Hand prints

Brian

I have wondered how there could be so many footprints but no hand prints.  They have to use their hands.  I get that most of the time what they use them for will not leave a print but if they are along a creek or river looking for clams or say crayfish you would think something would be left at some point.  So far all I can find on the internet is a print that looks like mickey mouse left it and some smears on glass so what do you think is the reason for that?  Do you think they are just that smart or that maybe we miss it when it's there.   It's just not as obvious as the print and we focus on the print and don't look for other things!   if they bend down and touch the ground they are not putting as much weight on there hands.  This is what happened to me, I took a picture of what I thought could be a juvenile footprint with no arch 6 in long .  I did not see anything else.  I went home and downloaded it and said wow !  Just so everyone knows I sent this to Jeff Meldrum he said he saw a dog print a human footprint and a human hand print with a heal smudge at an angle so who am I to argue with an expert?  What I didn't get to tell him was I though my camera was on 10 meg it was on 2 so I could not blow up to see derm and this pic was 50 feet from a pinch point where BF would go under at night.  You can see down to river so when I looked at all info it seemed like if you looked at pic it kneeled down when a car passed to hide but I can not dispute an expert so tell me what you think.  Sorry I can't blow it up. By the time I went back the next day to cast it it was gone lots of 4 wheeler traffic so it was gone !florida 1 093.JPG

florida 1 092.JPG

6 hours ago, PBeaton said:

Various other tracks as well, but here's what I figure Jeff mentioned.

:drinks:

Brian's photo 2.jpg

Yes, This is the first thing I ever found. If you can zoom it is easier to see. I do not have any way to edit photo 

Cropped an tweaked sharpness, contrast a little. (click image for better view). Brian, Gimp is a free download for photo editin', it's what I use, pretty easy an handy an lots of tutorials on youtube. 

Brian's photo cropped an tweaked.jpg

• Upvote 1

I do not doubt Brian's authenticity from a point of presenting these as he found them, but they seem odd to me.  Both the foot and hand print.  The foot seems to be very defined yet very short toes, The hands seem like the fingers are narrow for the apparent length given what I see as the palm area.  They are interesting for sure and I"m not sure if the shape or dimensions is messing with my observation of them.   

Edited by Twist

Looking at the first picture, there's a boot heel track visible which gives some scale.    These seem to be pretty small tracks.    There are things to both like and dislike about both hand and foot track.   Given the relative sizes, given the level of detail in each, they might not have been made by the same individual or at the same time.

MIB

So I ask why there are not more hand prints found ? and after 272 views no one has left an opinion why ? So the pictures were distracting. I should have left them separate ! Anyway somebody comment on why thy do not think they are more hand prints left ?

True but when you dig for food and go after things in a creek you would think that there would be more?

3 minutes ago, WSA said:

I can answer that with a question of my own Brian: How many handprints do YOU leave on a typical walk through the woods?

Valid point, yes, but maybe that would not lend itself to full-hand, or even partial-hand prints.  I'd think what you'd see more of is finger tip drag marks, and watery substrates like those found along shorelines and creek banks are not going to hold prints for that long a time.   

That aside, I seem to recall at least a few BFRO reports that describe or document with photos suspected hand or finger imprints. Have you scoured that database for those? Some members may even have those at their (ahem)...fingertips.

Not to stir up sleeping beasts either, but the Skookum cast I believe had a suspected hand imprint, if I recall correctly.