Hand prints

Brian

I'm not an expert on print identification Brian, so really don't have an opinion.  I like to try and clean up photos that folks are commenting on in order to allow better analysis, whether or not I have "a dog in the fight" so to speak. It doesn't mean I'm not interested, simply that I attempt to follow the adage to keep my mouth shut and risk being thought a fool rather than speak and remove all doubt;)

Hi, Brian, might I respectfully suggest something? That environment in your locale being so large and with areas on both sides of a major high presents some options. One is that there is no doubt zoologists as well as biologists would be highly interested and therefore connected to research in those areas. From a purely academic standpoint would you consider trying to establish a rapport with one or some of those scientists? Or maybe a university department in the area that is studying the flora and fauna in those locations? Even going so far as to send or show your photos to an anthropologist? They may be able to shed some light on the foot and hand morphology that the prints in the photos are depicting.

Attempts at creating some kind of interest or dialogue may be very revealing as regards to the stance academia takes on such matters even if no one wants to invest any time or energy in what you bring to them. Call it a fact finding exercise to see where you would stand with the scientific community. With a bit of delicate diplomacy you may find there are one or two individuals that are finding the same things in the field that you are? Someone may even be surprised that a private citizen has discovered similar impressions in the strata around the bridge and is also interested.

I don't think it far fetched to even say they may even tap you for more data from the field that they do not have time themselves to pursue. The academic year is also fast coming to the end of the second term in which more research in the field may be possible for them and any students doing summer field work. Worth a try?  

On 3/28/2018 at 11:09 PM, hiflier said:

Hi, Brian, might I respectfully suggest something? That environment in your locale being so large and with areas on both sides of a major high presents some options. One is that there is no doubt zoologists as well as biologists would be highly interested and therefore connected to research in those areas. From a purely academic standpoint would you consider trying to establish a rapport with one or some of those scientists? Or maybe a university department in the area that is studying the flora and fauna in those locations? Even going so far as to send or show your photos to an anthropologist? They may be able to shed some light on the foot and hand morphology that the prints in the photos are depicting.

Attempts at creating some kind of interest or dialogue may be very revealing as regards to the stance academia takes on such matters even if no one wants to invest any time or energy in what you bring to them. Call it a fact finding exercise to see where you would stand with the scientific community. With a bit of delicate diplomacy you may find there are one or two individuals that are finding the same things in the field that you are? Someone may even be surprised that a private citizen has discovered similar impressions in the strata around the bridge and is also interested.

I don't think it far fetched to even say they may even tap you for more data from the field that they do not have time themselves to pursue. The academic year is also fast coming to the end of the second term in which more research in the field may be possible for them and any students doing summer field work. Worth a try?  

I sent it to David J Daegling Ph. D University FL  no reply. still keep checking same area to hope to find another one no luck so far ! Thought about driving to Florida State University but 2 hrs and no way to know if I could see him ? Thanks for your ideas !