Will response staff be bilingual? In the rare case of the Quebecois Sasquatch, if you will...

Depends on who wants to activate a cell somewhere. I don't have any idea where people have gotten the notion that this would be some kind of large organization from. Certainly not me. It is grass roots all the way. Someone has an active area? Then it would be up to them to find local people to get involved in doing a road search as fast as possible around a sighting. The program must be in place before any advertising could be effective. But it will only work if the people in that active area want a way to field reports and deploy a search in real time. This isn't a hard concept to understand.

Edited by hiflier

BFF Patron
18 hours ago, norseman said:

Maybe we should be hunting caves?

Much of our knowledge about Neanderthal has come from caves.   The Denisovan finger bones were found in a cave.   Mankind has apparently lived in caves for much of our history.    The Sediba only had 1/3 the brain capacity of a modern human yet seemed to tend their dead by stashing them in caves.  .   Some of the oldest human artifacts in North America have been found in caves.     They discovered that ancient humans in the Himalayas were stashing their dead in caves that were carved out of hill sides     Many of them were mummified because of the dry cold air. .   So we have an apparently primitive species living in North America,  that are apparently missing a construction gene or use fire, so it is hardly a surprise that they would seek out and use caves or lava tubes for shelter.   Even if they do not use caves for shelter,   it would be convenient to stash their dead in caves.  Much of the need for tending the dead in humans is belief in some sort of afterlife.    The Sediba, in spite of their small brains, must have had some sort of afterlife belief as far as 1.9 million years ago.  So yes I think we should be looking in caves or protected places.    

Edited by SWWASAS

It is credible to me at just how far back into the past humanity extends.....it was there long before our own species began. Apes are very very intelligent. Even with what we have learned with modern great Apes! We just lost Koko....look at what she taught us!

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2018/06/gorillas-koko-sign-language-culture-animals/

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic